Players I never want to see again in Orange & Black

I wish Zac was a better hockey player...he has terrible hands , cannot take a pass on the move to save his life and that kills the usefulness of his foot speed.

I don't care either way about him, he doesn't hurt vs the cap , but he's not good enough for me to get worked up over if he is not retained. He's never going to turn into a Boston type forth line guy, like Sean Thorton, and isn't close to Marchand's skill level...

I wish he (Zac) could / would bring more than "he hits"

I'm ready for the VLC era to end, same with Steve Downie.

• Like 1

No ones going to miss Coburn until he's in tampa playing with Carle

Could not agree more... losing Coburn would hurt this Team bad.  

Rinaldo, I like his grit and all but you can find more skill out there... the only thing he has going for him is his speed which this Team needs.  I am with mojo on this one and I honestly could take or leave him.  Having more skill on the 4th line would be nice b/c right now Zac does not bring skill with his game.

Downie I hope moves into the woods somewhere and is never heard from again.  

Edited by murraycraven

I don't get the Coburn hate. Is he an awesome #1? Hell no. Did he cost us a high 1st rounder? Hell no. Is he paid way more than any other defenceman on the team. Hell no. Sure it's frustrating that a guy that big who can skate the way he does isn't an offensive dynamo. But if he was playing the role he should be, he'd be just fine.

Get rid of him and our D gets much worse.

• Like 4

I don't get the Coburn hate. Is he an awesome #1? Hell no. Did he cost us a high 1st rounder? Hell no. Is he paid way more than any other defenceman on the team. Hell no. Sure it's frustrating that a guy that big who can skate the way he does isn't an offensive dynamo. But if he was playing the role he should be, he'd be just fine.

Get rid of him and our D gets much worse.

I dont get it either FC...   makes me think people are complaining about Coburn just to complain.  You take Coburn out of this lineup and the defense is even crappier than it is now.  He is paid failry, plays big minutes, great skater and if anyone thinks he is a # 1 they need their head examined.   Haters gonna hate!

• Like 1

I dont get it either FC...   makes me think people are complaining about Coburn just to complain.  You take Coburn out of this lineup and the defense is even crappier than it is now.  He is paid failry, plays big minutes, great skater and if anyone thinks he is a # 1 they need their head examined.   Haters gonna hate!

He was terrible in the Rangers series. Speed and puck pressure really expose his decision-making. He becomesvery hesitant.

That being said, I do think he's our best defender. He plays big minutes, hard minutes, and generally acquits himself well in that role. He's a quiet defender, if that makes any sense. 

• Like 2

He was terrible in the Rangers series. Speed and puck pressure really expose his decision-making. He becomesvery hesitant.

That being said, I do think he's our best defender. He plays big minutes, hard minutes, and generally acquits himself well in that role. He's a quiet defender, if that makes any sense. 

I agree he was pretty rough in the Rangers series but I thought our new 5M dollar dman was just as bad if not worse.   There are a lot of things to complain about on this Team but I dont get the all out hatred for Coburn.  He is being forced into a position (minutes) that really should not be his role on the Team.  

Most of the team was terrible against the Rangers. If they weren't, we would be playing the Penguins

Howdy:

Rosehill, Gill....OK, they are probably at the end. Timonen..other threads tell the story. He will stay because this organization's D and G development are backwards. Rinaldo--agree. Hartnell might fetch a decent pick for a team seeking a "character" add; Florida, Edmonton come to mind. VLC...boy, that might be a tough deal to erase.  I might see it happen if he had an improvement this year...and that is a low probability.

Best,

Howie