Bertuzzi/Moore trial date finally nears

yave1964

Yave, I never said it was the only factor. Merely the most relevant one. Originally, I thought they were having the trial in Colorado, now I just realized they are having it in Ontario? The punitive damage cap and economic damages caps in place in Canada mean the Loss of income is going to be where he gets the majority of his money in this suit.

To you it is the most relevant factor, but not in a court of law. Earnings of the defendant are relevant, at least as relevant as well. Loss of quality of life is equally if not more so.

I knew it was in Ontario, I was confused by your mention of it being in Colorado and meant to look it up. Good catch.

To you it is the most relevant factor, but not in a court of law. Earnings of the defendant are relevant, at least as relevant as well. Loss of quality of life is equally if not more so.

I knew it was in Ontario, I was confused by your mention of it being in Colorado and meant to look it up. Good catch.

Yave, when i say relevant factor, I mean in the sense that the Maximum you can be granted in a civil suit for things like "Emotional distress" and "Punitive damages" have a hard cap in Canada. They do in Colorado as well. The reason thought it was in Colorado initially is because they actually filed in Colorado first, attempting to get it done there. It ended up getting thrown out because the judges decided it would be better in Canadian courts. Moore's lawyer tried and tried to appeal it to keep it in the USA because he knew even with the hard caps for punitive damages in Colorado, Canadian caps on how much you can sue for are far lower.

That is why Moore amended the lawsuit from the original lower amount for loss of income +extra's like aggravated and millions in punitive damages + a few million for his parents emotinal distress in a US court to a straight up $35 million for loss of income and a few million for his parents and his own emotional distress + loss of quality of life in Canadian courts. Canadian courts tend to award lower for bullcrap like "Emotional distress", so he piled the main part of the lawsuit on to loss of income and doubled the number.

Therefore, loss of income will be the primary and main factor in how much he gets in a Canadian court.

Edit: and ill share another concern as a hockey fan. It has become known that Moore's lawyer is going to be focusing a lot of his arguments on the players/coaches "Code" of retribution, for hits on star players, and fighting in the sport in general being wrong. For the past few years, it has been speculated that we are getting closer and closer to a league in which fighting is "illegal". This could be the straw that breaks the camels back and turns it into a league of pantywaist.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

Yave, when i say relevant factor, I mean in the sense that the Maximum you can be granted in a civil suit for things like "Emotional distress" and "Punitive damages" have a hard cap in Canada. They do in Colorado as well. The reason thought it was in Colorado initially is because they actually filed in Colorado first, attempting to get it done there. It ended up getting thrown out because the judges decided it would be better in Canadian courts. Moore's lawyer tried and tried to appeal it to keep it in the USA because he knew even with the hard caps for punitive damages in Colorado, Canadian caps on how much you can sue for are far lower.

That is why Moore amended the lawsuit from the original lower amount for loss of income +extra's like aggravated and millions in punitive damages + a few million for his parents emotinal distress in a US court to a straight up $35 million for loss of income and a few million for his parents and his own emotional distress + loss of quality of life in Canadian courts. Canadian courts tend to award lower for bullcrap like "Emotional distress", so he piled the main part of the lawsuit on to loss of income and doubled the number.

Therefore, loss of income will be the primary and main factor in how much he gets in a Canadian court.

Edit: and ill share another concern as a hockey fan. It has become known that Moore's lawyer is going to be focusing a lot of his arguments on the players/coaches "Code" of retribution, for hits on star players, and fighting in the sport in general being wrong. For the past few years, it has been speculated that we are getting closer and closer to a league in which fighting is "illegal". This could be the straw that breaks the camels back and turns it into a league of pantywaist.

I don't think this will change fighting one bit.  It SHOULD help to reduce cowardly assaults like this though, and that is a good thing.  If a player has to worry about losing 10 or 20 million for sucker punching someone and riding them down, then to me that is nothing but a positive for the game.  If they want to fight someone, they SHOULD square up in front of them and give them a chance to defend themselves.  No court in the US considered a mutual combatant a victim, so that eliminates any lawsuits if both parties drop the gloves.  BUt again, this wasn't a fight, this was an aggravated assault.  

