Sabres reward their fans after a miserable year

Samifan

By raising ticket prices!

$1/ per seat per game 300 level

$4/ per seat per game 100 and 200 levels

Thought Pegula said he would drill another oil well if we wanted to make more money? Easier to squeeze it out of the loyal buffalo sports fan.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/05/07/buffalo-sabres-hike-season-tickets-4.html?page=all

Edited by Samifan

As someone who lives in WNY and hates the Sabres, that's all anyone is talking about around here. Callahan is from Rochester and lives here during the off season. The only way he comes " home" is if he decides money is more important than winning. Sabres won't be a legit cup contender during the length any potential contract may be.

@Samifan

Buffalo already is stockpiled with some excellent blueline prospects. They're going to either get another one this year, or a heck of a forward. And it looks like they'll either get McDavid or Eichel or Hanifin next year. They're sucking at the right time. I think they may well rebuild before Edmonton does.

I think it's likely Buffalo throws big dollars at Callahan and offers the captainship.

Money and the potential to become a hero for his hometown has to be alluring.

@flyercanuck If MacTavish stays the course with Edmonton and doesn't start changing things around there, they well could be. I'd have more faith in Murray than MacTavish as a GM, but who knows? Edmonton fans may dispute me because I admit to not having all that much knowledge on the subject, but I'm still confused as to why MacTavish got the GM job to begin with, other than his familiarity with the organization.

And Samifan, why would you hate the Sabres?  You live here.  Why would you hate them?  I just don't get that.   Its not like they are a rival of your team, or anything like that.  That is a lame statement.  

I am Philly born and bred but lived in Tonawanda for almost 10 years going to UB / Roswell Park for grad school and then working in Buffalo for a few years before being laid off and returing home to get a good job.  For undergrad I went to U of Roch. and took a bus once to see a Flyers Sabres game at the Aud and it was literally one of the most experiences of my life.  I thought the same thing that we were not a rival of yours and boy was I wrong at least according to Sabres fans.  The hatred for the Flyers in Buffalo by Sabres fans is bizarre and maniacal.  While Sabres fans should be hating teams like the Leafs and Bruins it is the Flyers that really get their panties in a bunch.  I have asked and asked all of my Buffalo friends and nobody can give me a straight answer.  From the answers I do get it seems to be a combo leftover butthurt from 1975 and jealousy about the Flyers being a wealthy team and perennial contender. 

All I know is that after spending almost 15 years of my life in WNY, due to the treatment I received from Sabres fans (I was not obnoxious about my fandom by the way) some of whom are still good friends of mine, I grew to despise the Sabres and took (and still take) great joy in their losing. Believe me,  I wanted to be friendly to them but it is just not possible and I totally see where @Samifan is coming from with his hatred for them.  I am right there with him on that. 

Edited by Poulin20

I am Philly born and bred but lived in Tonawanda for almost 10 years going to UB / Roswell Park for grad school and then working in Buffalo for a few years before being laid off and returing home to get a good job. For undergrad I went to U of Roch. and took a bus once to see a Flyers Sabres game at the Aud and it was literally one of the most experiences of my life. I thought the same thing that we were not a rival of yours and boy was I wrong at least according to Sabres fans. The hatred for the Flyers in Buffalo by Sabres fans is bizarre and maniacal. While Sabres fans should be hating teams like the Leafs and Bruins it is the Flyers that really get their panties in a bunch. I have asked and asked all of my Buffalo friends and nobody can give me a straight answer. From the answers I do get it seems to be a combo leftover butthurt from 1975 and jealousy about the Flyers being a wealthy team and perennial contender.

All I know is that after spending almost 15 years of my life in WNY, due to the treatment I received from Sabres fans (I was not obnoxious about my fandom by the way) some of whom are still good friends of mine, I grew to despise the Sabres and took (and still take) great joy in their losing. Believe me, I wanted to be friendly to them but it is just not possible and I totally see where @Samifan is coming from with his hatred for them. I am right there with him on that.

Sums it up perfectly! Thanks Poulin.

Junkie-living in WNY for most of my adult life I have taken an incredible amount of abuse because I do not love the Bufffalo Sabres or Buffalo Bills. Having a son that plays youth hockey and being a part time coach I have had to endure angry Sabres fans regularly at local rinks. The hatred reached a new level when I PROUDLY tell people I am a Flyers fan!! I have also been a season ticket holder for the Amerks for many years, not because I am a sheep for the Sabres but because I love the game of hockey and I want to support my local team. To your point that that I should not hate the Sabres because they are not Flyers rivals, the way Western New Yorkers have treated my son and I over the years because we dare to have an independent thought made them my rivals!

Edited by Samifan

The hatred for the Flyers in Buffalo by Sabres fans is bizarre and maniacal. While Sabres fans should be hating teams like the Leafs and Bruins it is the Flyers that really get their panties in a bunch. I have asked and asked all of my Buffalo friends and nobody can give me a straight answer. From the answers I do get it seems to be a combo leftover butthurt from 1975 and jealousy about the Flyers being a wealthy team and perennial contender.

Sums it up perfectly! Thanks Poulin.

Junkie-living in WNY for most of my adult life I have taken an incredible amount of abuse because I do not love the Bufffalo Sabres or Buffalo Bills. Having a son that plays youth hockey and being a part time coach I have had to endure angry Sabres fans regularly at local rinks. The hatred reached a new level when I PROUDLY tell people I am a Flyers fan!! I have also been a season ticket holder for the Amerks for many years, not because I am a sheep for the Sabres but because I love the game of hockey and I want to support my local team. To your point that that I should not hate the Sabres because they are not Flyers rivals, the way Western New Yorkers have treated my son and I over the years because we dare to have an independent thought made them my rivals!

I lived in Buffalo for two years and had a great time there, even wearing my Flyers hat and orange and black as much as possible.

The "hate" definitely stems back to 1975 and the defeat of the vaunted French Connection. I watched both buildings that the Flyers won Cups in demolished, and at the "Wake for the Aud" there was definitely some Flyer animosity. Then in the 1990s the Flyers met the Sabres in the playoffs five times in six years (3-2 Flyers).

But unless it's obnoxious - and the "angry parents" at youth hockey are inexcusable - I didn't have a problem with it. I'll allow that I spent the vast majority of my time in downtown Buffalo and, if anything, the worst I would get on a regular basis was "what's with the hat?"

As for the Leafs, etc. - a good STB friend of mine shocked his section when he showed up at his section wearing a Leafs jersey. Until he turned around and showed number 67 with the nameplate "LOSERS SINCE"

@ rad-Yes,a bunch of obnoxious youth hockey parents and fellow coaches! I have had my car keyed while parked at the rink because I have a Flyer license plate holder and window decal. As a season ticket holder for the Amerks, I hear it at every game because I do not drape myself in Sabres attire despite the fact I am wearing Amerks gear ( with a Flyers hat, LOL). What rubs me is that I continue to hear the BS year after year from alot of the same individuals. Yes I like the Flyers, no I have no interest in the Buffalo Sabres and all of the great things they have accomplished as a franchise :ph34r: my position hasnt changed so can we please change the topic. 

That being said, I am happy to say I HEARD NOTHING from anyone this season based on the fact the Sabres were the worst team in the league. Most I got was a few sour puss looks kinda like the one Lindy Ruff always has on his face.