Everyone was laughing but... O.M.G!

dear lord that would be the greatest gift to a Flyers fan ever...  

I think there would be a little love triangle there w/ Piere, Sidney and Mario - I mean, Christ, come on!  Look at those 3 names next to each other :blink: !!  Sounds like a headliner at the Birdcage in Key West!

Edited by murraycraven

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Prisuta@DVEMike1h

According to multiple sources, Pierre McGuire has been telling associates he'll be in Pittsburgh today/tonight for 2nd GM interview w/Pens

If Pierre is being courted by a talented "win now" type team, where there is no real margin for mistakes....it seems to me, it's only a matter of time before he actually becomes an NHL GM....as odd as that sounds. I'm thinking Pittsburgh is not the only team that has him on a short list. Of course, the other side of the fence is the Pens are totally thinking outside the box (literally....LOL!) and the rest of the leagues GM's are snickering up a storm right now.

@jammer2

or on the other hand he could royally screw the Pens for the next decade.  I know he has the smarts as far as scouting and knowing  players from juniors on up....BUT that does replace the fact that you need to have some type of experience to be a GM.   

He could very well be a an up and coming GM for an NHL club, but the Pens is not for him to get his baptism by fire. (just my opinion)

However, your are correct that the rest of the league is snickering right now.  The forum will have a field day if it actually comes to fruition.

Regardless, the Pens need to make a decision soon as the the draft is in 4 weeks and Bylsma is still hanging out there in the wind.........

@pilldoc  Thing is, he is super smart at identifying prospects etc....but more often than not, he came across as a yes man for almost every prospect. He was rarely critical when talking about a player, and really...listing and acknowledging weaknesses in a youngsters game goes a long way towards that kids skill set not translating to the NHL level. I question that lack of criticism.

• Like 1