Also you're speculating his placement within the Avalanche organization alone during a time when they were top heavy with talent.  Who's to say he wouldn't have gone to the Islanders or some similar bottom feeding team at the time and made decent money as a 3rd of 4th liner.  You can hack at the man's skill level in comparison to the Forsberg and Sakic's of the world all you want, but he was in the NHL, for injuries or what have you, and the base pay for that has risen steadily.  We see guys with AHL skill in the NHL making bigger money all the time.  Your argument along this line remains irrelevant.  As you like to say... it's BULL FRIGGIN CRAP.  

Edited by Polaris922

I don't think this will change fighting one bit. It SHOULD help to reduce cowardly assaults like this though, and that is a good thing. If a player has to worry about losing 10 or 20 million for sucker punching someone and riding them down, then to me that is nothing but a positive for the game. If they want to fight someone, they SHOULD square up in front of them and give them a chance to defend themselves. No court in the US considered a mutual combatant a victim, so that eliminates any lawsuits if both parties drop the gloves. BUt again, this wasn't a fight, this was an aggravated assault.

Also you're speculating his placement within the Avalanche organization alone during a time when they were top heavy with talent. Who's to say he wouldn't have gone to the Islanders or some similar bottom feeding team at the time and made decent money as a 3rd of 4th liner. You can hack at the man's skill level in comparison to the Forsberg and Sakic's of the world all you want, but he was in the NHL, for injuries or what have you, and the base pay for that has risen steadily. We see guys with AHL skill in the NHL making bigger money all the time. Your argument along this line remains irrelevant. As you like to say... it's BULL FRIGGIN CRAP.

Think what you want about it not changing fighting Polaris. Time will tell. Danton has already stated he thinks a player should not have to fight in retribution for a hit to a star player, and right at the start of this year, they started talking about having fighting become a 5 minute major + game ejection and suspension. Visors are now mandatory for new players and taking off your helmet = penalty. The spotlight shinning on a retribution attack, and people arguing that fighting should be completely illegal turns this into a very touchy case.

It definitely worries me with the way the league has slowly been rendering fighting obscure.

Regarding Moore's placement in the avs organization and another team picking him up.....hahaha. Maybe you missed the part where he was only called up after other call up's were injured? And how, in a pre-cap world, every single NHL team could have picked him up on waivers for his league minimum salary. 4 times he went down and was recalled due to injuries , and not a single NHL team showed the least bit of interest in getting him at the low cost for their 4th line(And they did in fact steal several other Avs call ups). The running line on Avs forums was "Moore recalled? Who is injured this time?". And no, I am not making this up. On the Hockeyforum I was on, everyone was watching the Avs carefully because of Patrick Roy's retirement and the huge signings(At the time) of Kariya and Selanne.

The Forsberg's and Kariya's of the world getting injured a few times and missing half the season helped his chances at being called up, but more important to his being called up were the injuries of guys like Riku Hahl(Missed 53 games with Shoulder injury), Andrei Nikolishin(injured his knee, abdomen, and back all over the place and missed 33 games, allowing Moore to stay), Peter Worrell(missed 33 games with knee injury), Travis Brigley(Back and shoulder injuries), Dan Hinote(Missed a lot of time with concussion symptoms), Cody McCormick(Broke a finger and was too green and young for the NHL anyways), Marek Svatos(Missed 78 games with Shoulder injury), Brad Larsen injured his groin so many times in a row that they ended up dropping him to the minors again(And he was claimed off waivers immediately upon opportunity by the thrashers) etc etc All first choices over Moore.

In fact, Brad Larsen's career is slightly better than what I would expect out of the best of Moore's career had he played it out.

A quote at the time Selanne got a knee injury

We've been losing a player every game. We're running out of Hershey Bears to bring up.

The utter panic that hit the board when Sakic took a puck in the kisser right after Forsberg came back and got listed from day to day was hilarious.

