Game 4 - Mason will start

brelic

:Yeah I hope he has a hat trick! :)

[edit: seriously that's good news - glad they didn't make us wait till tomorrow. He will help the Flyers' chances but the skaters have to do their part, especially early while he's finding his game again... Just don't give them an early lead, give Mason a chance to get a groove going.]

Edited by canoli
  • Like 1

Here is hoping that the team plays more confidently in front of him as they did when we first swapped him in for Bryzaster.  Otherwise it looks like I will save a lot of money on playoff tix again this year.

Edited by Poulin20

:Yeah I hope he has a hat trick! :)

[edit: seriously that's good news - glad they didn't make us wait till tomorrow. He will help the Flyers' chances but the skaters have to do their part, especially early while he's finding his game again... Just don't give them an early lead, give Mason a chance to get a groove going.]

I have to say, I really like the way Berube handles the goaltenders compared to Laviolette. Especially announcing the starter the day before a game.

I have to say, I really like the way Berube handles the goaltenders compared to Laviolette. Especially announcing the starter the day before a game.

He comes in and pitches a shutout i will shat the bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think this was to be expected right?  I am not pinning any hopes on Mason coming in and saving the day consdering he has been limited in practice and has yet to play in a game.   Watching this guy during interviews lately he is no glowing w/ confidence.   If he is 100% healthy he deserves to be in net.  Hoping he can turn it around and score a few too :D

We're down ONE game.

Yeah but it took 9 years for the first win in NY do they have 9 more years????

Giroux was held pointless in 13 straight of those....yikes not encouraging...but let get a win again in Philly first...

Edited by OccamsRazor

Yeah but it took 9 years for the first win in NY do they have 9 more years????

Giroux was held pointless in 13 straight of those....yikes not encouraging...but let get a win again in Philly first...

Nine? maybe three. Not nine.

But we don't have three years either.

Mason's our guy for the forseeable future (which is of an undetermined length in Philly, regardless of what the contract says). Getting him in playoff games with this team is important, win or lose.

Of course, Giroux guaranteed a win, so no problem, right? ;)

@OccamsRazor

Philly won Feb 20 2011 4-2 in NY. And Jan 16 2011 3-2. That's 9 in a row according to Flyers History.

That isn't counting these past 2 games in NY he was held pointless....eitherway 9 games 13 games it doesn't matter they have G's # or its in his head.

They said 13 the other night on the broadcast with Boucher asa guest...I assumed they knew what they were saying...I shouldn't expect the media to be right what I get for assuming. ;)

Edited by OccamsRazor