Flyers recall Laughton

hf101

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we care if Laughton burns a year of his ELC?

Hall kills penalties and is great on faceoffs. His FO% through 4 games in the playoffs is 57.8%. Only Giroux is better with 60.3%. Hall won an important faceoff in the flyers zone at the end of the game 4 last night.

Akeson had another great game last night. And he only played 8:47.

Rinaldo played 6:33, a little over two minutes less, and I barely noticed him...again. Rinaldo has been invisible these last four games. Maybe he's being cautious and not throwing the big hits because he doesn't want to get called for a penalty and put his team a man down, but if Zack's not hitting, he may as well not be playing.

If Laughton is in the lineup, I vote for Rinaldo to sit based on his performance so far this series.

I didn't say I did. I said I didn't want to play them both. The player I would have kept out didn't play.

I can't belive Flyer gave up a goal in back to back games to guys coming out of the penaly box, it seems Flyers would do more of that with as much experience they have with taking penalties...maybe Berube needs to start working on the breakout pass to the coming out of the box! ;)

Hall kills penalties and is great on faceoffs. His FO% through 4 games in the playoffs is 57.8%. Only Giroux is better with 60.3%. Hall won an important faceoff in the flyers zone at the end of the game 4 last night.

Akeson had another great game last night. And he only played 8:47.

Rinaldo played 6:33, a little over two minutes less, and I barely noticed him...again. Rinaldo has been invisible these last four games. Maybe he's being cautious and not throwing the big hits because he doesn't want to get called for a penalty and put his team a man down, but if Zack's not hitting, he may as well not be playing.

If Laughton is in the lineup, I vote for Rinaldo to sit based on his performance so far this series.

You didn't notice Zac cause he was sitting in the box....if only he could score when he got out but he has hands of stone...

You didn't notice Zac cause he was sitting in the box....if only he could score when he got out but he has hands of stone...

I'm pretty sure Rinaldo didn't commit any penalties in game 4. In fact, it looks like he only has two PIM this series. He got two minutes for slashing with three minutes left in game one when the flyers were already down 4-1 and the refs were calling everything to "keep the game under control."

He's been very tentative and cautious this series so far, I'd like to see the Rinaldo I saw during the regular season who hits everything with a pulse ...not like Richards/Carter/Upshall old city style but you know, out there on the ice.

Edited by HansonBros17

I'm pretty sure Rinaldo didn't commit any penalties in game 4. In fact, it looks like he only has two PIM this series. He got two minutes for slashing with three minutes left in game one when the flyers were already down 4-1 and the refs were calling everything to "keep the game under control."

He's been very tentative and cautious this series so far, I'd like to see the Rinaldo I saw during the regular season who hits everything with a pulse ...not like Richards/Carter/Upshall old city style but you know, out there on the ice.

Yeah i thought it was him in the box when Moore got out the penalty box and scored but it was Brayden...but still with someone with better hands on the 4th it would make the 4th stronger...i'd take Zac out and put Laughton in his spot.

This would be icing your 12 best forwards....sorry Zac isn't in that group....goon hockey is over it's playoffs.

Zac can fight with Jay over who is getting Homer popcorn!!!!!!!!

Yeah i thought it was him in the box when Moore got out the penalty box and scored but it was Brayden...but still with someone with better hands on the 4th it would make the 4th stronger...i'd take Zac out and put Laughton in his spot.

This would be icing your 12 best forwards....sorry Zac isn't in that group....goon hockey is over it's playoffs.

Zac can fight with Jay over who is getting Homer popcorn!!!!!!!!

I agree about Rinaldo sitting if Laughton were activated, that's why I said "If Laughton is in the lineup, I vote for Rinaldo to sit based on his performance so far this series," a few posts ago.

However, I disagree about goon hockey being over because it's the playoffs. If it is, someone forgot to tell Brent Seabrook, Matt Cooke, Antoine Roussel, Steve Ott, Ryan Garbutt (speared Corey Perry in the groin), Milan Lucic (slashed Danny DeKeyser in the groin).

If anything, play seems to have gotten nastier since the playoffs started, and our little ball of hate, Rinaldo, is Mr. Nice Guy all of a sudden. Maybe game 5 will be different.

Now time for Laughton. Sit Zac and Gill. I guess it will be Gus now. Sad. terrible game,,,wish they would sit Coburn he was the Rangers best weapon.

And i know Laughton ain't no savior but Zac aint' bringing anything....need to try somehting...

Edited by OccamsRazor

Zac actually carried the puck in and started a possession. Something I wish a few more expensive players would do.

Two of the best Flyers this series are Raffl and Akeson. Good for them, but sad. Voracek is really the only top six guy who is consistently showing up.

Zac actually carried the puck in and started a possession. Something I wish a few more expensive players would do.

