Just to share my agony...

Danny Briere, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter and Ilya friggin Bryzgalov are all still playing hockey.

The only one I'd undo is maybe Briere, So don't get me wrong. It just kinda sucks that they're all still going and we're out in seven against the Rangers who can't seem to compete against the damn penguins who I feel secure we could have continued to dismantle.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Danny Briere, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter and Ilya friggin Bryzgalov are all still playing hockey.

The only one I'd undo is maybe Briere, So don't get me wrong. It just kinda sucks that they're all still going and we're out in seven against the Rangers who can't seem to compete against the damn penguins who I feel secure we could have continued to dismantle.

Grumble grumble grumble.

The only one I have a problem with still being in the playoffs is Jeff Carter. He was a lazy floater and a bum when he was here, and still basically is. I'm rooting for the rest of these guys including Bryz, who while he said some things that made me think he was out there in space like a Russian cosmonaut, played pretty well and hard much of the time.

Edited by FD19372

I'm still trying to come to grips with yet another crushing playoff elimination. Of course, the thought "we will never win" was there front and center, along with "my life sucks" (lol, kinda) and "why me, why us" among other thoughts came to the forefront. Seems we are cursed, damned to a life of never seeing the ultimate thrill again.

I get the feeling even if we somehow build a winning roster, injuries or some other kinda freak of nature thing will stop us. Just really *really* took this loss to the Rangers tough. One of the main reasons is I really believe we were the better team, but not having Mason at the start killed us. I was never fooled by the Emery win, I *knew* he would implode.

At least for the first time in 3 F**KING decades we have a legit goalie in place, I have that fact to hang my hat on I guess. Could not even post here for a few weeks, just had to step back from hockey for a while.

Rant over...thanks for listening.

@jammer2, I agree with you, thank god we finally have our most skilled goalie since Lindbergh , we'll we had Bob, but that's another story. Mason is legit and we finally won't lose games due to back breaking soft goals, and we now have a guy that can actually steal a few for a change. Now I'm hoping we have finally drafted our most skilled defenseman since Behn Wilson...... At least one of Ghost,Haag or Morin can be our most highly skilled dman that we have drafted in 35 years. Every skilled dman we have had, Howe, Desjardins, Timmo, Pronger were all acquired in trades. It's about time we have some homegrown talent on the blue line.

The only one I have a problem with still being in the playoffs is Jeff Carter. He was a lazy floater and a bum when he was here, and still basically is. I'm rooting for the rest of these guys including Bryz, who while he said some things that made me think he was out there in space like a Russian cosmonaut, played pretty well and hard much of the time.

The funny thing with Carter is, if he'd never played for Philly (meaning Flyer fans would have seen plenty of highlights but not many full games) he'd be one of those guys coveted here as a goal scorer.

As for Bryz - I honestly don't think I ever saw a goalie let in as many bad goals as him in his short tenure here. He played well at times, but he was so horribly inconsistent. He played like you'd expect an 18 year to play.

I'm still trying to come to grips with yet another crushing playoff elimination. Of course, the thought "we will never win" was there front and center, along with "my life sucks" (lol, kinda) and "why me, why us" among other thoughts came to the forefront. Seems we are cursed, damned to a life of never seeing the ultimate thrill again.

I get the feeling even if we somehow build a winning roster, injuries or some other kinda freak of nature thing will stop us. Just really *really* took this loss to the Rangers tough. One of the main reasons is I really believe we were the better team, but not having Mason at the start killed us. I was never fooled by the Emery win, I *knew* he would implode.

At least for the first time in 3 F**KING decades we have a legit goalie in place, I have that fact to hang my hat on I guess. Could not even post here for a few weeks, just had to step back from hockey for a while.

We went to Costa Rica. Missed games 4 and 5...caught period 2 of game 6 and game 7. And watched the first Habs/Bruins game periods 3,4,5 with Lester Mclean (the TSN music guy).

It was a lot less stressful.

I can't blame emery.

Really to me it was a lack of creativity and desperation.

Look how things went in game 6 when simmer decided enough was enough.

The where was that in game 7?

