Eastern Finals: Canadiens vs Rangers

hf101

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will earn the right to play for Lord Stanley's Cup?

Vanek: ZERO goals and two assists in the series against the Rangers. Hardly a beast!

Add into that in 17 gp: 10 pts (5g / 5a), 4 of the points were on the powerplay. He was a -4, so of his 6 even strength points, only 2 were of significance and not negated the other way. ZERO, repeat, ZERO game winning or game tying goals. 

Look at his history, nice player during the regular season, turtles up in the playoffs. I am not sure that its because he plays soft because he is not physical to begin with despite his size, but we all know that in the playoffs time and space shrink enormously.

His UFA stock dropped significantly IMO during this playoffs. I think you will be seeing 5.5m for him and nothing more. 

You just wont admit he is a great player and if he lands on right team like minny, look out.

He is a great player during the regular season. During the post, he is ho hum (I would say the same about John Leclaire who is one of my all time fav lw). 

He did not play a great game. Therien thought so as well. Thats why Vanek only played 12 minutes the entire game. In that 12 minutes, 1 shot. 2 gva / 2 tka. 2 hits and 1:40 of PP time (where his lone shot came from). 

That surely = great player to me. Looks like he certainly rose to the occasion. I am not sure I heard his name called once to be the hero in the third, let alone try and be the hero. 

Overratted. Nice guy to help you get into the playoffs, but a a shadow once you get there. 

Therien is a knuckle head.

Maybe so, but Therien has a ring (regardless the cast he accomplished it with). I will reiterate again, he is great during the regular season, but wilts in the playoffs. 2 gwg in 53 playoff games. Less than .5 ppg in those games and a -9. If I am a team on the bubble to make the playoffs, I sign him up to get me over the edge. If I am a team that wants to advance in the playoffs, he is not my horse, or donkey for that matter. 

No offense.