Game 1 vs. Flyers/Rangers - Friday

B21

3 games in 4 nights for the Flyers/Rangers winner.  Let's hope the Pens use that to their advantage.

Cue the "NHL loves the Pens" rants in 3...2...1.... :rolleyes:

(An Arena League game is set for Saturday otherwise the series would likely start then.  I don't see Sunday being an option with the Bruins and Habs set to kick off Thursday.  Can't have one series starting 3 days after another when the series winners will be playing each other.)

The Pittsburgh Penguins’ quarterfinal matchup between either the New York Rangers or Philadelphia Flyers is reportedly set to start on Friday at the CONSOL Energy Center – according to John Shannon of HockeyCentral on Sportsnet.

Pittsburgh was able to wrap up their first-round series on Monday with a 4-3 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets, and will find out Wednesday night who they’ll draw in the second-round.

"Can confirm both Flyers and Rangers have been told they get 48 hrs to prepare for G1 vs Pens. It goes Friday."

— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) April 30, 2014

This will also give almost a week’s worth of time to heal Brandon Sutter and Joe Vitale, who both left Monday’s game with separate injuries – barring the severity of each ailments.

Due to the Flyers/Rangers’ series going the distance (seven games), being able to pull away with a Game 1 win is as important as ever for Pittsburgh. Playing at home, the Pens need to make a statement right from the start, and show that every error made in round one has been corrected.

The start time for Game 1 has yet to be determined.

Cue the "NHL loves the Pens" rants in 3...2...1....

I don't see how any reasonable person could have beef with when the series starts.

The Pens took care of business in 6... I will say that there have been too many days between games in the Flyers Rangers series I think there were 3 games with 2 days in between...that was/is a little weird especially since game 6, and 7 require back to backs. were the ice capades in town  or a concert at MSG ?

I don't see how any reasonable person could have beef with when the series starts.

The Pens took care of business in 6... I will say that there have been too many days between games in the Flyers Rangers series I think there were 3 games with 2 days in between...that was/is a little weird especially since game 6, and 7 require back to backs. were the ice capades in town  or a concert at MSG ?

Key word being reasonable;)

Come ONNNNNNNN Flyers.  I'm rooting for a Flyers/Pens matchup in round 2.   Not because I think that it benefits the Pens in any way, but the sheer animosity between the two teams would come out at the drop of the opening faceoff in Game 1 and continue throughout the series.   THAT is what playoff hockey is about, surviving series like this.

Come ONNNNNNNN Flyers.  I'm rooting for a Flyers/Pens matchup in round 2.   Not because I think that it benefits the Pens in any way, but the sheer animosity between the two teams would come out at the drop of the opening faceoff in Game 1 and continue throughout the series.   THAT is what playoff hockey is about, surviving series like this.

Their can be plenty of animosity next season.  I want the path of least resistance and that is the NY Rangers.  It's purely mental with the Pens.  They will figure out the Flyers at some point.  The playoffs isn't the place to try. ;)

Their can be plenty of animosity next season.  I want the path of least resistance and that is the NY Rangers.  It's purely mental with the Pens.  They will figure out the Flyers at some point.  The playoffs isn't the place to try. ;)

Sissy.   :P

Well, you got your wish.  And frankly, I think your team should have a relatively easy time with the Rangers.  Good luck!

Well, you got your wish.  And frankly, I think your team should have a relatively easy time with the Rangers.  Good luck!

Thanks! (Knock on wood.)

FWIW - It's not that I think the Pens will beat the Rangers.  Just a better match up.