Should the Sharks sign Benjamin Conz?

ztsharks

Should the Sharks sign Benjamin Conz? He has played well in International tournaments, and pretty well in the swiss a-league. He could be the next Jonas Hiller. 

That's a really good question.  The Sharks aren't that stacked as far as goal tending prospects go beyond Sateri.  Sateri will likely battle Stalock for the backup job in training camp.  The others in the system will battle for jobs in Worcester.  Conz isn't very big compared to todays NHL goalies, but he could earn a job in Worchester.  

@hf101  I wonder, is Nemi still the man in San Jose. I've always thought he was an excellent goalie, but losing 4 straight like that, it may have permanently shaken the Sharks confidence in him. He would fetch a real nice price, should they look to deal him. This staggering loss may stress their relationship beyond repair. Sharks 1st rounder for John Gibson anybody?

Its pretty simple. Buy out Havlat, and Kennedy. boom, 8 million. Trade Burish and Stuart for a bag of pucks.....Boom, another 5 million. Let Boyle walk, another 6.7 million.

The Sharks need to Offer sheet Ryan Ellis. like yesterday. A lot of people look at his paltry 27 points and think "meh", but the guys is good at possession and pinpoint breakout passes, quarterbacking the PP and has improved defensively and does all this with crap forwards to pass to, and with little PP time. Nashville is in a tight spot for money, and has Weber, Josi locked up long term, and in 2 years, Seth Jones entry level contract is over.

Offer Sheet Ellis Doug Wilson. He will be there on a transition game team like this. Then offer a contract to Niskanen. He can play RD and LD and would be well worth 6 million. Then extend Demers for no more than 3.5 million, or let another team have him.

@J0e Th0rnton  Could not agree more, Ryan Ellis would be a GREAT fit on the Sharks. He has never really been able to do what he does best in Nashville, due to them having a lot of players with his exact skill set. Ryan could be a star in San Jose. He's small, but one of his best skills is protecting the puck with his body, which gets him out of a lot of trouble. I'd love to see this move, it would allow Ryan to start becoming the player I know he can be.