Was he tired?

Doesn't matter because you need the whole team to play like that every game in the playoffs.

Berube was stymied by the rangers D and Lundqvist. He had nothing to counter them. Never solved a thing.

I don't know that the flyers were the better team. This defeat didn't crush me that hard.

The fact is that the rangers played like animals down the stretch of the season. So did the flyers, but overall, the rangers played better heading into the playoffs.

Stupid losses at the end of the season against the rangers and a few worse teams killed home ice and that would have made a huge difference in this one.

The flyers were all amped up for the bruins and Blackhawks and blues, all teams we weren't going to face for two rounds at best. Then we lost games to the rangers and devils down the stretch that cost us dearly.

Anyway, Laviolette needed a defensive mind to help him, berube needs an offensive mind to help him. Who's the hockey equivalent of Chip Kelly? We have the pieces and he talent up front (excepting maybe this VLC situation which really needs to be remedied with a first line winger) but the mind devising their attack is still getting his coaching feet wet.

They need to transition and attack smarter. They've shown hints of it here and there during the post deadline stretch run, but they tensed up and buckled down in the playoffs and that lack of creativity is what cost them.

I agree in Carter to some extent, but I think his game has improved overall. We were using him wrong anyway.

Imagine that guy sluggishly trailing up behind G and Jake now and (being open because he's so far behind the play) and taking passes in the slot so he can unload that shot from a decent % area... Yeah I think we'd benefit from it.

Of course there ain't no jake if we'd have kept carter so it's all just academic.

For whatever reason ( and I think it was the yellow press IMHO) lots of folks just don't like carter. They say he was lazy even though he'd score 35 goals or more consistently. They'd say he had no heart and never sacrificed even though he trudged through the '10 playoffs on two broken feet (one from blocking a shot).

He wasn't bob Clarke. And I don't want him back, but I hate when some folks here paint him as a horrible player. He made the Olympic team that Giroux did not. Blame yzetman for being a jack ass maybe, but Carter just ain't horrible. We can't make that work even with fuzzy math.

Speaking of guys I don't want back, I honestly really think that Bryzgalov was going through some serious emotional issues while here.

He didn't just have some good games he had amazing stretches. He holds team records for shutouts, he won a boat load of games.

But he was a two years ahead of Neil Degrasse Tyson on this cosmos hosting gig -there just wasn't a show for him to host yet- and his friend was mauled to death by a bear and everyone just made fun of him for it.

I don't blame Bryz. I blame Homer for not vetting this guy. He was quite clearly NEVER going to work out in this market with this press. NEVER. The 24/7 show on top of all that killed him, I'm convinced.

He should never have been brought in. He's a small market guy and will probably do fine when not under such scrutiny. I think he had issues.

I'm glad the problem has been corrected and he's gone. Now if my hot dog and tickets could just cost 15% less for not having to pay him to leave I'd be happier about it.

The funny thing with Carter is, if he'd never played for Philly (meaning Flyer fans would have seen plenty of highlights but not many full games) he'd be one of those guys coveted here as a goal scorer.

As for Bryz - I honestly don't think I ever saw a goalie let in as many bad goals as him in his short tenure here. He played well at times, but he was so horribly inconsistent. He played like you'd expect an 18 year to play.

@King Knut

I personally didn't mind Carter. He wasn't anywhere near as bad as he was made out to be...actually, he got his stick in a lot of passing lanes defensively. Most goal scorers just don't backcheck. That said, i'm pretty happy about the return we got.

@King Knut  I dunno bro, when you lose a 7 game series by 1 goal, and you top goalie misses the first 3 games, you can make a real case that we can and really should have beat them. Great teams overcome, this obviously was not a great team, but I maintain we are slightly better than the Rangers.

We went to Costa Rica. Missed games 4 and 5...caught period 2 of game 6 and game 7. And watched the first Habs/Bruins game periods 3,4,5 with Lester Mclean (the TSN music guy).

It was a lot less stressful.

I'm kinda the gawking car crash type, wanna know how it happened etc...but in the end, the outcome is the same...and it sounds like you went through less emotional agony, good for you.