Players I never want to see again in Orange & Black

Hartnell

Lecavalier

Rinaldo

Timonen

Coburn

Gill

Rosehill

Now that we have a goalie, the defense needs an overhaul. I love Kimmo but it's time to go. Hopeful benched VLC in the 3rd period of a game 7 will motivate him to want out. Try to sweet talk Hartnell into taking a trade anywhere. EDM wants Coburn, they can have him. No place for Gill or Rosehill on this team and Rinaldo will never be able to play in control.

I love Kimmo but it's time to go.

I agree with that list. But the one i think i'd ok back at a less price is Kimmo. I mean i'll gibe him the benefit he has had to skate with the dumbest player on the team (a hint he's on your list) pretty much since he's been here so i'll let just him slide. Everyone else you heard him out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

Hartnell, Coburn, and Downie can all go. I also think we can do better than Timonen at this point, same with Lecavalier. Kimmo is the consummate professional and solid but his skills are declining.

Everyone breathe. You lost in game 7 by one goal. The Flyers organization shouldn't and probably won't start a fire sale because of a loss like this. If this happens next year, then I'd say it's a yard sale. Just breathe.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn.......G TFO!!!!!!!!!!

Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn.......G TFO!!!!!!!!!!

i see a pattern

Everyone breathe. You lost in game 7 by one goal. The Flyers organization shouldn't and probably won't start a fire sale because of a loss like this. If this happens next year, then I'd say it's a yard sale. Just breathe.  :rolleyes:

thank you for a dose of sanity - and reality...

That would be a great list in a perfect, no cap / no clause world. As it is I would keep Coburn, Hartnell and Rinaldo.

Keep Hartnell but bump him down a line or 2. He was useless all year with G/Jake but he's not going anywhere so try Simmonds-BSchenn-Hartnell. That could really work. It'd be a tough line to play against....as long as BSchenn starts "bringing it" more often than he does now. Otherwise it won't matter who's out there with him.

Coburn is a keeper. He was tonight's GOAT but his bad games are few and far between. He didn't have a good series - so add his name to a long list of Flyers who "struggled" (i.e, "sucked") against the Rangers. But generally Coburn is a solid defender who does a lot of good on the Flyers' blue line. He's also got a very reasonable cap hit. I don't mind trading him if the return is right, but to do it for picks, or if we take on somebody's "project" just to move him ...that would be a mistake imo.

I like what Zac brings to the Flyers. He's a solid 4th liner who can kill penalties, all for a tiny fraction of the cap. He's one of the only big hitters the Flyers have and his hits take a toll. Once in while he does something dumb but his teammates love him and nobody likes playing against him. He's learned a lot in 2 short years, he'll be better next year. I say keep him.

VLC - we can only hope his surgery list is extensive whenever it's announced...

• Like 1

Everyone breathe. You lost in game 7 by one goal. The Flyers organization shouldn't and probably won't start a fire sale because of a loss like this. If this happens next year, then I'd say it's a yard sale. Just breathe. 

Its not that we lost, its how we lost. That is my lament. I don't care about losing if they play to potential / effort. 50 shots in the first three games does not cut it. 

I would add Downie to that list

I didnt add Downie because;

a) I actually forgot about him since he has been hurt most of his time here this year

b) he's an UFA

If for no other reason than the signing of VLC.

Maybe Snider was behind the VLC signing like he was with Bryzgalov? "Pay no attention to the 80 year old man wearing a leather jacket behind the curtain".

Edited by Samifan

VLC is number 1 on my list. He played 8:45 last night, more than only Zac and Hall. He brings no value to this team. They bought high and I don't care how low they have to sell, they need to sell (or donate).

Outside of that, I would get rid of one defenseman. They were all pretty bad in the series, but I would get rid of Luke or Grossmann and replace them with one of our young guys or a middling mobile defender.

The good news is we have a goalie! A real one!

• Like 1

Keep Hartnell but bump him down a line or 2. He was useless all year with G/Jake but he's not going anywhere so try Simmonds-BSchenn-Hartnell. That could really work. It'd be a tough line to play against....as long as BSchenn starts "bringing it" more often than he does now. Otherwise it won't matter who's out there with him.

Coburn is a keeper. He was tonight's GOAT but his bad games are few and far between. He didn't have a good series - so add his name to a long list of Flyers who "struggled" (i.e, "sucked") against the Rangers. But generally Coburn is a solid defender who does a lot of good on the Flyers' blue line. He's also got a very reasonable cap hit. I don't mind trading him if the return is right, but to do it for picks, or if we take on somebody's "project" just to move him ...that would be a mistake imo.

I like what Zac brings to the Flyers. He's a solid 4th liner who can kill penalties, all for a tiny fraction of the cap. He's one of the only big hitters the Flyers have and his hits take a toll. Once in while he does something dumb but his teammates love him and nobody likes playing against him. He's learned a lot in 2 short years, he'll be better next year. I say keep him.

VLC - we can only hope his surgery list is extensive whenever it's announced...

I agree that Coburn is a keeper.  I'm not sure why people get so down on him.  Yes he makes bonehead plays sometimes but most of the time you don't even notice him (which is a good thing for a dman as you well know).

Hartnell.  He doesn't deserve his salary, NTC or being on the first line.   All that being said, none of those are his fault.  Thanks to Homer, he will be here for a long time and they need to find a spot for him.  I agree that the second line should be Hartnell - B.Schenn - Simmonds but only until a younger more talented replacement for Scott is found.  He's on his way down. 

Zac - To me a dime-a-dozen player.  Don't care either way.

VLC - Stupid signing.  That alone should get Homer fired.

I never want to see that Giroux kid in orange and black again. Seriously, what a bum. He needs to be moved to Toronto immediately.

WE FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART  HOMER NEEDS TO GO

Leafs offer you Nonis for Homer. We need a GM with balls, and Homer's got it. Then, once he completely changes the face of the Leafs, we'll fire his ass. Shake on it?

Vinny signing doesn't look too good right now, but maybe you can bring Marty St. Louis over?

Scotty Hartnell looks like he's forgotten how to do the whole hockey thing, I'm sad to say. Hopefully he can bounce back, but yikes. I'm no expert - was this just a bad year for him, or has he been slowly fading?

Edited by Commander Clueless
  • Like 1

VLC - Stupid signing. That alone should get Homer fired.

If stupid signings were enough to get Homer fired... oh, screw it...

They're paying Bryzgalov $1.643M a year for the next 13 years.

• Like 1

I agree that Coburn is a keeper.  I'm not sure why people get so down on him.  Yes he makes bonehead plays sometimes but most of the time you don't even notice him (which is a good thing for a dman as you well know).

Coburn is far and away the team's best defensive d-man. Lots of teams would love to have him, you don't trade a guy like that unless you have good defenseman growing on trees somewhere, which the Flyers obviously don't have. Personally I thought he should have gotten the Ashbee this year, he was arguably the best d-man on the team over the course of the season.

• Like 1