They picked up Darby Hendrickson and immediately assigned him to NHL duties because they were so shortstaffed. It was the worst season for injuries in team History and they ran out of band aids. A few of the guys they called up only twice got picked off on Waivers(Which pissed Avs/Hershey bear fans off), but Moore, who was called up 4 times, nobody wanted.

So yeah.....throw that theory of yours out the window.

If the Avs put to paper a 5th line of healthy scratches you can call in case of an emergency, Moore would be third choice of three. The fans liked his work ethic and effort, but hated his torrid slow skating and poor faceoff skills. That skating and the fact that he relied on clutch and grab so much would have gotten him eaten alive in the new NHL in my opinion.

Edit.

In the end, I like you Polaris. I like Yave, and I understand this is a touchy subject. It always has been. On every forum I have been to, this has been the topic that turns into a huge argument with the crowd pretty evenly split. That's not my goal and I am sorry if I get heated about it. I have strong opinions on it and I know you do too.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

Think what you want about it not changing fighting Polaris. Time will tell. Danton has already stated he thinks a player should not have to fight in retribution for a hit to a star player, and right at the start of this year, they started talking about having fighting become a 5 minute major + game ejection and suspension. Visors are now mandatory for new players and taking off your helmet = penalty. The spotlight shinning on a retribution attack, and people arguing that fighting should be completely illegal turns this into a very touchy case.

It definitely worries me with the way the league has slowly been rendering fighting obscure.

Regarding Moore's placement in the avs organization and another team picking him up.....hahaha. Maybe you missed the part where he was only called up after other call up's were injured? And how, in a pre-cap world, every single NHL team could have picked him up on waivers for his league minimum salary. 4 times he went down and was recalled due to injuries , and not a single NHL team showed the least bit of interest in getting him at the low cost for their 4th line(And they did in fact steal several other Avs call ups). The running line on Avs forums was "Moore recalled? Who is injured this time?". And no, I am not making this up. On the Hockeyforum I was on, everyone was watching the Avs carefully because of Patrick Roy's retirement and the huge signings(At the time) of Kariya and Selanne.

The Forsberg's and Kariya's of the world getting injured a few times and missing half the season helped his chances at being called up, but more important to his being called up were the injuries of guys like Riku Hahl(Missed 53 games with Shoulder injury), Andrei Nikolishin(injured his knee, abdomen, and back all over the place and missed 33 games, allowing Moore to stay), Peter Worrell(missed 33 games with knee injury), Travis Brigley(Back and shoulder injuries), Dan Hinote(Missed a lot of time with concussion symptoms), Cody McCormick(Broke a finger and was too green and young for the NHL anyways), Marek Svatos(Missed 78 games with Shoulder injury), Brad Larsen injured his groin so many times in a row that they ended up dropping him to the minors again(And he was claimed off waivers immediately upon opportunity by the thrashers) etc etc All first choices over Moore.

In fact, Brad Larsen's career is slightly better than what I would expect out of the best of Moore's career had he played it out.

A quote at the time Selanne got a knee injury

The utter panic that hit the board when Sakic took a puck in the kisser right after Forsberg came back and got listed from day to day was hilarious.

They picked up Darby Hendrickson and immediately assigned him to NHL duties because they were so shortstaffed. It was the worst season for injuries in team History and they ran out of band aids. A few of the guys they called up only twice got picked off on Waivers(Which pissed Avs/Hershey bear fans off), but Moore, who was called up 4 times, nobody wanted.

So yeah.....throw that theory of yours out the window.

If the Avs put to paper a 5th line of healthy scratches you can call in case of an emergency, Moore would be third choice of three. The fans liked his work ethic and effort, but hated his torrid slow skating and poor faceoff skills. That skating and the fact that he relied on clutch and grab so much would have gotten him eaten alive in the new NHL in my opinion.

Edit.

