Flyers screwed out of drafting Kane?

1)

2013-2014: Phoenix 89 pts / Ottawa 88 points

2012-2013: Phoenix 51 pts / Ottawa 56 points

2011-2012: Phoenix 97 pts / Ottawa 92 points

2010-2011: Phoenix 99 pts / Ottawa 74 points

2009-2010: Phoenix 107 pts / Ottawa 94 points

Last 5 season totals: Phoenix 443 pts / Ottawa 404 pts

I exaggerated the wins. My bad. The point being that you call Phoenix "blows" when in reality they are / have been competitive for a while. I get it is you don't like Ownership / management. I also get it if you don't think Hockey should be in the desert. But aside from all those detriments, the team itself is quite good (and better than ottawa the last 5 seasons.

Not for nothing, but Hockey Futures has Phoenix team ranking at #12. Ottawa is ranked #19. 

Turris played in all 48 games last season. That is a full season too. Its great that he had a break out year. My point is is woo hoo. His 6th season in the league and he finally cracked the 20 goal marker. Lets have a party. 

You site PPG: 

1) Kyle Turrius- Regular season> 316 gp, 162 pts> .5 ppg

Playoffs> 21 gp, 15pts> .7 ppg

2) JVR- Regular season> 324 gp, 192 pts> .59 ppg

Playoffs> 46 gp, 22 pts> .47 ppg

Turris certainly has progressed, you can't deny that when prior to this season his highest goal production was 12 goals. The point being (coming full circle) is that Turris / JVR are pretty even production wise. I will give credence to Turris because he is a center (a more difficult position than Wing). I will aslo acknowledge that he is a better two-way player. Value wise, I think they are equal when all things are put into play. Nothing more, nothing less. The Flyers did not need a center- thus got JVR. While Phoenix may have mishandled Turris, I can't see the Flyers doing any better. The fans would have been clamoring for Turris to play on the big club and it would have ended with equal disastrous results and probably worse because the fan base would have chewed Turris up and spit him out alive. 

I have nothing against hockey in the desert at all. It's got nothing to do with liking or disliking something or someone. Hell, I actually used to like Phoenix for several years, but that's irrelevant. The organization's impact on the sport is practically non-existent. They are not a legitimate threat for the Cup, even when they do make the PO. 

And in relations to this conversation, I'll take Ottawa's future over Phoenix's any day. Not only is Ottawa had more organizational success, they've got a better roster, at least for the next few years. Give me Ottawa's top 5 over Phoenix's any day of the week. Ottawa's top 5 is younger and more productive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ott/stats/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pho/stats/

LOL, are you serious?

I guess you're referring to giving Berube another year???

I'm ok with that five him a full offseason and training camp to game plan and train his players as to what he expects.

He has already said he has informed everyone to come to came already in shape not expecting to work them selves into shape....so i support this and will evaluate as the season goes along.

As far as Phoneix goes i don't really care what happens to them but they need to be moved to a city that supports them. 

As far as Phoneix goes i don't really care what happens to them but they need to be moved to a city that supports them. 

The problem is that they moved to Glendale. While I can understand they needed a new arena, they needed to put the arena in Phoenix proper. There is no rail system. While its only 15 miles as the crow flies, during rush our (which runs 2-2.5 hours in Metro Phoenix / Suburbia), its brutal. At peak times it will take 1.5 hours to get to jobing.com arena. So, you essentially have to leave your job in down down phoenix at 5 pm to make it to the game. That means no dinner and sitting in stop and start traffic for an hour and half. Completely undesirable. 

I guess you're referring to giving Berube another year???

I'm ok with that five him a full offseason and training camp to game plan and train his players as to what he expects.

He has already said he has informed everyone to come to came already in shape not expecting to work them selves into shape....so i support this and will evaluate as the season goes along.

How generous of you!

I don't understand why you are already putting another coach on the hot seat, especially after a pretty good year and such a short period of time.

How generous of you!

I don't understand why you are already putting another coach on the hot seat, especially after a pretty good year and such a short period of time.

Especially when you KNOW this coming year will be the goalie's fault.