Yeah but now is when you can see if Laughton can or cannot help when you 're at home and can dictate the matchups. Sit Zac. Rangers sat Carcillo time to put the pitbull in the box till needed. This team can still be physical without zac.

Move Hartnell off the first where to put him...that could be any line. Insert Raffl with G and Jake.

Raffl / Giroux / Jake

Hartnell / Schenn / Simmer

Read / Coots / Akeson

Laughton / Vinny / Hall

That is the best lineup i see.

Cobrun / Kimmo

Amac / Schenn

Sreit / Ollie.................why the hell not SIZE and he can skate. And he is 25 and it's time to see if he can contribute.

Ollie you could even put with Schenn whom he looked good last year playing with but i think.

Him and Streit at home would be a good start.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I like the forwards, but I'd flip G and Schenn. The D pairings, why not. Trying something is better than nothing when looking for different results.

You want to drop G to the 2nd line center then Schenn on the 1st???

Really don't know about that G just got his first goal of the series he nad Jake need the boat anchor on their opposite wing removed let someone else skate with the anchor...

Edited by OccamsRazor

You want to drop G to the 2nd line center then Schenn on the 1st???

Really don't know about that G just got his first goal of the series he nad Jake need the boat anchor on their opposite wing removed let someone else skate with the anchor...

I like the idea of Raffl with Giroux and Jake. I'd entertain Simmonds up there too. Hell, I'd put Akeson up there. Just get Hartnell away from them.

I like the idea of Raffl with Giroux and Jake. I'd entertain Simmonds up there too. Hell, I'd put Akeson up there. Just get Hartnell away from them.

I like that for next season, but now I want to create a little space for Giroux.

I like that for next season, but now I want to create a little space for Giroux.

That's why I kind of entertain the idea of Simmonds, but then I remember it hasn't exactly worked before. Do you dress Downie for that line? (I'm going to go shower now)

That's why I kind of entertain the idea of Simmonds, but then I remember it hasn't exactly worked before. Do you dress Downie for that line? (I'm going to go shower now)

No chance I dress Downie. The refs are calling any shoulder touch a hold against Philly, and Downie is the only bigger referee lightning rod than Rinaldo. The Flyers must stay out of the box to build/maintain momentum, which should yield a W.

No chance I dress Downie. The refs are calling any shoulder touch a hold against Philly, and Downie is the only bigger referee lightning rod than Rinaldo. The Flyers must stay out of the box to build/maintain momentum, which should yield a W.

I have to agree with that.

I was thinking that last night.

He has the pace to keep up and the skill to control the puck with them.  

I'd try him on the 1st line on Tuesday.  

I agree - get Giroux a different LWer. But for G6 I wouldn't change anything till after the 1st. Obviously not because "Hartnell deserves..." or anything like that. I just figure, go with the lineup that used to - seems like a long time ago - find ways to win big games.

What's the consensus on Laughton for Game 6? Yay or nay?

I say yay.

Raffl/G/Jake

Schenn/Laughton/Simmonds

Read/Couturier/Akeson

Hartnell/Vinny/Hall

I know, I know. Too many changes. But, can you honestly tell me that MORE time together after the ****show of the first 5 games will make any difference in this series?

"Time" together is not the issue here.

What's the consensus on Laughton for Game 6? Yay or nay?

I say yay.

Raffl/G/Jake

Schenn/Laughton/Simmonds

Read/Couturier/Akeson

Hartnell/Vinny/Hall

I know, I know. Too many changes. But, can you honestly tell me that MORE time together after the ****show of the first 5 games will make any difference in this series?

"Time" together is not the issue here.

There is no way in hell I'm putting a kid fresh out of juniors into the second line center position in a series deciding home game in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

If they keep playing the power play they way they have been - and given that the one of the greatest hockey minds Homer knows has been masterminding the PP for years, that seems likely - they are doomed regardless of if Laughton, VandeVelde, McGinn, Akeson, Lauridsen, Morin, Gotstobehere and Haag all line up for them.

They are so predictable on the PP that my GF - who is a newly minted hockey fan this season - can and has call their passes before they happen.

Imagine what an experienced NHL defenseman and an experienced NHL coach sees.

There is no way in hell I'm putting a kid fresh out of juniors into the second line center position in a series deciding home game in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Why not? Can it honestly be any worse than right now? That line is being completely dominated. Schenn is a no-show. Simmonds is a no-show. I mean, he skates fast and everything, but he's been ineffective. And the third person on that line I can't even name - is it Vinny? Is it Akeson? 

I wouldn't put Laughton out there with the expectation that he's some sort of panacea. I would put him there with the intention of getting him some real world playoff experience and to shake this team up a little bit. 

We honestly look like AHLers against the Rangers. It's midbogling.