The Phantoms...only way to go is up....

jammer2

The kid is the best two way player the hawks had the last couple of seasons and a true gamer.

Yeah could of had Oliver Bjorkstrand or Anthony Duclair........but the Flyer saw gold in the goon known as Goulbourne :thumbsu: ...........and then turn around and only offer him a AHL only contract. Can never have enough AHL goons!!!!!!!!!!

Oh now i think i'm gonna be sick........

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@OccamsRazor  I just don't get it.....all us stiffs knew from the very moment he was drafted he would be total crap, but Homer somehow seen something that we all didn't???  A guy with no offensive upside whatsoever.....AND is a "below average" skater to boot.....

W-T-F....why not just give the pick to someone else, just say "the Flyers as an organization pass on our 3rd round selection, to avoid the public embarrassment of drafting a goon that will never make it"!!!

@OccamsRazor  I just don't get it.....all us stiffs knew from the very moment he was drafted he would be total crap, but Homer somehow seen something that we all didn't???  A guy with no offensive upside whatsoever.....AND is a "below average" skater to boot.....

W-T-F....why not just give the pick to someone else, just say "the Flyers as an organization pass on our 3rd round selection, to avoid the public embarrassment of drafting a goon that will never make it"!!!

Yeah it was just baffling and i hate to keep bringing it up...but Bjorkstrand is a Blue Jacket prospect and Duclair is a Rangers prospect and Flyers could had either of them.....so in a few years when they starting finding the twine we all are going to really hate it....it's one thing to pass on the talent but it hurts even worse when those guys you passed on come back to haunt you in your own damn division.

it's one thing to pass on the talent but it hurts even worse when those guys you passed on come back to haunt you in your own damn division.

It's just brutal...the more I think about it, the madder I get!!  Thank the Good Lord this stiff is moved up to President. HA HA HA....he probably makes more money now!!  Unreal.

Homer is now the living breathing primary example of corporate overspending.....LOL!  Frigg'in President....that is just plain ol' sad.

Thank the Good Lord this stiff is moved up to President. HA HA HA....he probably makes more money now!!  Unreal.

But the scary part is they still lean on him or he has an input............which should be revoked.

But the scary part is they still lean on him or he has an input............which should be revoked.

That's just part of the Flyers losing tradition. I'd betcha any money Bobby Clarke still gets cash for his "insight".....It's BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!

Phantoms agree to terms with Fyten

http://theahl.com/phantoms-agree-to-terms-with-fyten-p193327

The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced Wednesday that they have agreed to terms with left wing Austin Fyten to an AHL contract for the 2014-15 season. 

Fyten, 23, is a 6-foot-2, 200-pound native of Sundre, Alta., entering his third season of professional hockey. 

Fyten appeared in 47 regular-season AHL games with Oklahoma City in 2013-14, recording seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points along with a plus-7 rating. He added a goal and an assist in three Calder Cup Playoff contests. Fyten also tallied 15 points (9g, 6a) in 15 ECHL games with Idaho last season. 

Fyten has totaled seven goals and 15 assists for 22 points in 58 career AHL outings.

​Nice prospect signing Phantoms should return to the playoffs this year anything less should be considered a disappointment. 

@OccamsRazor

Couldn't he change his name from Austin to Alby? 

I certainly would be catchy. Announcers would have fun calling his name. Doubt he'll be doing much with all the goons down there, Goulbourne, Mathers and Stortini. I think the Flyers have signed all the goons that were available.

I'm pulling for him sounds like a nice kid especially after watching the video that Meltzer posted on him he's come a long ways in dealing with his knee injury.

Here is a video of his comeback if you have the time enjoy.

@OccamsRazor   Metzler had a little right up about him yesterday....

"Earlier this week, the Phantoms signed former Texas Stars left winger Austin Fyten to a two-way AHL contract (one rate for the AHL, another for the ECHL). The 23-year-old forward has split the last two seasons between the ECHL and AHL levels.

Fyten was an offensive standout for the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads, averaging nearly a point per game. He received limited AHL playing time in 11 games for Texas in 2012-13. He was basically in the same situation early in his 47 game tenure last season with the Oklahoma City Barons, but ended up posting a respectable seven goals and 20 points.

The 6-foot-2, 200 pound winger has caught the Flyers' eye in the past. In 2011, the late-blooming Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL) standout was invited to the Flyers' development camp. Unfortunately, he tore in ACL and missed the remainder of the 2010-11 season as well as all of the 2011-12 regular season. As a WHL overager, he dressed in six playoff games for the Vancouver Giants before signing with the Texas Stars.

A couple years ago, Tiburon Films produced a 20-plus minute documentary on Fytin's story. The documentary traces his comeback trailing from the torn ACL, detailing both the physical rigors and mental challenges involved. The first step of the process was to overcome the disappointment of getting hurt before his first NHL camp and dedicate himself to basically starting from scratch again in his dream of playing professional hockey."

• 8 months later...

OccamsRazor, on 20 Jul 2014 - 1:06 PM, said:
@jammer2

So to return this hijacked thread...........the projected lineup for the Phantoms next season.

Stolarz
Zepp

Leir - Laughton -Straka
Johnston - Cousins -Alderson
Noebels - Vandevelde -Gordon
Goulborne - Jones - Mathers
Stortini

Ghost-Alt
Hagg- Petterson
Manning-Lamarche
Konan......this d pairing is a guess but each have a LH and a RH shot on each pair.........balance.

I maybe forgetting someone but it's close to the way it may look........of guys who will make the Flyers will change things.
  That may very well be within a few players of what the Phantoms actually look like...much improved!  Not to be nitpicky, but it's not only the Flyers that need help at RW.....the Phantoms don't have much there either. I was gonna question Alderson in the top 6 down there, but after perusing the roster....who else would you take?  Even the top line RW is not a for sure thing, with a bad camp, Straka could find himself right out of the org.

Well what a disappointing season after looking back...no.

But you'll notice i had Stortini out of the lineup......HA Murray had him on the 1st line...no wonder they had a losing season.

Archived