In the end, I like you Polaris. I like Yave, and I understand this is a touchy subject. It always has been. On every forum I have been to, this has been the topic that turns into a huge argument with the crowd pretty evenly split. That's not my goal and I am sorry if I get heated about it. I have strong opinions on it and I know you do too.

Nothing to apologize for. We're just on opposite sides on this one.

@J0e Th0rnton

We are all good Joe, your right it is a touchy subject, that is why I decided to start it in here. It is a polarizing argument (no pun intended Polaris, lol) and as you say there are few if any subjects that create as much divisiveness as this one does. Looking forward to it (hopefully) finally being over in the fall.

• 1 month later...

Bump...

In the last few days I've read he's seeking $68,000,000.00! A boarder line 4th line player? Bertuzzi himself has only made 47m. While I feel he should get compensation but nowhere north of 10m.

Let the Bertuzzi bashing start rather than debate the topic.

Edited by hf101
Merged threads

Here we go again.

I am very adamant against Moore in this lawsuit and his blatant cash grab. We had discussions on this in the past few months.

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/62177-bertuzzimoore-trial-date-finally-nears/

Its a touchy subject, and one that had a lot of friends here arguing like they were blood feud enemies lol.

IMO, Steve Moore was a career 3rd line AHL player, being used as a call up as a 25 year old rookie, who had not been improving at AHL level and not likely to every grace the NHL for anything more than he had done. If he played 3 years at pro level, I would have called that his peak.

A year or two of league minimum NHL pay and 8-10 years of AHL level pay is what I think his absolute best would have brought him.

2-3 million. Max.

Moore was sent up and down to the minors 4-5 times that year, and it was quite frankly because they had so many injuries all year that he played, not because he earned a spot. On his AHL teams, he was somewhere between 7th and 9th in scoring in his 2 full AHL years. Every time he was sent up or down, he could have been picked up by every other NHL team passing through Waivers and re-entry waivers.

His "Website" is a joke as well. he has changed it like 6 times, but he tries to make it sound like he was much better than he actually was, and would have been a top NHL player.

"After years of hard work, Steve not only made the NHL team, a team which won a cup just prior with superstars such as Sakic, Forsberg, Blake, Tanguay, Hejduk, but worked his way to first line duties of an NHL team that was league best with a star studded lineup that had just signed and added free agents Selanne and Kariya. Finally Steve was playing alongside players he idolized growing up, and as an equal. His dream of being an NHL superstar able to provide for his entire family after years of hard work had become a reality....."

What a crock. Seriously. Even is teammates as classy as Sakic decided to bail on him because of what a douche he is.

Again there's a punitive side to damages too. It's not JUST about his earnings potential, it's about punishing Bertuzzi for an act of violence. It's also against the Canucks for sending Bertuzzi out there to do it.

And let's face it... People always sue for ridiculous amounts hoping to get a fraction of it. That's how the game is played. Moore is an intelligent man with a legal team. He'll win, just a matter of how much.

Again there's a punitive side to damages too. It's not JUST about his earnings potential, it's about punishing Bertuzzi for an act of violence. It's also against the Canucks for sending Bertuzzi out there to do it.

And let's face it... People always sue for ridiculous amounts hoping to get a fraction of it. That's how the game is played. Moore is an intelligent man with a legal team. He'll win, just a matter of how much.

His case for making bank here will revolve around proving how much he would have made in his career, as well as he is arguing he would be in a lucrative business career because of his degrees, etc and now will not be because he cannot concentrate.

There is a punitive damage cap/upper limit in Canada. That's why Moore originally tried filing in the USA for a much lower "Loss of income" amount. It got thrown out of court and they told him to take it to Canada, where he amended the "Loss of income" amount waaaaay higher and has continued to do so over time.

I.E The woman who sued McDonald's for being burned with Coffee she did not know was hot for $3 million dollars and won is not possible under Canadian law.

canada-coffee-cup-sideways.jpg

In any case, I guess it depends on the NHLPA members who testify. His case for lost income is going to hinge largely on testimony from professionals. He will need to have NHL players and GM's say they think he would have made X dollars because....Y.

