I see my draft pick for Flyers is rising up the draft board

Mario99

Meh, I'm so so on Goldobin. I've seen enough of him from going to games in London and Sarnia that I can honestly say that there's just something off with him. Million dollar talent, but the work ethic on the defensive side and physical part of the game is definitely lacking and there's been talk that if he gets drafted and gets returned to the OHL, he's bolting for the KHL and Metallurg, who drafted him 8th over in the KHL draft back in 2012. I know he wouldn't be cracking the main roster until he's 21 or 22, so playing in the KHL might no tbe a bad thing, but the Flyers have not had good luck with prospects from Russia.

I'm still hoping that if they draft a forward, it's Robby Fabbri from Guelph. If they draft a defenseman, Roland McKeown is the guy I hope they look at.

@BobbyClarkeFan16  Don't remember if I've welcomed you to the board yet. Just awesome to have another Ontario Flyers fan in here. Where do you live in Ontario? Nice to see you attend OHL games. I'm a huge Spits fan, but really out of the loop of late, only went to 2 games last year, so don't know the league like I usually do....but did watch some games on my SuperSportsPack from Cogeco Cable. Which OHL team do you cheer for, please don't tell me the Knights....lol.

@jammer2 Thanks. I'm originally from the Ottawa area and used to see all the 67's games, so I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the 67's. Yes, I'm in London and yep, I watch an awful lot of Knights games because the company I work for has season's tickets in the box suite. I've got nothing but good things to say about the Knights franchise because they've managed to remain competitive year in and year out, but this upcoming fall will probably be the year that they tank. They're going to lose an awful lot of players this year and they've consistently made big move after big move after big move and they've gutted quite a bit of their depth.

@BobbyClarkeFan16  The OHL is usually a "go for it" kinda league. Teams that have 3-4 years of being a top team only do so through very nice drafting and trading. Windsor had a nice run for a while, back to back Memorial Cups are basically unheard of, but the years before and after were competitive also, a testament to Rychel's drafting and trading.....ditto for the Hunter boys, they staved off sucking through manipulating the draft and making some great trades.

The *unheard* of windfall of 7 2nd round picks for Kerby Rychel will start to pay huge dividends starting this year for the Spits.....and we only lose one more first rounder for our *cheating*.....lol. The team will be built around Josh Ho-Sang, who will be back 100%, and I'm expecting 100+ pts out of him. The question is, how will the surrounding cast be?

I've been doing the OHL thing for quite a while, put it this way, I saw Bobby Smith skate for the 67's.....which is going back quite a ways....lol.

@BobbyClarkeFan16

I had the pleasure of drinking more than a few beers with Brian Kilrea at his bar in Ottawa. A friend knew him through the hockey circle so we stopped by one day and one thing led to another.

You seem like a nice guy and a pretty knowledgeable fan, so I won't mention my distaste for Dave Branchs London Knights ;)

To be fair everyone dogged this guy for his love of Mantha and then Mantha went to the Red Wings ensuring that he will be a future NHL star so I can't dog the guy anymore.

At the time we did not need Mantha... We needed defense frankly so the pick was the hat it is. Plus, I am not willing to say Mantha is a perrenial all star. Fine player but I am more than happy the flyers addressed the defense...

Edited by murraycraven