Minny got JOBBED!

flyerrod

I can't believe how bad the NON-call for interference at the end of the 3rd period was that went uncalled. The Minny player had beaten the Aves guy to the point where he had his hand off the stick tackling the guy to keep him from getting to the puck which prevented an empty net goal.. Combine that with the fact that Col scored as a direct result (On what looked like they were off sides to boot). How does a referee make that many egregious errors and still keep his job? Some people will say it was a make up call for the ice shower Landeskog gave the Minny tender which though it is often not called but when it was blatant or late it has been. If the refs from that game are trying to ensure they are done working for the rest of the playoffs, I think they might succeed. I sure hope they do anyhow. If I am the coach for Minny, I tell my boss get ready to pay the fine because I am going to hammer these incompetent tools in stripes.

• Like 1

Wretched brutal officiating. I am not one to complain about the officiating as a rule, the Wings got no favors from the refs yesterday in Boston but it is part of the game. But this. Ugh.

Coyle was mugged. No call. The direct result was a breakaway for the Avalanche and Stastny was CLEARLY offside and no call. Parenteau scored a nice goal but two different things, the non call on the hold on Charlie Coyle and the clear offside on Stastny led to it. Absolutely brutal. Most of the time I say meh, you still have to play bad officiating or not but this clearly and plainly resulted in a goal for Colorado which tied the game.

True, Minnesota still could have won the game. But it should have never been tied in the first place.

• Like 1

I liked the no-call there. End of a PO game, final minutes... Some things you have to call no matter what but puck-possession battles - I say let them fight it out.

I ask myself, "what if that was Giroux?" and honestly I'd want to see Giroux fight that off and hold onto the puck.

Woke up with the same chip on my shoulder I went to bed with.  As I said in the shoutbox I can't believe the refs didn't call the holding call.  But then if your going to not blow the whistle,  get the off - sides call correct.  All goals are to be reviewed - how did Toronto not see the off sides?  

I'm with you Rod, I'd pay the fine in protest just to state the truth.

BmM5HnxIIAA2vh9.jpg

@hf101

They review all goals but just the goals (was it kicked in, high sticked, did it cross the line, etc.)

The offsides, whether they saw it or not, isn't in their purview.

Minny got screwed all the way around on that sequence. I don't know how a coach, GM, or even player keeps their mouths shut and doesn't get themselves fined over such a blatant butcher job.

The offsides, whether they saw it or not, isn't in their purview.

Maybe I'm imagining that I read something, but I thought after the Colorado goal by Duschene the league talked about checking plays are onside for goals scored.  Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the review was expanded this spring.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416368

Maybe I'm imagining that I read something, but I thought after the Colorado goal by Duschene the league talked about checking plays are onside for goals scored. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the review was expanded this spring.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416368

Hmm missed that discussion. Could be.

Those final non calls were just the nail in the coffin.

I watched the game from start to finish and Colorado got away with a TON throughout the game.

Everything from hacking, spearing and crosschecking on Granlund and Koivu to various interference calls.

I was getting a bit perturbed with Minnesota for NOT retaliating, but I understood they were trying not to get matching penalties on stuff...didn't matter. Refs either let the plays go or called MINNESOTA players on stuff.

Absolute garbage.

And then, when the Wild did crank things up a bit and gave the Avs some of their own nonsense, guys like Gabriel Landeskog get absolutely incensed that Wild players would do such things.

I expect Cro-Magnons like Cody McCleod and Patrick Bordeleau to go around trying to turn hockey games into roller derby/free-for-all events, but when skill players like Landeskog follow suit, well, someone on Minnesota needed to put the young captain on his ass, and put him down hard. 

Nate Mackinnon was unbelievable...but even he on an occasion or two took extra liberties on Wild players (and some in retaliation of CLEAN hits) that weren't called.....hitting guys that didn't have the puck, even going a bit high with some of his counter checks, etc.