The problem is, the defense will be bringing in guys mentioning the opposite. And older scouting reports of Moore's potential and trajectory suggest a cup of coffee call up player in the NHL, career AHLer.

Moore's side will try to pretend he was the next Joe Sakic.

Bertuzzi's side will tell us he was a call up due to injury and never would have stayed at NHL level.(Which is close to the truth)

GM's they call independently will side closer to Bertuzzi's side.

And at absolute best, His brother, who always was a better player even when younger, is the highest bar possible for realistic expectations of Salary. Dominic has made 8 million in Salary since 2004. And that is a best case scenario for Steve Moore. A more realistic scenario is he plays out the year, the team gets healthy and he gets sent back down. He had been sent down 4 times that year already and nobody cared to claim him for half price on re-entry waivers. Not exactly a sterling endorsement.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

So you think he should get more than Bertuzzi? He was a board line AHL 3rd liner!

I think Bertuzzi should've been banned from the NHL.

I think he should've served jail time.

I think no one knows what Moore could've been, third line or otherwise. But thanks to Bertuzzi, Moore never gets a chance to find out, either.

And I think Moore will suffer the effects of Bertuzzi's assault for the rest of his days.

How much do you value time spent with your children? Or grandchildren? Riding rides or watching fireworks? I have a wife that can't do those things because of an illness, and I see how it hurts her to miss out. Moore may be missing out on those things as well, BECAUSE if Bertuzzi's actions.

So tell me again what Moore is worth. What life is worth. Tell me again how you all know so much what someone else's quality if life is worth.

Edited by hf101
Removed Personal Comment

I'm not going through all this again. I hope he wins. You hope he loses. Done deal.

I don't hope he loses. I just hope he gets nothing over 5 million dollars, because frankly, I do not think he would EVER have earned that much based on realistic trajectory and projections of his career and personally seeing his very lacking skillset.

Nor do I believe he is as bad off as he plays it off to be. I know your opinion is it would be stupid of him to let another group of doctors look at him other than his own, but his own personal doctor team unfortunately stink of Lionel Huts

lionel-hutz-defending-homer-simpson.jpg

dr_nick.png

Especially since they are trying to portray him as a peer and equal of Sakic and Forsberg, not just an injury fill in who scored 15 points.

In any case, Bertuzzi was suing Crawford and the Canucks organization for sending him out on orders to do just that. But they came to a closed door agreement which had Bert drop the suit. Presumably, the agreement is that they will foot a lot of the bill if he loses. Only way to explain Bert just dropping the suit.

I am just glad this is finally reaching these stages. We can all have an answer when it is over and gripe or cheer as we see fit.

So you think he should get more than Bertuzzi? He was a board line AHL 3rd liner!

That's my problem with the whole thing to be honest. I saw Moore play a ton of games. His heart and determination were in the right place, but his skillset was a few cuts below his brother Dominik, who was a very marginal player. Particularly his torrid skating, which Avs fans used to worry about in the dead puck era. In the new NHL, his skating would get him roasted. His shooting and passing were nothing to write home about either and had not improved at all. This is a guy who was 25 years old at forward position. If you have not made it by then, you are almost certainly stuck in the minors for life. Dime a dozen bottom 3 guy, 4th liner call up when the team has injuries at best, AHL checking line center most of the time.

Listening to his lawyer rant about him being a 1st liner, and Moore's previous dumb postings about playing as a peer and equal to Forsberg and Sakic and how he was finally realizing his dream of becoming a superstar NHL franchise player really annoyed me.

Its a play, and a ridiculous one at that. Who in the NHL circle is going to go on the stand and testify that Moore could have been a top 6 forward? He's going to have problems with that one. His brother will not count. The entire avs team has basically bailed on him(Many apparently did not like him anyways).

The current upper limit maximum in Canada on punitive damages is 1 million dollars. The upper limit on non-pecuniary(Pain and suffering) damages is $358000. Much much different than the states. And those upper limits are rarely reached even in cases of people being crippled from the neck down and in a wheelchair eating through a straw.

