Crosby is the Problem!

hf101

@ Polaris:

I have never said it is all on Crosby. In fact I agree w/ you and have written about 87 playing hard and pressing this series. Shero is the guy I think deserves the blame and think he was completely overrated. Bylsma should be blamed too and he is as good as toast anyway. To me the problems are taken care of for the most part.

There is work to be done when it comes to the new GM but I think your Cap situation is grossly over exaggerated. You can resign and bring in pieces so it is not like they are just going to disappear.

Being the Captain of an NHL Team is like being a NFL QB - when you win you are highly regarded and when you lose you are over-scrutinized. Ask Mike Richards, Giroux, 88, etc...! It is the way of the world and the only way to stop the 2nd guessing about his leadership is to go out and do it on the ice. Personally, I could care less what he does b/c there will always be drama that follows him - essentially, it is pretty lonely on top and people will always be looking for something. I respect the hell out of his ability and he could be pulling circus tricks on the ice and I would still think he is the best.

Scrutinizing any player (Corsby to Rinaldo to Hall to Cooke) is part of the game and frankly there is nothing wrong with it. Speaking about my experience most of my friendly Pens fans can't tolerate anything bad being said about Sid - anything. We get it - he is a GREAT player but there is not a single player that is or should be free from scrutiny amongst fanbases.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding your previous posts. I interpreted them to be overly critical of Sid, with insults included, and calling B21, Noss and myself "apologists". If your intention was more people you know elsewhere then I missed that.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding your previous posts. I interpreted them to be overly critical of Sid, with insults included, and calling B21, Noss and myself "apologists". If your intention was more people you know elsewhere then I missed that.

:blink:

The day Giroux punches a guy from behind square in the nuts while another Flyer holds him ... LOL!

(sorry Crosby fans but you have to admit that is a tough one to let go)

and now back to your regularly-scheduled broadcast.

The day Giroux punches a guy from behind square in the nuts while another Flyer holds him ... LOL!

(sorry Crosby fans but you have to admit that is a tough one to let go)

and now back to your regularly-scheduled broadcast.

Technically it was in the padded rectum ;)

Well, B21 is an apologist ;)

(joking of course)

I would put B21, noss and Polaris as the leader of the pack in terms of level-headed Pens fans... I apologize for any confusion.

Wait, I'm using my logic I learned in Philosophy 101 back in college here

A: B21, noss and Polaris are level headed Pens fans

B: B21, Noss and Polaris are ALL the Pens fans on this board

therefore

C: All Pens fans are level headed

Murray, thanks for clearing that up for us.(Yeah I probably skipped something there, but being a Pens fan, I just can't see it. ) :ph34r:

• Like 1

Technically it was in the padded rectum ;)

Crosby apologist!

But okay...if it really was in the ol' rectal region and not the nutsacklial zone ...I gues he gets a pass!

Crosby apologist!

But okay...if it really was in the ol' rectal region and not the nutsacklial zone ...I gues he gets a pass!

Man - I'n not sure on that one.  One recover's from a shot to the nuts.  That first visit to the proctologist scars you for life. :o  :o

Well, B21 is an apologist ;)

(joking of course)

I would put B21, noss and Polaris as the leader of the pack in terms of level-headed Pens fans... I apologize for any confusion.

All good.  Though there are only 3 of us here. ;)  :wacko:

I'm not saying he's perfect by any means. But anyone who would actually trade away Crosby should be beheaded like Ned Stark. That's an extreme, burn-the-whole-thing down approach that, quite frankly, makes no sense. Does Crosby still have room to grow, mature, and learn? Does he need to find a new way to lead veterans and rookies alike across turbulent times? Absolutely. But that's a far cry from actually trading the best player in a generation because he's only won you ONE Cup, saved the franchise, and basically sold out the arena for like 5 years.

Purely speculation, but this could be a remaining symptom of the concussions he suffered. He may, in fact, never "mature," because it could no longer be a question of maturity, but of health. Things change when your brain gets damaged, and it's easy to miss because it often doesn't happen all at once, and these injuries effect everyone differently.

Purely speculation, but this could be a remaining symptom of the concussions he suffered. He may, in fact, never "mature," because it could no longer be a question of maturity, but of health. Things change when your brain gets damaged, and it's easy to miss because it often doesn't happen all at once, and these injuries effect everyone differently.

There's absolutely no way to know, but most concussions have no long term effects until compounded by repeated concussions. The kid is only 26 and never known anything but hockey. I'm sure there's a lot of room to mature. Most 26 year old men are still maturing, and I doubt he'd be any different despite the skills he has.

There's absolutely no way to know, but most concussions have no long term effects until compounded by repeated concussions. The kid is only 26 and never known anything but hockey. I'm sure there's a lot of room to mature. Most 26 year old men are still maturing, and I doubt he'd be any different despite the skills he has.

Agree about the maturing 26 year old. Disagree heartily regarding the concussions.

CTE

http://www.bu.edu/cte/about/what-is-cte/

There is a way to know...postmortem .

He has exhibited enough symptoms already to strongly suspect this "disease".

Agree about the maturing 26 year old. Disagree heartily regarding the concussions.

CTE

http://www.bu.edu/cte/about/what-is-cte/

There is a way to know...postmortem .

He has exhibited enough symptoms already to strongly suspect this "disease".

The docs I have to sit in with say that's one indicator but not a guarantee. There can be permanent injury without any physical indicators.

Bieber fan are we? :blink:

Negative. But we sure owe Canada for that one.....eh? EH?  ;)

I do know who Frank Zappa is.  Don't know nearly enough about him to know that Dinah-Moe Humm was a song on the 17th studio album (Over-Nite-Sensation) released by he and The Mothers of Invention.  Thank you, Wikipedia.

@B21

Hey, you guys are the ones with the "boy band fascination" not us. :huh:

I'm a big Zappa fan and remember congratulating Dinah Moe Humm for his great choice in username. Got to see Frank live twice. Wild rhinos couldn't drag me to a Bieber concert.