Dennis Rasmussen

hf101

As per report by Metzler --- * Swedish newspaper Expressen stated yesterday that the Flyers, among other teams, are scouting forward Dennis Rasmussen at the IIHF World Championships. The Canucks are also one of the frontrunners for Rasmussen's services.  The 23-year-old Rasmussen is a big-framed two-way forward who can play wing as well as center and that Rasmussen has what it takes to play in the NHL.   He is one of the top penalty killing forwards in the SHL and ranked in the league's top 10 in scoring with 40 points (16 goals, 24 assists).

Meltzer also wrote about him in a earlier blog.  http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58997

@hf101

Read that yesterday on HF. Sounds like an interesting pickup if they can make it happen.

Yes we were throwing that around in the shoutbox yesterday after noon.

I posted the actual clip from the paper i'll did it out and post it with two youtube clips.

Foe just 23 kid has nice speed and size. And can play LW. Yes i'm really interested sure would be disappointed to lose out on him to the Canucks. 

The clip in the paper Meltzer was referring to. You'll have to translate it on chrome.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/vaxhttp://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/vaxjos-storstjarna-ar-aktuell-for-spel-i-nhl/jos-storstjarna-ar-aktuell-for-spel-i-nhl/

He wears #40..so Vinny you have to go!!!  :D

Also...

Throughout this season, Rasmussen has played on a line with veteran Finnish forward Tomi Kallio (who very briefly played for the Flyers during his NHL career). Kallio told Hockey Sverige that he is "one hundred percent certain" that Rasmussen will play in the NHL as soon as next season.

Come on Hexy get this guy signed he put up some damn good numbers in the SHL. But like Folin i won't get my hopes up.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9985

2013-14 in the SHL:  52 gp 16 gls 24 ast 40 pts 20 pim +6

please guy temper expectations remember it's his call(Folin)...thank God we do have some Swedes....to Sweded talk him. :ph34r:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Please don't ever allow those gigantic ads on the ice in the NHL. Or turn the uniforms into nascar jackets.

Man i wish you hadn't just said that.......you just jinxed us. You know they are ad hos and they maybe already considering it.

But seriously no i like it just the way it is no need for change there....please Lord no.

Its really hard to gauge guys on the BIG ice to the small ice for me with all that time and space...but explains why there are so many good goalies over there hell you have to be it seems or you're gonna get lit up. 

Please don't ever allow those gigantic ads on the ice in the NHL. Or turn the uniforms into nascar jackets.

The down side due to his age the max deal he can sign if i'm right is just a 2 year deal.

Isn't that a good thing?

Yes and no. Yes it's short if he bombs. If he looks damn good then there would only be room for a 1 year bridge deal before he is 27. I'm not sure i ever heard of a 1 yr bridge deal before.

But i guess they'll figure it out.

The perfect example of a ELC with the max $s would 3x 925K. But yes lets get him signed and we could live with it.

I hope Hexy is just better at these contract negotiations than Homer. We'll see what Hexy does with Schenn. 

Edited by OccamsRazor

If he busts, we don't have 5 years of caphell.

Well yes with the CBA its built in they can't even do that the max ELC for his age is 2 years maybe we should just call it the Homer rule. And i have know problem with him or anyone like Raffl coming in and earning it...in fact that is my preference. But no need to worry till they sign him first.

I don't want to count our chickens before they hatch. 

Hey maybe they could offer his team mate Oscar Moller a  contract too....get them both into the fold it's worth a look he's only 25 That give them another LW and RW for someone to center. And it shouldn't be costly. Hexy get on the phone.

They're both available.

Also notice Linus Klasen picked up 4 assit in todays win he'd be worth a look as well.

Linus...

We could use him in the shootout!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

I'll never have a problem with paying a player who earns it

Don't get me wrong i still like Rassmussen and would still sign him if possible but he hasn't done awhole lot in the tourment from what i've seen maybe more a bottom 6 type guy maybe.

