Memorial Cup Thread

flyercanuck

You would not think that way if you met him in person. His on ice persona is night and day with Tie. Just a super nice guy. My best friend is 1st counsins with him (their Mom's are sisters). When I'm in Toronto, I stay at the Domi family residence, they open their house to me like I'm family. An one of them would give you the shirt off their backs, (which would be nice if it was Tie's sister, who is pretty hot believe it or not....lol)

I find this virtually impossible to believe. I'm not sure I want to believe it. Next you'll try to tell me that Sean Avery is a prince among men?

@JackStraw  ha ha....it is true, you'll have to take my work on it. Super nice guy. I remember the first time I met him, I begged him to beat up Chris Chelois....lol. This was when he was a 2nd year player....he responded, I'm friends with Chris, can you pick somebody else?  I told him Probert and he said, "now that, I can do"....it was pretty funny.

@jammer2

Tie may have a good side, but anyone who calls the media for a photo-op whenever he's going to do charity work is a flake. I'm sure his wife and kids are proud of the whole Stronach soap opera as well. I'm guessing he was really thinking of everybody but himself on that one.

As for Max, I haven't seen such a "ME" player on a good team in a long time. You'd think the Hunters would have put a stop to that. If Dales going to bench Ovechkin for it, why doesn't he do the same to Domi? I was just laughing and shaking my head almost everytime he got the puck. He actually thinks he can go through a whole team. Great hands...no brain.

Curtis Lazar (Sens got a keeper with this kid) scored in triple OT to give the Oil Kings a birth in the Memorial Cup Championship. Guilliame Gelinas scored for Val D'or with just over 30 seconds left to send the game into overtime. Edmonton will play Guelph on Sunday for all the marbles.

Oil Kings played a phenominal game and beat Guleph 6-3 to win the Memorial Cup. Henrick Samuelsson was a one man wrecking crew with 2 goals and 3 assists. Going into the 3rd it was 4-2 and Guelph scored early to make it a one goal game. I thought "here they go" but Edmonton scored quickly to regain the two goal lead. A win well deserved as they took it to the favoured Storm for most of the game.

@OccamsRazor

Those are fine numbers...but 5'11" 170 lbs is pretty small.

That is Tokarski size (with a little more muscle) but this proves your point...kind of...with a little more size say just for example Stolarz height his shoulder is up higher and his shoulder alone would stop this shot even if he goes down. Why size now days is so important.

854481776.gif?1401074584

@OccamsRazor

Guelphs goalie is pretty small. He's about 5'10" and 160. The guy had a great year and a great playoff run. But Edmonton just kept going upstairs with every shot and he plays just like Tokarski...he's down before the pucks off the stick. Every goal looked like that, maybe not from that angle, but over his shoulder just like that.

@OccamsRazor

Guelphs goalie is pretty small. He's about 5'10" and 160. The guy had a great year and a great playoff run. But Edmonton just kept going upstairs with every shot and he plays just like Tokarski...he's down before the pucks off the stick. Every goal looked like that, maybe not from that angle, but over his shoulder just like that.

Yes and with great sniping shot like that it's understandable why so many scouts stress "you can't teach size" and why if you look around there are a lot of huge goalies in this league.

Gone are the days of the Grant Fuhr (5-10) Mike Vernon (5-9) days thise guys today would get lit the phuck up.

The Pekka Rinne's are the prototypical goalies of the future....eat up net space...and once they come out and cut down the angle there is nothing to shoot at.

I certainly would love for the Flyers to add a goalie with the 2nd or 3rd pick they need more prospects in net.

I know you know this just stating more of the obvious of how goalies and their equipment have evolved. 

Edited by OccamsRazor