DISGUSTING

Game 7 your goalies have stolen 3 games to get you here and you play the worst period of hockey in your adult life. Shame on you all. What a bunch of freakin babies. Grow up and at least compete. Move your freaking feet. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Wrong or right it has everything to do with compete. This team is lazy, they do not move their feet without the puck. They are on the wrong side of the puck more often than not and they spend way too much time reaching with one hand on the stick. Simple basic freaking hockey.

VLC was  horrible pick up this offseason. He sucked all year and this playoff series he was freaking non existent please do us all a favor and leave and retire your washed up.

Schenn brothers I can't stand after every whistle or blown play by one of them you see that stupid ass blank stare on there faces trade them off PLEASE.

Timo to me had a very bad playoffs he was great and its time to retire my friend we really love what you have done for us. Even if we could get you back for a lot cheaper then your contract is now I would not sign him.

Grossman needs to go to slow not the player we need on the blue line

Streit same as Grossman

Mcdonald, Coburn and Gusty are the only ones I would keep on the defense.

Hartnell I love you man but you need to be traded we badly need more speed up front your a great guy and great plyer but you are not what we need right now.

Downie yeah needs to go

Gill same as Downie

Please get some speed and skill on both sides of the ice. I am so FCKING LIVID right now just a no show for majority of the series. When they did show up they were kicking ass but you know what are ya gona do. Until next year fellas DAMN IM PISSED!!!

Wrong or right it has everything to do with compete. This team is lazy, they do not move their feet without the puck. They are on the wrong side of the puck more often than not and they spend way too much time reaching with one hand on the stick. Simple basic freaking hockey.

Agreed, and the third showed the difference. I want answers from Hartnell, Read, Giroux, B Schenn, and Lecavalier. That many guys can't go MIA at once, especially over a series.

Berube is the right coach. That I'm pretty sure of. And both goalies played well (said no Flyers fan, ever).

Mason, lights out. The forwards really really let him down.

Hang in there guys. Your boys overcame a brutal start to the season and gave it there all. I know it is tough (wings fan) to be going home early but lots to build on here.

• Like 1

The biggest problem is we break out standing still without any fluidity, pucks in skates, taking passes off the boards on the backhand constantly backtracking to restart the rush. The Rangers move out with speed and precision, 1 2 3. We need a few more skill guys up front, and more than anything we need 2 skilled young defensemen who can ,skate, shoot and play defense like McDonough does for the Rangers

• Like 1

I've been in favor of patience and building a young team.

However, this is a poorly constructed young team.  There is little upside in any of these players.

A new GM is needed and perhaps the team needs to be blown up yet again.

Coots stops the other guys from scoring is our best defensive forward and is more valuable than you can ever imagine. He shut down Malkin so many times. Somebody has to play that role,it can't all be run and gun. If we were offered a real good young defenseman for him, you may have to think about it and have Laughton assume his role.

• Like 2

my point about Courtier is not to give him away for less than full value

but do not treat him as an untouchable.

You can always find a shut down 3rd line center

this team needs another stud center

and wingers with skill.  They have nothing besides Vorachek

I agree we need more skill on wing, but more than anything we need defense . So if I was to trade Coots it would have to be for a young skilled defensemen.

Careful with that. That is the logic your GM used to land Schenn for JVR.

I don't think Couts is the problem. Voracek and to a lesser extent Simmonds are about it on the wing, I know Hartnell once he woke up played solid down the stretch but he is getting up there. Personally, I would keep Couts and go add a player like Vrbata in free agency who I think would excel with Giroux dishing him the puck. As far as defense, for better or worse you are stuck with Steit and McDonald is really sound, rather than a center I might dangle Simmonds for a top pair d-man, a Yandle possibly. He is certain to be on the market with OEL breaking thru in Phoenix. He would bring skill and a hell of a nice shot from the point.

How could you even think about dealing Simmonds? He is the only physical power winger we have, I won't count Hartnell cause he's on a downward slope of his career. Simmonds is also the key to our PP up front as much as Giroux is.We have a surplus of centers,we are stuck with VLC and Laughton is on the way. You deal from your excess and from your strength, you do not deal from a thin position and weaken it, in order to strengthen another area. So if anyone is traded for defense,it will have to be one of the centers.