The guy i sign is Jori Lehterä kid has been all over the place and has damn good hands and speed is only 26 and has good size 6-2 212!!! This guy can come in and play with Giroux and Jake i believe without a doubt. They need to sign him before other hop on his train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4OZdGn-nI

Not the best video that shows a lot of his moves and skills but one of the few i can find and it's a year old but i've watced every game of Finland and USA WC games and he has been really really good.

Another:

He played more LW and center this tournament. So We also have a shortage of Finns need to replenish the supplies.  :D

Any how that is my scouting report.

http://www.iihfworlds2014.com/en/teams/Finland#list

He scored the first and last goals in Finland 3-0 win today verse Czech republic. He was signed in 2009 by the Blues but never came over so i'm sure he is a free agent.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

He's got a year remaining on his KHL contract. But when that expires, the Blues won't have his rights anymore. He's told them he doesn't want to play in the NHL, but that could change.

I seen this on Bill's twitter feed...

Dennis Rasmussen will make a decision on next season by June 15, per SMP. Has NHL and KHL offers but unlikely to choose KHL.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

My comment on the contract was referring to Jori Lehterä who you brought up in your post prior to it.

Yeah i know this was a Rassmusen thread but i hijacked it...with your help!!!!!!!!!  :ph34r:

It was an update for Rassmusen and he status kinda...not to dispute what you said....now back to our regularly scheduled hi jacking!!!!!!!!!  :D

Another free agent looking for a contract i sure hope Hexy is making phone calls on these guys...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5009

Seems to be a few guys out there besides Rassmussen looking to come over. He put up some pretty good numbers in the SHL.

@flyercanuck

Well there goes that idea from the post above on Simon Hjalmarsson.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5009

Bluejackets just signed him.....damnit!!!!!!!!!

NHL Transactionist @NHLTransactions

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Signed forward Simon Hjalmarsson to a one-year, two- way contract.

damn it knew someone was going to........he put up better numbers in the SHL than Rassmussen.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9985

Now watch Rassmussen sign in Vancouver now.

Edited by OccamsRazor

It's not confirmed but it doesn't sound good...

http://blackhawkup.com/2014/06/09/dennis-rasmussen-sign-blackhawks/

Hawks have waaaay more Swedes.

Oduya, Hjalmarsson, Kruger, Runblad, Nordstrom.

Flyers only have two GrossmanN, Hagg and already has dissed one in Gus. I'm not shocked kind of expected it...just expected him to Canucks.

@OccamsRazor  Ya know, I'm ok with him signing somewhere else. There is undeniable talent there, but he will be in the drivers seat because of the 5 team bidding war. His agent can demand a one way deal and a guaranteed roster spot, all to a guy who has not played one second in North America. I understand he has leverage and would be wise to use that to his advantage, but I'd rather pass than guarantee a roster spot to someone who has not played on this side of the pond. I would fear a guy like Rinaldo would lose their roster spot in this type of scenario. The one thing we do know, is Zac makes the Flyers tougher to play against....would Rasmussen bring the same type of work ethic to the table? I guess the pts would help counter any snarl lost, but I'm opposed to a guy getting a roster spot handed to him, just on principal.....if indeed that is what his agent is cooking up.....and I think it is.

Of course, the other part of the equation is he's not good enough to be in the Flyers top 6, will his skill set translate well to a bottom six role in the NHL?  It would probably be a bottom 3 thing anyways, cause Cooter and Read are not getting bumped from the 3rd line anytime soon.

Ya know, I'm ok with him signing somewhere else.

Yeah i am too and if it was the guaranteed roster spot that was the deal breaker i'm fine with that...i'm old school and blue collar and i don't believe in handing anyone anything....it must be earned, just like Raffl did so i'm ok with him taking his talent to Chicago.

The translation from one league to another isn't certain...see Mika Pyorala.

@OccamsRazor  Weird, Rasmussen played all 3 years with the same squad, but the first 2 years were in the Swedish Elite League. His club team must have switched over to the Swedish Hockey League after his first 2 years. Regardless, I put a lot more stock in the stats from those leagues than the KHL. Any league where the one balled wonder Thoerson is top 10 in scoring is an complete joke if you ask me.