Prust with 2 game suspension

hf101

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is a 2 Game Suspension the right call on the play?

• yes
    • no

@ruxpin

@canoli

Lots of great suggestions and ideas. But the real key here is the NHLPA.  I'm waiting for them to step up here, well been waiting for quite some time.   They're here to protect their members. But that protection should not just be in the form fighting the NHL on fines and suspensions, how does the NHLPA propose to protect the players from themselves.

The NHL could try to up fines and suspensions, but the NHLPA probably will not let it.   The suspensions are a joke because of the CBA.   The fines are a joke, because of the CBA.

The league should hand over all discipline to the NHLPA, and let them deal with it.  Let's see them deal with the players that they represent, both the good and the bad.  And when a lawsuit comes, let it fall on them also for not doing enough.

@ruxpin

@canoli

Lots of great suggestions and ideas. But the real key here is the NHLPA. I'm waiting for them to step up here, well been waiting for quite some time. They're here to protect their members. But that protection should not just be in the form fighting the NHL on fines and suspensions, how does the NHLPA propose to protect the players from themselves.

The NHL could try to up fines and suspensions, but the NHLPA probably will not let it. The suspensions are a joke because of the CBA. The fines are a joke, because of the CBA.

The league should hand over all discipline to the NHLPA, and let them deal with it. Let's see them deal with the players that they represent, both the good and the bad. And when a lawsuit comes, let it fall on them also for not doing enough.

Yeah. Great points

Interesting point Nos - I don't know the specifics of what's in the CBA, or whether the PA is doing more obstructing than faciliating player safety, but it's a union vs owner thing so both sides are looking out for themselves.

I don't know how to fix it but it needs fixing. I don't want to eliminate 2-line passes. The game is too fast to eliminate risk of injury but that pass by Girardi to Brassard tonight was a thing of beauty. Those plays should stay in the game.

But the supplemental discipline thing is handed out too inconsistently to be a deterrent. I read the Bleacher Report guy and he suggested Prust may have actually thought about the likely consequences, whether it's more valuable to the Rags to take out Stephan and probably get suspended - or not throw the hit and skate his little 8 minutes a night - all in the few seconds before the hit. Who knows whether Prust or anyone actually thinks about it before he throws a hit but it is a failed policy that shows no signs of becoming effective any time soon.

I've never been an eye for an eye guy.  But if I was, I'd leave Prust alone.  Take it out on Pacioretty and skate past Therien and make a loud comment about it just being a hockey play, just like Prust's.  The Habs could care less about missing him, just ask their fans.

Didn't the Rangers already take out the Habs goalie?

Didn't the Rangers already take out the Habs goalie?

Totally by accident. :ph34r:

My general statement was in regards to reciprocation in general. Don't go back against  a fourth liner, it just justifies his existence, go for the star.