Norris Finalists

J0e Th0rnton

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take it?

• Weber
    • Keith
    • Chara

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=716866&navid=nhl:topheads

Norris finalists announced today. Who takes it and why?

I am leaning towards Duncan Keith. Excellent on both ends of the ice and highest point total of the 3. Arguably as good defensively as Chara.

Weber's points and play have been great, but how often does a defenseman whose team did not make the playoffs win the Norris? Has it ever happened? Weber has points in between the two other finalists and is only -2 on a bad hockey team, and he lead his team in scoring.

Chara is outstanding as usual, but not as outstanding as previous years. A 21 point lead by Duncan Keith and similar +/- on the best defensive team in Hockey.

I am of the opinion that Chara has lost a step , i've seen him get burnt a few too many times this season.

I agree with you about Weber, sure he's great but his team was not and the difference between him and Keith doesn't make up for the teams poor record.

I agree that of that group Keith should win.

I posted in mine which was going up the same time as yours that Chara is a joke on this list, East coast bias (something that you certainly understand Joe, lol) or laziness by the people who make the list are the only two reasons I can see Chara here.

I do not see how anyone could possibly take either Chara or Weber over Pietrangelo, no way no how. Keith, sure he actually gets my vote but IMHO Pietrangelo was clearly the second best in the league this year behind Keith.

Ahead of Chara, IMHO in no particular order:

Keith, Weber, Krug (possibly), Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Kronwall, McDonough, Karlsson, Hedman, Suter, Doughty,OEL and Giordano. Of this list, MAYBE you could make a case for ranking Chara this year ahead of a couple tops. Around the tenth, eleventh best d-man in the game. Boston bias pure and simple.

I posted in mine which was going up the same time as yours that Chara is a joke on this list, East coast bias (something that you certainly understand Joe, lol) or laziness by the people who make the list are the only two reasons I can see Chara here.

I do not see how anyone could possibly take either Chara or Weber over Pietrangelo, no way no how. Keith, sure he actually gets my vote but IMHO Pietrangelo was clearly the second best in the league this year behind Keith.

Ahead of Chara, IMHO in no particular order:

Keith, Weber, Krug (possibly), Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Kronwall, McDonough, Karlsson, Hedman, Suter, Doughty,OEL and Giordano. Of this list, MAYBE you could make a case for ranking Chara this year ahead of a couple tops. Around the tenth, eleventh best d-man in the game. Boston bias pure and simple.

You nailed it there. Chara is only effective because of his size and at times his antics are borderline beer league. Keith is the only player among the three that is the complete package. Pietrangelo needs to be on this list. Hands down the second best defenseman in the league behind Keith. This is Chara's last run for a Norris and it will fall short. He has burned himself out by playing long minutes deep into the playoffs over the past few years. 

Agree 100%. Keith gets it, but Peitrangelo 2nd. I am not even sure about weber as a 3rd. Love the player, but for the money and performance. I don't know. I don't have Chara in the running of top three (anymore).