Sucks to be a Flyer fan today!

Jam1986

Kings-Rangers in cup! I know every one is thinking the same either way we lose! A Flyer fan since before first cup so just saying  this really sucks!!!!!!! 

No different than it was the day they got bounced by the Rags for me. I have not hate for Richie and Crater and gang i must say.

I liked the Kings since the Gretz, Kurri, Graves days....always loved Rob Blake too ( @flyercanuck Bah-lak-aye for you  :D ) and who don't like Luc Robitaille?????

Even Ziggy Palffy.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Personally, I'm just happy the Hawks are out.

Yes i admit i liked the shock on their faces when the winning goal was scored makes them feel what i felt like seeing Kane scored that damn bad angle goal on Leighton in 2010 to win it....i was to myself thinking "YEAH TAKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

EFF EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Neither team really concerns me regarding the Flyers.  If the Rags ended up winning you could say the Flyers lost to the eventual champion.  It's not so bad losing to the team no one else could beat.

More than likely the Kings win.  I like their team (I like the Black Hawks, too).  I'll be cheering for the Kings, but ultimately I don't really care.  I just want the series to go long so I have no reason to even flip past the baseball station.

• Like 1

Honestly, this series is nothing more than, well, another series.   I am tired of hearing the "old flyers" moving on and winning a Cup.   I get it but let's not overlook what the Kings had before Richards was traded there.  And Carter was not traded to LA via Philly which a large portion of the fanbase seems to forget... he moped his way out of Columbus which is why I really cant root for the guy.  

I honestly am apathetic to whomever wins this series.   Would prefer a longer series so I can keep watching but no matter who wins it really does not play a part in being a flyers fan...

Honestly, if it were going to suck for any team, it would be Columbus.

Kings:  Gaborik, Carter

NYR:  Nash, Dorsett, Moore, Brassard (the last three they traded FOR Gaborik).

The Flyers thing is, in contrast, ancient history.

• Like 1

NYR:  Nash, Dorsett, Moore, Brassard (the last three they traded FOR Gaborik).

Not to bad i think they rebuilt their team converting all that into:

Jack Johnson, Marko Dano (27th 1st 2013), Brandon Dubinsky, Anisimov, Tim Erixon, Kerby Rychel (19th 1st 2013), Matt Frattin, 6th rounder 2014, a 2nd rounder in 2014 and a conditional 2nd in 2014 if Gabby is resigned. So 3 players they haven't even drafted yet.

To me on paper that is a hell of a return.

Jack Johnson, Marko Dano (27th 1st 2013), Brandon Dubinsky, Anisimov, Tim Erixon, Kerby Rychel (19th 1st 2013), Matt Frattin, 6th rounder 2014, a 2nd rounder in 2014 and a conditional 2nd in 2014 if Gabby is resigned. So 3 players they haven't even drafted yet.

Oh,yeah, they are on the way up, baby!   But if there's a fan base watching the Kings/Rags right NOW and saying "whaaaa!" (justifiably or not) it should be them.

Oh,yeah, they are on the way up, baby!   But if there's a fan base watching the Kings/Rags right NOW and saying "whaaaa!" (justifiably or not) it should be them.

Well at least they were healthy....they gave it there best shot just not good enough. I still think if Mason had been healthy it could have been the Flyers.

Not matter what if NY wins it Megna should win the Conn Smythe!!!!!!!!!!  :ph34r:

Kings all the way for me.  I don't hold any real animosity towards Carter or Richie, although it kills me to see them winning Cups elseware.  Although, I'm so used to that by now that I'm pretty much numb to it.  What I won't be able to tolerate is the Rangers fans coming to our building next year fresh off a Cup.  They are insufferable as it is.  I can only imagine them after winning a cup.  I despise everything and anything Rangers, so I will be 100% behind the Kings for this one!

The kings are the team I watch when in not watching the flyers. I bleed orange, but they're my west team to give a crap about. Richie willy and carts makes it easy to root for them but they're an easy team to root for anyway.

Solid players. Stand up guys and an incredible goalie I love to watch and desperately hoped was who we were getting in the Richie deal.

