Jack Adams finalists announced

yave1964

coach of the year finalists  

7 members have voted

1. 1. who gets your vote?

• Patrick Roy
    • Jon Cooper
    • Mike Babcock

The NHL has announced its finalists for the Jack Adams award for coach of the year.

First year coach Jon Cooper of the Tampa Bay Lightning who took an also ran franchise and led them to 101 points good for 2nd place in the division and 3rd in the East. This was in spite of losing Stamkos for a large portion of the season and mixing lots of kids into the lineup.

Patrick Roy turned around the moribund Avalanche, they beat out the Blues and Hawks to win their division with a whopping 112 points.

Mike Babcock did arguably his best coaching job of his career managing 93 points and a playoff appearance in the Wings first year in the East in spite of massive injuries especially to star players Zetterberg and Datsyuk and an influx of kids. On top of that he led Canada to the Gold mid-season.

My vote, as hard as it is for me to say this goes hands down to Patrick Freakin' Roy. God I hate this guy and always will but he did one hell of a job coaching the Avalanche to an amazing turnaround. I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth simply stating this.

@yave1964

I agree Roy deserves it. I'm surprised by Babcock though. I wouldn't have put him on the list. Arguably I'd give Berube the nod before him. And even Bylsma if the contention is dealing with injuries.

Edited by Polaris922