Who?

fanaticV3.0

So...the Rags and Montreal.

Who the hell are these people again? That's what I was thinking when I was watching the first round series against the Rags. Make no mistake, I'm not saying "this could have been us", but I find myself saying "The Rangers aren't even that good" many times this post season. Yeah, yeah, massive comeback. I know. It's still not the majority of the POs, which frankly they haven't looked like anything special. Are they and Montreal just (mostly before someone has a stroke) riding on the coat tails of a hot goalie?

If the West doesn't win the Cup I will be shocked.

@fanaticV3.0

The Rangers are a good team that plays a solid defense first style, coupled with one of the better net minders in hockey. The Penguins absolutely collapsed and Montreal is a fast team that put up numbers. I don't see why either team shouldn't be in the finals. 

I can see MTL beating the Rangers and winning the whole prize.

@fanaticV3.0

The Rangers are a good team that plays a solid defense first style, coupled with one of the better net minders in hockey. The Penguins absolutely collapsed and Montreal is a fast team that put up numbers. I don't see why either team shouldn't be in the finals. 

I can see MTL beating the Rangers and winning the whole prize.

Good or currently playing well? Because there's a difference. They only had two more points than we did in the regular season, we're not anything special, and they had to go 7 games to get by us. They aren't especially consistent or dominant. Like us, they are kinda streaky, only a little better.

Montreal should beat the Rags, but who the hell knows this year.

@fanaticV3.0

"Montreal should beat the Rags, but who the hell knows this year." I can agree with that statement.....

I think the defensive style is what I think is slowing offensively talented teams (Flyers, Penguins) down. Couple that with their goalie and it is quite the quagmire to figure out. They (Rangers) looked bad in October and December, but over all aren't really a dark horse for where they are at. Montreal's speed is going to give them fits; however, Price is going to have to be above average if they want to win.

I think LA or Chicago come out of the West and Montreal in the East. 

The new playoff format at least makes it somewhat interesting with the Div match-ups. The Cake Walks are done. The old format (assuming the old divisions) would have looked like:

1) Bruins v Caps (Bruins win)

2) Penguins v BJs (Pens win)

3) Lightning v Flyers (Lightning win)

4) Montreal v Rangers (time will tell)

Round 2: 

1) Bruins v Montreal (Montreal wins) 

2) Pens v Lightning (Pens win)

Round 3: 

1) Montreal v Pens (Pens win)

This is hypothetical of course

Edited by Bertmega