BSchenn for EKane?

brelic

Would any of you be upset if they traded Schenn for Evander Kane?

I mean, Kane is a winger and a sniper, and he already has a 30-goal season under his belt. He's a bit of a troubled young player (according to his outings and the media), and sounds like he would welcome a change. 

I don't think straight up would work. You'd have to include something with Schenn (maybe swap a 2nd for a 3rd) because Kane is clearly ahead in his development.

Would you do it if you were Homer?

Kane, 4th overall pick 2009, 185 GP, 131points, 0.71ppg career.

Schenn, 5th overall pick 2009, 183 GP, 85points, 0.46ppg career.

Would any of you be upset if they traded Schenn for Evander Kane?

I mean, Kane is a winger and a sniper, and he already has a 30-goal season under his belt. He's a bit of a troubled young player (according to his outings and the media), and sounds like he would welcome a change.

I don't think straight up would work. You'd have to include something with Schenn (maybe swap a 2nd for a 3rd) because Kane is clearly ahead in his development.

Would you do it if you were Homer?

Yes, but only out of desperation for a winger/sniper. Schenn is more well rounded, and we know his issues. We don't know all about Kane.

If they got an Evander Kane for Schenn and a 2nd, I think that might be a heluva lot more palateable, yes.

I would go bat s*** crazy for Evander Kane. I love that guy and I would trade Schenn for him

This is an interesting trade idea.  I don't think Schenn is worth anywhere near Evander Kane, but I think a lot of Kane.  He slumped this year with injuries, but I still think he's a bigger impact player than Schenn is or will be.  However, throwing in a second is a nice addition.   I just don't see the Jets selling off Kane for that.  He's a big part of their offense when he's playing.  

I just don't see the Jets selling off Kane for that.  He's a big part of their offense when he's playing.  

He's a big part of their offense, no doubt. But it seems like he's not happy in Winnipeg from some media reports I've read. Of course, if the Winnipeg journalists are anything like Philly's, who knows how much of it is just made up.

He would look awesome on Giroux's wing.

@flyercanuck

Probably depends on how he's communicating with the Jets' organization. If things are rocky there they may just have to take what they can get for him.

@brelic

Funny thing is before the trade deadline there was a rumor that he'd be brought here to skate with Crosby and Kunitz. I think a guy like him fits real well with any playmaking center, Giroux included.

That trade would instantly make us a faster team, so I'm ok with that part. Somewhere in there, Evander has a 40 goal scorer locked inside. Question is, does anyone have the key? I think Kane is more of a physical force than Schenn will ever be, although Scheen is no slouch in that dept either. Not sure the Jets would make this deal, despite Kane's odd lack of production of late, his skill set should still require a more sure return than Brayden. I just think the Jets could do a bit better. It's very hard to find a legit power forward, and Kane does fit that bill, despite the inconsistent stats. a line of Kane, Giroux and Voracek would be wicked hard to play against. I'd be interested, even if we had to up the ante a bit.

That trade would instantly make us a faster team, so I'm ok with that part. Somewhere in there, Evander has a 40 goal scorer locked inside. Question is, does anyone have the key? I think Kane is more of a physical force than Schenn will ever be, although Scheen is no slouch in that dept either. Not sure the Jets would make this deal, despite Kane's odd lack of production of late, his skill set should still require a more sure return than Brayden. I just think the Jets could do a bit better. It's very hard to find a legit power forward, and Kane does fit that bill, despite the inconsistent stats. a line of Kane, Giroux and Voracek would be wicked hard to play against. I'd be interested, even if we had to up the ante a bit.

I think you would. But first and foremost we don't know if he's for sale. Interesting thought though!

@Polaris922 There were rumors he was being shopped at the deadline, but the Jets never came close to getting the return they deemed acceptable, so he remained a Jet....or so the rumor goes anyways.

Yeah we'd heard our Pens were "interested" then it got quiet. Lol

i'm not disagreeing with your overall thesis, here, but i can't figure out what the above numbers are.  kane has played 324 games (with 200 points), to schenn's 192 (87) points.

it doesn't change the comparison much (.62p/g versus .45p/g), but...what numbers are you using?

i'm not disagreeing with your overall thesis, here, but i can't figure out what the above numbers are.  kane has played 324 games (with 200 points), to schenn's 192 (87) points.

it doesn't change the comparison much (.62p/g versus .45p/g), but...what numbers are you using?

Whoa, good catch. I looked too quickly and grabbed only the Wpg data for Kane and the Phi data for Schenn (though his LA stuff is not important).

Thanks for catching that.

It does change the comparison in the sense that Kane almost a season and a half more.