On the other hand I also enjoy when the team that ousts the flyers goes all the way (happens often if you notice). I can't say much bad about the rangers. They play a solid game too. I don't hate them. I hate losing to them, but their very existence doesn't offend me the way the penguins' does.

That They got this far makes me feel like the flyers aren't as far off as I'd feared.

I hate when cheap teams win and neither of these are. As a flyer fan I'm not more upset than I am for the flyers not being in it anymore. I have no particular hate for these teams. I think it'll be good hockey. If I can't have the flyers get this far then I can at least have good hockey.

Kings-Rangers in cup! I know every one is thinking the same either way we lose! A Flyer fan since before first cup so just saying this really sucks!!!!!!!

I don't like Luc. Not the player so much as the way he tipped off Hexy's Calder trophy. Vezina goalie not the rookie if the year In lieu if a guy who did okay but not amazing in an era of amazing forwards.

Luc seemed like a good guy and a great player over the decades, but is can't see how he got the Calder.

No different than it was the day they got bounced by the Rags for me. I have not hate for Richie and Crater and gang i must say.

I liked the Kings since the Gretz, Kurri, Graves days....always loved Rob Blake too ( @flyercanuck Bah-lak-aye for you :D ) and who don't like Luc Robitaille?????

Even Ziggy Palffy.

As far as former flyers go, I'd much rather see Richie, carts, & wildly win another than warch Carcillo win one at all.

Honestly, this series is nothing more than, well, another series. I am tired of hearing the "old flyers" moving on and winning a Cup. I get it but let's not overlook what the Kings had before Richards was traded there. And Carter was not traded to LA via Philly which a large portion of the fanbase seems to forget... he moped his way out of Columbus which is why I really cant root for the guy.

I honestly am apathetic to whomever wins this series. Would prefer a longer series so I can keep watching but no matter who wins it really does not play a part in being a flyers fan...

Columbus is already better than they were.

I mean you could make the point that they're as well off for their end of those trades as the flyers are.

Columbus sort of saved face with Carter as they got Jack Johnson back who leads the team in almost every category except scoring (2nd). You could say that Jack Johnson = Couturier / Voracek essentially. Given Jacks performance in Columbus, that is a digestible pill- somewhat. 

Now the Gaborik trade is one that GM's should be shot and cornered for. All Columbus has to show for it is a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick while Brassard, Moore and Dorsett all have integral roles on the Rangers and are playing for a ring. pffft. 

So, the Gaborik trade ends up being: a 2nd / 3rd (plus a journeyman) for Brassard, Moore and Dorsett. Ouch! 

Columbus sort of saved face with Carter as they got Jack Johnson back who leads the team in almost every category except scoring (2nd). You could say that Jack Johnson = Couturier / Voracek essentially. Given Jacks performance in Columbus, that is a digestible pill- somewhat. 

Now the Gaborik trade is one that GM's should be shot and cornered for. All Columbus has to show for it is a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick while Brassard, Moore and Dorsett all have integral roles on the Rangers and are playing for a ring. pffft. 

So, the Gaborik trade ends up being: a 2nd / 3rd (plus a journeyman) for Brassard, Moore and Dorsett. Ouch! 

Agree. Completely agree.

But in this thread (and others like it; not trying to pick on the OP), what the team got back has no bearing on the discussion.  Fans of the "former" team are only supposed to be upset about who is playing on the Cup finalists without regard to what came back.

If Flyers fans are supposed to be upset about Los Angeles despite the fact that 1) it was 3 years ago and 2) we have Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier, and Schenn to show for it, then Columbus fans should be upset regardless of Jack Johnson or anyone else.  (Just to be sure, since this is type and with no inflection:  *I* am not arguing this, but it seems to be what is being done in these threads).

I'm not upset as a Flyers' fan.  The Gaborik turn around can't be great in Columbus, but I'm not terribly upset if I'm a Blue Jackets fan (although I'd be upset about living in Ohio).  

I'm actually looking forward to what might be a pretty good finals.  I still think the "finals" were LA vs. CHI, though.

I'm not upset as a Flyers' fan.  The Gaborik turn around can't be great in Columbus, but I'm not terribly upset if I'm a Blue Jackets fan (although I'd be upset about living in Ohio).  

