A new GM

CoachX

I find it interesting that GM's in other sports, who are young and fresh, seem to be able to put together championship winning franchises.The Flyers, of course, do not pay attention to such things and continue to hire ex-Flyers to that position. I am not in the camp that is "anti-Homer". In fact, I often supported him and thought he did a good job. However, after watching this season, I think the franchise would have a better shot if they moved on from him. I simply think he has had long enough in this position, and has not obtained the desired results. Its time for a fresh new face, with a different mind set and understanding of today's game and players. The Flyers antiquated thinking has kept them from exceling past a certain point (minus a few anomolies). 

I still remember BC sitting at the podium, saying he was burnt out and taking blame for the results. I don't think it should wait that long again. Holmgren has given it a good shot and came up short of the mark.

Its time for a change

I find it interesting that GM's in other sports, who are young and fresh, seem to be able to put together championship winning franchises.The Flyers, of course, do not pay attention to such things and continue to hire ex-Flyers to that position. I am not in the camp that is "anti-Homer". In fact, I often supported him and thought he did a good job. However, after watching this season, I think the franchise would have a better shot if they moved on from him. I simply think he has had long enough in this position, and has not obtained the desired results. Its time for a fresh new face, with a different mind set and understanding of today's game and players. The Flyers antiquated thinking has kept them from exceling past a certain point (minus a few anomolies). 

I still remember BC sitting at the podium, saying he was burnt out and taking blame for the results. I don't think it should wait that long again. Holmgren has given it a good shot and came up short of the mark.

Its time for a change

I think Homer is going to resign after this season. They didn't bring Hextall in just serve Clarkie popcorn.

I think Homer is going to resign after this season. They didn't bring Hextall in just serve Clarkie popcorn.

That's funny I was just thinking the same the thing the other day. I wouldn't be surprised if Homer retires or moves into a different roll with the team.