Flyers recall Laughton

hf101

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we care if Laughton burns a year of his ELC?

I like Raffl too - he can't hurt the line more than Hartnell has. But it seems for every good effort he makes, none of the plays end up in the net or even as great chances. I've never seen so many "almost" plays from one guy before. Like he'll go 100 miles/hour, grab the loose puck, hang onto it while support arrives...and then dump it back to an empty point.

maybe that's not a good example but there's something "off" about his offense - it hardly ever turns into anything the opposition has to defend, it almost always just self-destructs.

I like Raffl too - he can't hurt the line more than Hartnell has. But it seems for every good effort he makes, none of the plays end up in the net or even as great chances. I've never seen so many "almost" plays from one guy before. Like he'll go 100 miles/hour, grab the loose puck, hang onto it while support arrives...and then dump it back to an empty point.

maybe that's not a good example but there's something "off" about his offense - it hardly ever turns into anything the opposition has to defend, it almost always just self-destructs.

It is thoresonitis.

I was okay with the VLC signing thinking he would be a good player for 3 of the 5 years of that contract, i had no idea he was as washed up as he's shown us this season.  I don't see where his presence is helpful to the team either the short or long term.

damn.

sucks to be that wrong.

Chief could protect that line, start them in the offensive zone, Simmonds plays 200 feet with good speed, so can Schenn, plus he'd be back to being a pivot, and they ****** maul people. 

for tonight i'd like to see a reunion of sorts. 

Raffl  G, Jake,  ;

Simmonds Schenn, Harts,; 

Read, Couturier Akeson ;

Hall , VLC, Rinaldo

I'm not sure it's time to give up on VLC already. It was not a good signing, I agree, but only in the sense that he never did really fit into our plans. It was just totally incongruent to bring him in and plan to play him on the wing when he's like... never done that.