canucks gone, who do you want to come out of the west

talloola

my choice is 'san jose'.  they remind me a bit of the canucks, as they have knocked on the door in the playoffs

for some time, with no success, and they have some older' high end' players who will be past their peak soon.

i like the team, i like their coach, and i will follow them till they either go all the way, or are 'out'.

they are a very good team, along with the rest of the west, but they have paid their dues, so 'go sharks'.

@talloola

Welcome!

I wouldn't mind the Sharks winning the West, nor would I be opposed for the Blues to win as I think both teams are strong and deep.  However if I'm picking favorites here the Wild are a second favorite team to me as I watch and follow them on a regular basis.  I do not think the Wild have all the pieces together at this time as their goaltending has fallen apart this season, but I'm hope full they win over the Aves.

my choice is 'san jose'.  they remind me a bit of the canucks, as they have knocked on the door in the playoffs

for some time, with no success, and they have some older' high end' players who will be past their peak soon.

i like the team, i like their coach, and i will follow them till they either go all the way, or are 'out'.

they are a very good team, along with the rest of the west, but they have paid their dues, so 'go sharks'.

@talloola

Welcome!

I wouldn't mind the Sharks winning the West, nor would I be opposed for the Blues to win as I think both teams are strong and deep.  However if I'm picking favorites here the Wild are a second favorite team to me as I watch and follow them on a regular basis.  I do not think the Wild have all the pieces together at this time as their goaltending has fallen apart this season, but I'm hope full they win over the Aves.

I am original six all the way so I would have to go with the Hawks but frankly I do not see it this year, they just seem flat. I cannot root for Patrick Roy under any circumstance ever ever ever. I like San Jose and would not mind them winning for Thornton both Joe who plays for them and our Joe the poster. The Kings bore me, The Ducks I hate the Wild and Stars are just too big of underdogs to take serious. And that leaves the Blues who I wouldn't mind but they are not a favorite of mine. So in order, I would go

1. Hawks

2. Sharks

3. Blues, I guess

everyone else

Avalanche

BTW welcome to the forum!!

i like minnesota too, enjoyed them for years, back when gaborik was a rookie, and lamaire was coaching.  they have struggled over the

years with mediocre players, and one super star, and their brand of hockey was good defense, as that is how they could win some,

and gaborik was amazing on that team, and i am enjoying him in l.a. too, as it is probably the best team he has ever played on.

st. louis was so strong for so long this season, but nasty injuries of late, so not sure if they can survive first round.

i like dallas, but don't think their defense is strong enough right now.

i like colorado with all of their young guns, and roy as the coach has really done well, maybe he will win coach of the year.

l.a. is always tough, so good on the defensive side of the puck, and with quick they are very hArd to score on, but they also

don't score much themselves.

anaheim is a funny team, sometimes they just look lazy, and don't seem to wake up till late in the game, but the talent is

there, they can do it.

and of course chicago, who can ever think they won't do it, wonder if kane and toews are 'reallyi' 100%, we'll see, that was quite

a hit he took, and injury looked serious.

my choice is 'san jose'. 

San Jose, LA, Colorado or Chicago. Just so I can win the Playoff hockey pool!~! 

Seriously, I want Colorado. I like their play. They are a 52M salary team (only Dallas is close to them) in the playoffs. The rest of the teams are 20-30% higher. While I despise Roy as a person, as a player and coach, he was / is phenomenal. Add to that that Sakic is one of my favorite athletes of all time (met him several times), I go with them. 

Edited by Vanflyer