Call the dive

Old School Hockey

@Polaris922

No arguement.

But when he's on your team and scoring you look at them differently. (cough) Matt Cooke, James Neal (cough) I was going to throw Rinaldo in there, but he doesn't score.

I never look at them differently. I called for Cooke to change and Neal as well. It's that side of Neal that has me torn on trading him. If it weren't for that I'd never consider it!

@Polaris922

Sure. And if Marchand wasn't a scumbag you wouldn't think he was. Pens fans look at Neal as a goalscorer. Other teams fans look at him as a dirty player. He's both.

Most people think Cooke should be doing time.

Neal should've received a longer suspension for his last incident, but it looks like he's been told to grow up.

Cooke did well cleaning up his act until this playoffs. Sooner or later the league has to address him.

As for prison, I reserve that for Bertuzzi/McSorley types.

Yeah, I have to agree with hf101, as long as Plekanec/Subban/Briere are still playing,this thread should absolutely thrive. It is sickening to watch these refs continue to not call the dives perpetrated by the same individuals game after game. Are the refs not allowed to watch the tape and see just how bad they are being made fools of? There was a time when they actually had the ability to fine the divers and even suspend them after the fact. I remember it happening to Sean Avery(fined). In theory, it was supposed to embarrass the diver into stopping. Has that been removed from the CBA by the Actor's Guild or something?

There was a time when they actually had the ability to fine the divers and even suspend them after the fact. I remember it happening to Sean Avery(fined). In theory, it was supposed to embarrass the diver into stopping. Has that been removed from the CBA by the Actor's Guild or something?

Good question, I don't know the answer, but I have to say that bringing back fines after the game would be a great way to help end this embarrassment to the game.  Increasing the fines for repeat offenders would be a plus also.

Yeah, I have to agree with hf101, as long as Plekanec/Subban/Briere are still playing,this thread should absolutely thrive. It is sickening to watch these refs continue to not call the dives perpetrated by the same individuals game after game. Are the refs not allowed to watch the tape and see just how bad they are being made fools of? There was a time when they actually had the ability to fine the divers and even suspend them after the fact. I remember it happening to Sean Avery(fined). In theory, it was supposed to embarrass the diver into stopping. Has that been removed from the CBA by the Actor's Guild or something?

There is still something in the rules based on the last CBA that if a player gets 3 diving penalties, he receives a suspension of some sort.   I know this because, sigh, James Neal was almost at the limit this year, and was called for a dive when it was not a dive.  They postgame recinded the fact that it was a dive(not sure if in the official records is just says 2:00 for referee mistake) so that he did not face suspension. 

There is still something in the rules based on the last CBA that if a player gets 3 diving penalties, he receives a suspension of some sort.   I know this because, sigh, James Neal was almost at the limit this year, and was called for a dive when it was not a dive.  They postgame recinded the fact that it was a dive(not sure if in the official records is just says 2:00 for referee mistake) so that he did not face suspension. 

Ya, we get how the rules work when a Penguin is involved. :P

as long as Plekanec/Subban/Briere are still playing,this thread should absolutely thrive. It is sickening to watch these refs continue to not call the dives perpetrated by the same individuals game after game.

Well, 1 out of a thousand isn't bad........I roared with laughter last night when this got called, even if it did benefit the stinkin' Rangers

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/tomas-plekanec-s-embellishment-finally-gets-called-out-on-game-5-diving-penalty--video-021934726.html