Just heard on WIP...Flyers press conf at 11:30 to announce FO changes

We all saw the writing on the wall when Hexy was brought in. He was a young, successful GM with the most important fact on his resume, FORMER FLYER. And he wasn't just "some" player, he was legendary. As much as I am happy that Homer moved on, I am nervous that he was made president. Could this be Bobby Clarke part II? Will Hexy have any more say than Homer? Or will it be the same old song and dance with Snider having another "yes" man who is loyal to a fault?

We obviously don't know and time will tell. One thing for sure though, our front office always seemed to be comprised of the legendary "bully" type players we all loved so much on the ice. I wonder who would win if Berube and Hexy dropped the gloves

Weren't we just told a week ago that everything was staying the same?

I mean I guess we knew Lukko needed to be replaced, but why go through the charade of misleading everyone last week?

Homer basically answered that. The short answer is that the team wanted to make the announcement at what they felt was the appropriate time and place. Which would be a PC specifically for that purpose. He said that last week they were there to talk about the team and the past season/playoffs. Unfortunately Snider said a little too much in response to a question or two, and Homer then was put in the position of having to deny, deny, deny.

Isn't it about time the Flyers hire Rick Tocchet to a front office position?

It can't be the next GM because that will be Hatcher or Pronger, but maybe he could VP in charge of the 50/50