Ergo, Moore's big windfall will rest on being able to prove how much he would have made in the NHL and his business career after(Loss of income Pucuniary damages). He can only fleece Bert for 1 million, 358 thousand in the "Pain/suffering and punitive" categories under Canadian law.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

Like Polaris I am not going to continue to debate this in here, the issue is rather divisive and pun intended, polarizing.

What Moore was like as a hockey player is irrelivent. What you think of him as a person does not matter. Not one bit. If Bertuzzi is kind to kittens and visits his mother twice a week does not make a difference. None of that matters one damn bit.

A crime was committed. Bertuzzi pled guilty. His employer encouraged the effort that led to the result. The financial liability is all that is left.

For those of you out there insulted by the amount Moore is asking for based off your view of his talent as a Hockey player, the court system uses that as one of the issues deciding the case but it is only one.

I hated Bertuzzi playing for the Wings. I struggled rooting for him in the same way as Penguin fans did rooting for Cooke. That equally does not matter.

Moore is going to get paid. He should. End of story.

Like Polaris I am not going to continue to debate this in here, the issue is rather divisive and pun intended, polarizing.

What Moore was like as a hockey player is irrelivent. What you think of him as a person does not matter. Not one bit. If Bertuzzi is kind to kittens and visits his mother twice a week does not make a difference. None of that matters one damn bit.

A crime was committed. Bertuzzi pled guilty. His employer encouraged the effort that led to the result. The financial liability is all that is left.

For those of you out there insulted by the amount Moore is asking for based off your view of his talent as a Hockey player, the court system uses that as one of the issues deciding the case but it is only one.

I hated Bertuzzi playing for the Wings. I struggled rooting for him in the same way as Penguin fans did rooting for Cooke. That equally does not matter.

Moore is going to get paid. He should. End of story.

Yup. Hopefully in the range of 3 to 5 million dollars at most

I think one of the biggest contributing factors in determining the amount Moore deserves and receives will be based upon the quality of life Moore has had since the attack and less about how long Moore's NHL career might have been or a comparison to how much Bertuzzi has made.  

And If I understand this lawsuit correctly it is also about the Vancouver Canucks and the NHL in promoting the "goonery".   If the Canucks and NHL are found guilty in this portion of the suit Moore I think Moore will be awarded greater than $20M. 

I think one of the biggest contributing factors in determining the amount Moore deserves and receives will be based upon the quality of life Moore has had since the attack and less about how long Moore's NHL career might have been or a comparison to how much Bertuzzi has made.  

And If I understand this lawsuit correctly it is also about the Vancouver Canucks and the NHL in promoting the "goonery".   If the Canucks and NHL are found guilty in this portion of the suit Moore I think Moore will be awarded greater than $20M. 

The problem is figuring that out. Judging from his own comments on his NHL career, you obviously can't take his word for it.

This case is under Canadian law HF.

Under Canadian law, the whole, loss of quality of life falls under non-pucuniary damages. Punitive damages is capped with an upper limit of a Million dollars in Canada, just like the  "Pain and suffering" non-pucuniary damages in a personal injury is capped at $350000. As I said before, the upper limit is rarely reach even in cases where a person is paralyzed from the neck down eating through a straw the rest of their life.

This is why Moore originally tried and failed to get this suit in American Courts, and why he keeps amending the amount up. Because untimately, the amount he gets beyond the max $1350000 will hinge on proving loss of income.

Everyone needs to understand it from that perspective.

I think Bertuzzi should've been banned from the NHL.

I think he should've served jail time.

I think no one knows what Moore could've been, third line or otherwise. But thanks to Bertuzzi, Moore never gets a chance to find out, either.

And I think Moore will suffer the effects of Bertuzzi's assault for the rest of his days.

How much do you value time spent with your children? Or grandchildren? Riding rides or watching fireworks? I have a wife that can't do those things because of an illness, and I see how it hurts her to miss out. Moore may be missing out on those things as well, BECAUSE if Bertuzzi's actions.