As tough as it would have been dealing with the Wild losing straight up, I could have dealt with that, then looked ahead to Game 6.

But losing this way just really irritates the hell out of me.

And yea...I don't care what anyone says, ANY team's fanbase that would have had their team treated the way Minnesota was this game would be absolutely livid about it...bar NONE..

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 2

Those final non calls were just the nail in the coffin.

I watched the game from start to finish and Colorado got away with a TON throughout the game.

Everything from hacking, spearing and crosschecking on Granlund and Koivu to various interference calls.

I was getting a bit perturbed with Minnesota for NOT retaliating, but I understood they were trying not to get matching penalties on stuff...didn't matter. Refs either let the plays go or called MINNESOTA players on stuff.

Absolute garbage.

And then, when the Wild did crank things up a bit and gave the Avs some of their own nonsense, guys like Gabriel Landeskog get absolutely incensed that Wild players would do such things.

I expect Cro-Magnons like Cody McCleod and Patrick Bordeleau to go around trying to turn hockey games into roller derby/free-for-all events, but when skill players like Landeskog follow suit, well, someone on Minnesota needed to put the young captain on his ass, and put him down hard.

Nate Mackinnon was unbelievable...but even he on an occasion or two took extra liberties on Wild players (and some in retaliation of CLEAN hits) that weren't called.....hitting guys that didn't have the puck, even going a bit high with some of his counter checks, etc.

As tough as it would have been dealing with the Wild losing straight up, I could have dealt with that, then looked ahead to Game 6.

But losing this way just really irritates the hell out of me.

And yea...I don't care what anyone says, ANY team's fanbase that would have had their team treated the way Minnesota was this game would be absolutely livid about it...bar NONE..

Are you kidding? If it were Philly there would be a flood due to the dam effect caused by all the bodies in the Delaware River under the bridge

eh don't believe me but I hate PPs in the last few minutes. In the POs I hate it times 10. PPs are such a huge advantage, handing them out at the end of a close game just sucks. PPs in OT make me crazy the same way.

Unless it's a one-way penalty.... a HS, TMM, DOG, a trip on an odd-man or a breakaway. Battling for the puck? Sorry but when it comes position or the puck - if you're not cheating you're not trying.

If I was a Wild fan I'd be more upset about the missed offside. That linesman has one job to do there, make sure the play is on-side. Hard to blame him since it's like a fraction of an inch off - but that bugs me more than Coyle getting out-muscled and spun around.

Woke up with the same chip on my shoulder I went to bed with.  As I said in the shoutbox I can't believe the refs didn't call the holding call.  But then if your going to not blow the whistle,  get the off - sides call correct.  All goals are to be reviewed - how did Toronto not see the off sides?  

BmM5HnxIIAA2vh9.jpg

Since you were so kind to provide the "photo finish", I will be so kind as to provide you the rule: Rule 83 - Off-side

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.

The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.

By the letter of the law, this was not offsides.  

Woke up with the same chip on my shoulder I went to bed with. As I said in the shoutbox I can't believe the refs didn't call the holding call. But then if your going to not blow the whistle, get the off - sides call correct. All goals are to be reviewed - how did Toronto not see the off sides?

BmM5HnxIIAA2vh9.jpg

That picture doesn't look so bad really. The puck is coearly ahead of Stastny's trailing skate. show me the puck a hair across the line and we can judge it.

As for the officiating, I disagree about the "mugging". The players battle for position all the time and that stuff gets let go a LOT all game. Can't start calling it just because of the clock.

Wasn't Parenteau denied a goal In game 2 on an "offside" that really wasn't offsides? And didn't Landeskog get penalized for spraying ice over Kuemper's shoulder? And Cooke got a two minute penalty instead of the deserved five?

Yeah officiating in this playoff season has been horrible, but it hasn't been hammering just one team in this series, its hammered them both. The offide complaint? Questionable at best as the puck is ahead of Stastny's trailing skate. The mugging? Absolutely not.