Game 7 Rangers at Penguins

yave1964

who are you rooting for  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What are you rooting for in game 7

• Rangers win
    • Penguins win
    • injuries. Lots of injuries

Tonight is game 7 between the Rangers and the Penguins, it has been a fun series, tonight is for all of the marbles. How do you see it? I picked the Rangers before the series began, gonna have to stick with it moving forward.

I just can't see the Penguins losing this on home ice. All in all it's been a puzzling series that revolves around Lundqvist. Like the Flyers, the Penguins seem to be putting too much effort into solving the Rangers goalie. From my stand point, I would put all my eggs into deflating the Rangers' defense and just pepper the living $*** out of Lundqvist. 

The style of play that the Rangers bring is just appalling. It reminds me of the 90-00's Devils minus the blatant trap.  It's defense first, clog the neutral zone, pounce on the opportunity type hockey. It is boring and it is something that I'd expect to see 15 years ago.

In any case, I think the Penguins are going to come out on fire. The keys to this game is: Crosby and Fleury. Crosby has to lead by example, 9 pts and a minus 3 isn't getting it done. Fleury needs to be a wall in net and probably let his defense handle the puck rather than himself. 

If the Rangers win, they certainly earned it and staved off the best two opponents in the division. 

My thoughts going forward: Pitt v Boston or NYR vs MTL would be the best match up for good hockey. 

Tonight is game 7 between the Rangers and the Penguins, it has been a fun series, tonight is for all of the marbles. How do you see it? I picked the Rangers before the series began, gonna have to stick with it moving forward.

I hope the Rangers win and I have a new found admiration for Lundqvist after he sprayed Crosby in the face. That being said, I am sure Uncle Gary wants the Penguins to advance so he will pull out all of the stops tonight. ;)

I hate watching the Rangers style of play. But in a game 7 it's hard not to take Lundquist over Fleury. Of course if Crosby decides to focus on the game instead of whatever it is he's focussed on (mens mid-sections?) he could be the deciding factor. Hopefully it's a great game.

None of the Pens fans want Kunitz suspended for suckerpunching a guy and then hitting him again when he was down? ;)

I hate watching the Rangers style of play. But in a game 7 it's hard not to take Lundquist over Fleury. Of course if Crosby decides to focus on the game instead of whatever it is he's focussed on (mens mid-sections?) he could be the deciding factor. Hopefully it's a great game.

None of the Pens fans want Kunitz suspended for suckerpunching a guy and then hitting him again when he was down? ;)

No more than we want Brad Richards fined for spearing Crosby's nuts.  Ironically, no one caught that one. ;) No one missed Crosby spearing that Ranger though! (Sarcasm)

It's an odd postseason when guys are getting docked for using their water bottles as squirt guns and but not for using their sticks as spears.

It's an odd postseason when guys are getting docked for using their water bottles as squirt guns and but not for using their sticks as spears.

Sounds Like a Fresh perspective on penalties. Somewhere Ed Snider is upset LOL!

I predict this game may be a really frustrating one to watch.  I would expect loads of neutral zone play with hooks and holds from both teams going uncalled which will cause both teams fans to complain about the officiating.  If the Pens don't dump the puck deep and retrieve and continue to try to skate through the fence set up at the blue line, it could be a long night for the home team.   Hey and how about a little urgency on the part of the power play tonight.

Rick Nash is due.

Used to love the player. But watching him play, with his talent, just sickens me. I guess the NY P u s s y it just too much for him to handle. The counterside is that I love how the players that Columbus received in that trade play. 

Rick Nash trade winner / loser: Not even a question> Columbus. 

I picked Rangers from the beginning and I'm sticking with it for game 7. Lundqvist is looking solid, fleury has kind of looking ify-ify to me. But who knows that could change tonight.

Should be a great game and good way to kill time till my game 6 chi.vs mn.

Edited by MinnyNorthernLights

Still going with the Rangers. 

Blysma's last game as coach of the Penguins?

It could be his last game, that is for sure. Losing in the second round might be the kiss of death.

Who knows, maybe the Sharks and Penguins could just trade coaches.....

Well I didn't expect this especially after game 4 where the Rags looked whipped.

Have to give them credit though, they are making the plays that win games and taking advantage of the breaks that go their way.

I have to imagine this loss feels similar for pens fans as the loss the year the flyers got swept by the Bruins, you just knew change was a-coming.

Well I didn't expect this especially after game 4 where the Rags looked whipped.

The Rangers looking whipped in game 4 was do to the effects of the scheduling.

@Polaris922

Well they didn't lose due to Fleury. He had  a pretty good postseason other than the odd bump in the road. Crosby looked lost. like a little whiney biotch. Neal was terrible (he's an average player without Malkin). Martin had a nice playoff as well.

fixed it for you ;)

fixed it for you ;)

Actually you should be praising Crosby for his composure. All the abuse he took, including at least a half dozen shits directly to the head, plus all the frustration being unable to produce, and he only acted out ONCE in 7 games. And that was purely retaliatory! I give him a lot of credit for keeping his composure.

Polaris, to be fair I did not watch much of the series. I have read on the forum here the officiating wasn't the best and alot of stuff was missed or ignored. That being said, what little I did see, it seemed like Crosby was always chirping to the ref at the end of every one of his shifts.

Were all of his "conversations" with the refs justified or anything another superstar would not do? Probably not but it's fun to make a little fun at Crosby (speaking as a stanley cup starved flyers fan)!

Edited by Samifan

Crosby is not even half as good as Super Mariio was.  I mean, not even deserving of comparison.  Mario was just plain unstoppable.  Crosby is a very good player.  But I do not think he is even the best any more

He isn't Gretzky. Or Orr. or Lemieux. But for a guy who has a decent winger on one side and a not-so decent winger on the other he sure ran away with the Art Ross trophy.

Crosby is not even half as good as Super Mariio was.  I mean, not even deserving of comparison.  Mario was just plain unstoppable.  Crosby is a very good player.  But I do not think he is even the best any more

I will happily argue that point with you anywhere at anytime.  Have they fallen short?  Yes.. but the Penguins have still won more playoff series' under Bylsma than any other teams out there with the exceptions of Chicago and Boston.  And a LOT of that is attributable to Crosby.  He's the best, hands down.. but he's struggled mightily these past two playoff seasons for some reason.  

I will happily argue that point with you anywhere at anytime.  Have they fallen short?  Yes.. but the Penguins have still won more playoff series' under Bylsma than any other teams out there with the exceptions of Chicago and Boston.  And a LOT of that is attributable to Crosby.  He's the best, hands down.. but he's struggled mightily these past two playoff seasons for some reason.  

I'll take Toews over Crosby for sure, any day of the week. He is NOT the best, hands down.  Crosby might, MIGHT still be the best offensive player in the game, but there are at least 5 players right now that I would take over #87.  Bylsma might take the axe for their lack of production, but his players fold up and get blown away from the playoffs like a cheap tent. It's not his fault, but it's always easier to fire the coach then the players (see Laviolette).