So tell me again what Moore is worth. What life is worth. Tell me again how you all know so much what someone else's quality if life is worth.

Do you realize Moore was offered a contract but his legal team would NOT let him anywhere near a doctor for a physical?

Here's the question for you? If there's no doubt in anyone's mind he's so badly injured why would his legal team not want him to take a physical to prove he's injured.

Edited by hf101
Removed personal comment.

Why is there never the hatred for the many others that were much worse with far less punishment?

McSorley

Samuelsson

Simon

Richard (attacked a linesman)

Hunter

And the list goes on.

Bertuzzi's actions were disgusting but an axe handle swing like Simon's were much worse with much worse INTENTIONS!

Why is there never the hatred for the many others that were much worse with far less punishment?

McSorley

Samuelsson

Simon

Richard (attacked a linesman)

Hunter

And the list goes on.

Bertuzzi's actions were disgusting but an axe handle swing like Simon's were much worse with much worse INTENTIONS!

In fairness, when Samuelsson was sucker punched by Tie Domi, knocked out cold and concussed. Domi got a mild suspension and most players, coaches and GM's around the league PRAISED the sucker punch as deserved.

In fact, none of Ulf's teammates really even came to his defense, other than to mildly hold Domi, which was kind of hilarious.

But most hilarious was that Ulf Samuelsson got a call from his wife and she yelled at him on the phone for not being ready to absorb the punch because he had been asking for it.

Samuelsson of course, was selective and made his intentional knee on knees look like accidents. In Today's NHL with all the angles on cameras, he would be suspended more than Torres and Cook.

In fairness, when Samuelsson was sucker punched by Tie Domi, knocked out cold and concussed. Domi got a mild suspension and most players, coaches and GM's around the league PRAISED the sucker punch as deserved.

In fact, none of Ulf's teammates really even came to his defense, other than to mildly hold Domi, which was kind of hilarious.

But most hilarious was that Ulf Samuelsson got a call from his wife and she yelled at him on the phone for not being ready to absorb the punch because he had been asking for it.

Samuelsson of course, was selective and made his intentional knee on knees look like accidents. In Today's NHL with all the angles on cameras, he would be suspended more than Torres and Cook.

How much did Samuelsson's hit on Neely cost Neely in future salary? To be quite frank!!!! This were these dirty hit arguments piss me off when they ignore all of the other dirty hits.

Do you realize Moore was offered a contract but his legal team would NOT let him anywhere near a doctor for a physical?

Here's the question for you? If there's no doubt in anyone's mind he's so badly injured why would his legal team not want him to take a physical to prove he's injured.

For the record there are several teams of doctors that support Moore's side of the medical damages including the hospital that saw him, the hospitals follow up trauma team, Moore's doctors, and BOTH insurance companies the NHL uses for comp claims. I've covered this before. The NHL asking to see yet another set if doctors is the NHL playing the game, not Moore avoiding it. Of course he won't see them. I wouldn't either. Only a fool would.

The quality of life is the issue. Again... What price do you put on the ability to catch baseball with your kid? Ride a roller coaster with them? Watch fireworks? Walk all day through Disney World? All things severe vertigo does away with. How much is that worth?

None of us... Here, the Av's, the NHL... Nobody knows how much Moore could have earned. Tyler Kennedy got $2,000,000 to be a scratch. Engelland just got $2,900,000 a year to do what again? Guys are getting $5,000,000 a year to be role players. Moore was a role player. Who knows what some lunatic GM would've paid him somewhere along the way?

Like it or not his twam's comments about being equal to Salic or Forsberg can be interpreted to mean he's in the big leagues now playing for a Stanley Cup. Which he was. I don't see him saying he was their equal in talent, just that he skated with them for it all, which he did. Funny how perspective can change the meaning.

Simply put, Moore deserves Bertuzzi's money more than Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi will retire and be wealthy regardless. Moore will be handicapped the rest of his life. However slight you may think that's worth.

Edited by hf101
removed quoted coment
  • Like 1