• Like 1

Personally, I would keep Couts and go add a player like Vrbata in free agency who I think would excel with Giroux dishing him the puck

I was thinking Hemsky but i like Vrbata too.

We need a front line who understand that shots on goal have a higher value than pretty passes.

We need a defense that is quick enough to take some chances and hit some people ( and yes, play like flyers ).  To say this D was too soft would be the understatement of the year.

Chief did ok but I would have called time after the second goal and kicked some a$$.

Other than that... I feel we finished one game better that I would have predicted.... ( I thought it would be NY in 6 ).

My one big question.... why the heck didn't we tank a few games to start off with the Pens.  That would have got us into the second round.

We need a defense that is quick enough to take some chances and hit some people ( and yes, play like flyers ).  To say this D was too soft would be the understatement of the year.

Well now expalins why Flyers handed McDonald so much money now game #6 he played the most minutes(24) of anyone then game #7 2nd most  (23). That is one of the prolems right there he is not a #1 or even #2...#3 might even be stretching it #4 ok. So his minutes need to be cut back to 18-20 minutes.

Coburn should be traded in a package for Ekblad and hit the rest on him. Kimmo i'd bring back for 3-4 mill and Grossmann traded to if you can.

my point about Courtier is not to give him away for less than full value

but do not treat him as an untouchable.

You can always find a shut down 3rd line center

this team needs another stud center

and wingers with skill.  They have nothing besides Vorachek

i completely agree with what you are posting.

i have been posting how overvalued our youth is, especially B Schenn. Schenn has no upside. There are at least 40 players his age - or younger - who I would rather have. The fact that he's our second line center kills us -  it puts too much pressure on our top line, which, as i have been posting, is really only 2/3 of a top line.

no one is untouchable! Size,speed and kill needed. The third and fourth lines as well as third to six d/men are as important as one and two's. Trade partner should be sharks,oilers,coyotes and jets.

i have been posting how overvalued our youth is, especially B Schenn. Schenn has no upside.

who of "our youth" is overvalued? Couturier? He's about the only roster player who's 21 and imo he's not overvalued at all. He's under-used offensively; the Flyers seem content to let him be a shutdown forward and I know he's got more than that.

There's 2 guys who are 23 - Akeson and Rinaldo, you mean them? After them - besides BSchenn - "our youth" doesn't really apply.

Anyway I'm (mostly) on board with what you said about Schenn. I've been crabbing all year about him, saying how he's not impressing anyone...nobody is afraid of him in the league...he's not a "weapon" on the ice except once in a blue moon. (no blue moons the past 2 weeks obviously)

All year folks said "be patient canoli" and they were right. It would be stupid to - whoops, sorry (!) it would be silly to say "he has no upside." The guy is 22 years old; his upside is still in front of him. But - and this is probably why you're fed up with him too - the fact is everybody said he was "The Best Player Not In The NHL" a few years ago. Remember? He was supposed to easily surpass Voracek and Simmonds in those trades*. Those 2 were "great we got a couple role players too" and BSchenn was the Star, the guy we *really* traded for.

He hasn't come close to living up to the build up. Maybe the expectations were off but a few flashes here and there don't describe a diamond-in-the-rough. For 7 games against the Rangers he was all but invisible - certainly not the only one but he really turned in a DUD of a series.

Still I'd like to keep him - if possible - for 1 more season. He may very well be a late bloomer - and if he is it'll be Justin Williams, Patrick Sharpe all over again.

[edit: * i realize i lumped the 2 trades together...seems fair to do in context]

Edited by canoli

This team is lazy, they do not move their feet without the puck. They are on the wrong side of the puck more often than not and they spend way too much time reaching with one hand on the stick. Simple basic freaking hockey.

been that way since the last 10 games of the season. talk about mailing it in. 

The pens can coast and win a series, the flyers coast and lose. 

He hasn't come close to living up to the build up. Maybe the expectations were off but a few flashes here and there don't describe a diamond-in-the-rough. For 7 games against the Rangers he was all but invisible - certainly not the only one but he really turned in a DUD of a series.

Yup. His brother was a shining star. Go figure.