Western Finals: Blackhawks vs Kings

hf101

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will earn the right to play for Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Chicago
    • Los Angeles

The Blackhawks have won all 3 regular season matches in regulation against the Kings this season.  Some will think that the balance attack of the Hawks will again defeat the Kings to play for Lord Stanley's Cup, but I'm going against the odds as I think the Kings can defeat the defending Champs.   Kings in 6

What do you all think?  Who earns the chance to play for the Cup?

Chicago in six. I was shocked when they lost the division title, shocked when they fell behind the Blues 2-0 but then they remembered who they are thanks to the best captain in the game today.

I guess Joel Quenville is skaking things up a bit. Zeus (really??  I mean *really*??) has been demoted to the 3rd/4th line and the Hawks are supposedly replacing him on the 2nd line with either Andrew Shaw or Ben Smith. Either one will offer much more offense than Zeus could hope to muster at this point. Zeus is barely hanging on, looks like he is laboring hard to keep up....but then again, he was doing that a decade ago....LOL! 

Zeus is barely hanging on, looks like he is laboring hard to keep up....but then again, he was doing that a decade ago....LOL! 

True (and funny). Call Polaris to see if anyone can find "prime time" Kane, Sharpe, or Hossa. 

Crazy game last night!

Hawks started furiously, but the Kings reacted before they even noticed.

I expected Toews to step up for this one, but it was Kane instead. Glad to see him shine after a few weaker games.

Crazy game last night!

Hawks started furiously, but the Kings reacted before they even noticed.

I expected Toews to step up for this one, but it was Kane instead. Glad to see him shine after a few weaker games.

Welcome to the forum! Great win by your boys last night, Saad is a star in the making, he was easily the best player in the game last night.

Welcome to the forum! Great win by your boys last night, Saad is a star in the making, he was easily the best player in the game last night.

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Agreed, Saad was a beast last night, hopefully he can make the same progress next year!

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Agreed, Saad was a beast last night, hopefully he can make the same progress next year!

I have heard whispers that the Hawks may consider buying out Hossa in the offseason (they have both Kane and Toews to get tied up in the next year) and Saad is expected to step up along with Teravainen. The talent just keeps coming thru the pipeline. Now if you can only get a real 2nd line center.......

Hawks gain a little momentum back in game 5, so I'm hoping they could take advantage in the first period. 

If they can go back to the dressing room with a lead after 20 mins, I don't see them giving it away.

give us our NY/LA big market dream series.      

I guess the reining champion chicago blackhawks are a small market team? They have led the league the last three years in home and road draw. LA has been between 7th - 11th. 

In LA, its like the analogy that how many greatful dead fans are there? Enough to sell out each show. 

I am torn. I like both western conference teams. The fact that there were 3 original 6 teams in the final four was impressive. I truthfully would like to see an old school original  scf (chi - nyr).