Here's the crazy thing...

brelic

Well, the Rangers are. As is Boston. If a well rounded squad of capable - but - unspectacular players all buy into a solid game plan, and the coach keeps that game plan current as regards their current opponent... game breaking forwards aren't needed. In fact, I'd say they can make things tougher, as they can be hard to keep on script. Look at how long it took St Louis to get in board.

We'll see how it goes tonight, but the Flyers have some thinking to do, and I don't think it is all about roster issues, exactly.

the bruins are loaded with talent. and they have chara. and they play within their system.

the flyers cant match the talent the bruins have.

as for the Rangers, i think we would all agree that the Rangers blueline is far superior to that of the Flyers. i am amazed that we are still in this series. if our goaltenders didn't steal us 2 games, we'd be arguing about draft prospects right now.

Has anyone noticed how utterly emotionless this Flyers / Rangers series has been? Unusually so given the two teams involved? This is a rival series in hockey and it's being played more polite than an intramural Catholic school volley ball game.

I was actually thinking that I was shocked at how chippy the game was - don't usually see so many scraps in a playoff game.

I was actually thinking that I was shocked at how chippy the game was - don't usually see so many scraps in a playoff game.

Not for nothing, but a Flyers/Pens series would be a lot more entertaining and scrappy than a Rangers/Pens, I think.

Let's make it so!!

• Like 1

I hate the Pens (duh), but deep down I hate the Rangers more.

Take Crosby out of the equation and the hate for Pittsburgh lessens a bit. (I know, that'll be a while.)

I just hate NY more.

. . . and last time the Flyers beat the Rangers in a game #7 we went on to win the Stanley Cup!  Just saying.

Edited by AndyS

I hope Berube's approach pays off. Last night it seemed obvious he was sending Rinaldo and comapnay out more frequently to pound on the Rangers, in an attempt to have them fatigued tonight. I also think the "chippiness" was a by product of the Flyers have room to breathe on the scoreboard. They were less concerned about taking a costly penalty and they played more physical. That resulted in the Rangers backing off, the emotions getting raised and the Flyers able to take liberties. Oh, and Giroux wasn't pushed around as much

I agree. Just in case, though, this was posted before last night's game and based on the gentleman's horseshoe match of the first five