I don't think its the second trade (Gaborik to LA) that would be upsetting to me as a Columbus fan as much as the first trade to NYR. Three guys all playing between 11-15 minutes for the NYR for Gaborik. Thats a tough pill to swallow. 

Gaborik was going to walk this summer as a UFA. Its openly known that he did not like Columbus nor did Columbus like him. We as Flyers fans got certainly equitable return in both moves (Richards and Carter) and like you said it was three years ago. Water over the damn so to speak. I have no ill will what-so-ever. If I was a columbus fan, I would be a bit sour on the Gaborik thing- not because of LA, but because of NYR. But, that is water over the damn as well and they have a bright future ahead of them. Hopefully they can get some good talent with the 2nd and 3rd rounder from LA for gaborik to soften the sour taste of the NYR deal. 

RE: the SCF, allot of people feel that the LA-Chi was the SCF and this will be a letdown instead of a pinnacle. I am uncertain. I really liked that Chi-LA played hardnosed fast paced hockey- but relatively clean. I just hope NYR can do the same. Vignault is not known for gooning it up, but we will see. I just would like to see close to the same compete level and it go 7. I don't think the compete level will happen, but what do I know. With Henry in net, 7 is plausible. 

Edited by Vanflyer

As far as former flyers go, I'd much rather see Richie, carts, & wildly win another than warch Carcillo win one at all.

I would not disagree but Carcillo wont even be playing in the finals and he will most likely be w/ another team (again) next year.   Carcillo is a dirtball and I could really care less if he gets another ring.  He is a fringe player who can't seem to stay on the ice and will always be pushed out the door to another team.  

I look at it like if Rinaldo went somewhere else and won a cup.   It really would not bother me...   He skates hard but is pretty one dimensional and will never be anything other than a bonehead on the ice.  A 4th liner w/out the brains...  

Edited by murraycraven

I would not disagree but Carcillo wont even be playing in the finals and he will most likely be w/ another team (again) next year.   Carcillo is a dirtball and I could really care less if he gets another ring.  He is a fringe player who can't seem to stay on the ice and will always be pushed out the door to another team.  

I look at it like if Rinaldo went somewhere else and won a cup.   It really would not bother me...   He skates hard but is pretty one dimensional and will never be anything other than a bonehead on the ice.  A 4th liner w/out the brains...  

Carcillo's suspension was reduced on appeal, so he's eligible for Game 4.   I still don't think he'll be playing.  He wouldn't if I'm coach.  He brings nothing they'll need against the Kings.

If I was a Columbus fan, I wouldn't be upset at all over any of it because none of those trades cost Columbus a cup.

They're a better team now. Gaborik isn't a good player to help you in the season. He's got some good playoff excitement and production going for him, but he's too inconsistent to be valuable as much more than a deadline rental.

Color me crazy, but I wouldn't want him.

Although I'd have to assume he'd have been more productive than that did VLC was for us.

I don't think its the second trade (Gaborik to LA) that would be upsetting to me as a Columbus fan as much as the first trade to NYR. Three guys all playing between 11-15 minutes for the NYR for Gaborik. Thats a tough pill to swallow.

Gaborik was going to walk this summer as a UFA. Its openly known that he did not like Columbus nor did Columbus like him. We as Flyers fans got certainly equitable return in both moves (Richards and Carter) and like you said it was three years ago. Water over the damn so to speak. I have no ill will what-so-ever. If I was a columbus fan, I would be a bit sour on the Gaborik thing- not because of LA, but because of NYR. But, that is water over the damn as well and they have a bright future ahead of them. Hopefully they can get some good talent with the 2nd and 3rd rounder from LA for gaborik to soften the sour taste of the NYR deal.

RE: the SCF, allot of people feel that the LA-Chi was the SCF and this will be a letdown instead of a pinnacle. I am uncertain. I really liked that Chi-LA played hardnosed fast paced hockey- but relatively clean. I just hope NYR can do the same. Vignault is not known for gooning it up, but we will see. I just would like to see close to the same compete level and it go 7. I don't think the compete level will happen, but what do I know. With Henry in net, 7 is plausible.