Thornton fined for squirting water at Subban during game

pilldoc

@flyerrod

I'll take that raging wuss on my team all day long.

He is one of the last players I want to ever see in the O&B. Personally, I think he is an overrated D-man who gets bailed out by a better than average goalie in Price....

Just posted in the Pens/Rangers thread about Lundquist doing this to Crosby. Thornton was during the play so there is a difference I guess.

I would say its more than a difference "i guess". Lundqvist did it in support of his team mate on an evident witches broom / pitch fork stick move by crosby against moore. 

Thorntons play was just juvenile (from the bench). 

But then we could argue how juvenile crosby's incessant need to retaliate / attack an oppositions players jewels is as well. 

I will never forget when Domi dragged that fan into the penalty box to beat on him.  classic.  Just like Derek Sanderson back in the 70's climbing into the stands often to battle fans.  None of that will be tolerated any more.  But it takes some fun away.  Like the old bench clearing brawls. 

What does fan / player battles have to do with a player on player topic. You usually lose me in your nonsense, but this one is beyond reach. Why don't you just bring coach / fans battles into the thread as well. 

I will never forget when Domi dragged that fan into the penalty box to beat on him.  classic.

You need to take your memory pills. Domi did not "drag" anyone into the penalty box. He was being a douche and unprofessional by squirting his water bottle on fans while in the sin bin. A fan took exception to that and went after him (not wise, but aside from the point). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS_92eKcGMI

Oh wise one, how is you FHL playoff team doing? Oh that's right. second to last in the entire league (and would be last if not for Jammers monty python draft). 26 points for you. You can't even sniff a hockey players jock strap with that point total. 

He is one of the last players I want to ever see in the O&B. Personally, I think he is an overrated D-man who gets bailed out by a better than average goalie in Price....

Wow, that is harsh. The guy is nearly a ppg d-man in the playoffs the last two years and in the top 5 in production of d-men during the last two years and only 24 years old.....but he is one of the last players you would want to see in the O&B? Riddle me this: 

Karlson

Byfgulien

PK Subban

Who do you take?? 

Wow, that is harsh. The guy is nearly a ppg d-man in the playoffs the last two years and in the top 5 in production of d-men during the last two years and only 24 years old.....but he is one of the last players you would want to see in the O&B? Riddle me this: 

Karlson

Byfgulien

PK Subban

Who do you take?? 

I can certainly tell you the answer is not Byfuglien.

Assuming that Karlsson is Erik, I'll take him I think.

Karlson

Byfgulien

PK Subban

Who do you take?? 

Of that limited group, I would probably choose Karlsson from The Sens. Have you ever watched Subban play D? He reminds me of Letang with his playing actual defense when the mood hits him. PK Subban is and always will be a spoiled me,me,me brat with above average shooting skills. That is only my personal opinion of him and his game.

Of that limited group, I would probably choose Karlsson from The Sens. Have you ever watched Subban play D? He reminds me of Letang with his playing actual defense when the mood hits him. PK Subban is and always will be a spoiled me,me,me brat with above average shooting skills. That is only my personal opinion of him and his game.

Subban is better defensively than Letang. And above average shooting skills? The guy has a cannon of a shot.

Have you ever watched Subban play D? He reminds me of Letang with his playing actual defense when the mood hits him.

I sort of agree. Truthfully, he plays like a winger that is in the d-position. But I also think that about Karlson as well. That extra ice space gives them room to get the wheels going. The difference is that Subban can actually play some d. Karlson to me is a complete glorified winger playing the d position. 

At the end of the day, I would have ZERO problem having Subban on my team. He chews up big minutes, is not a liability and is excellent at qb'ing the PP. 

When the mood strikes him, yes he is. He doesn't seem to be struck by that mood very often.......

He's leading his team in points, 3rd in hits, 5th in blocked shots. Him and Price are THE reason Montreal is still playing.