Sucks to be a Flyer fan today!

Jam1986

He brings power plays.

I think if the kings take big series lead by game 4 we will see Carcillo.

Carcillo's suspension was reduced on appeal, so he's eligible for Game 4. I still don't think he'll be playing. He wouldn't if I'm coach. He brings nothing they'll need against the Kings.

I think if the kings take big series lead by game 4 we will see Carcillo.

So, if the Kings are up 3 zip, they'll bring Carcillo in to flop around and goon it up and make themselves an embarrassment? I'm gonna bet the no on that one

So, if the Kings are up 3 zip, they'll bring Carcillo in to flop around and goon it up and make themselves an embarrassment? I'm gonna bet the no on that one

I agree with this UNLESS the Rangers feel like they're being physically pushed around. That's really not the Kings game so in thinking Carcillo does not see the ice again.

By the way, I don't see the Kings taking a big series lead. I do expect them to ultimately win, though.

First, the Kings are coming into this having just beaten the Hawks. I'm thinking they come in feeling a bit accomplished. I think the Rags steal a game or two before the Kings get interested. That's also been their MO so far.

So, the Rags win one of two in LA, split at home, and then King Henry steals his game in game five or six. LA wins the rest to win in seven

If I was a Columbus fan, I wouldn't be upset at all over any of it because none of those trades cost Columbus a cup.

Perhaps, but they overpaid for Gaborik. All three of the players that NY got are fine players. Not superstars, but the kind that you fill out you roster and complement your superstars. Obviously Columbus filled those holes, but they could have had better  / more assets. Its a would have could have should have thing and past is past. 

Like you said, those players did not cost them the cup. 

I will just get this out in the open and be honsest with you that for me personally it sucks to watch these 2 teams in the finals. 

#1 becsase I hate the Rangers and all things Rangers.  I think that they play well as a team together and all but I think that they have overachived a bit and will be in over their heads vs the Kings.  I will be surprised if they win honestly.  I think that Quick vs Lunkhead in net is a wash and that the Kings forwards and D will smoke NYR.

#2 It hurts to see the Kings in the finals to me for no other reason than it makes me insanely jealous.  No other reason....  I dont hate Richards and Carter or Williams or anthing like that it is pure jealousy that they get to enjoy winning the big one and we get to sit here and contemplate our navel lint for another off season.  There I said it!

Edited by Poulin20

I will just get this out in the open and be honsest with you that for me personally it sucks to watch these 2 teams in the finals. 

While typically I hate the rangers, I really like St Louis, Mcdahaogh (sp), and Lundviquist. 

For me, I would rather the team that eliminated us win. 

That withstanding- I just enjoy watching the best hockey in the world. I am not sure that this will match the Chi-LA series, but I am willing to give it go. 

This rangers team was regularly playing him before this suspension. What makes you think they won't after?

You think being on the brink of elimination would suddenly make a team want to project honor and integrity more?

Just curious. It seems like a strong assertion I'm just not sure what it's based on.

I agree with this UNLESS the Rangers feel like they're being physically pushed around. That's really not the Kings game so in thinking Carcillo does not see the ice again.

@King Knut

The strong assertion is based on the fact they weren't playing him regularly before the suspension.

The Flyers' series went seven games; he played in three of them.

The Penguins' series went seven games; he played in three of them.

He was a healthy scratch in game 1 against Montreal and played the next two.(until being ejected).

It's based on the fact that he's not at all what the Rangers need against the Kings.  Where in the world did I indicate this has the slightest thing to do with honor and integrity?  It doesn't.  It has to do with the fact that 1) Vigneault has no track record of gooning it up 2) They are going to need offense and to play up speed against LA and Carcillo provides neither and 3)If they are to have a chance, they have to play smart...something else Carcillo doesn't bring.   I doubt he sees the ice again, but if he does it is for 1 game out of the 4 remaining at that point.

While typically I hate the rangers, I really like St Louis, Mcdahaogh (sp), and Lundviquist. 

Screw the Rangers. I used to like MSL, but have zero respect for the way he grouched his way out of TB after being passed over for the Olympics. I'm really enjoying watching this Kings squad right now.

That withstanding- I just enjoy watching the best hockey in the world. I am not sure that this will match the Chi-LA series, but I am willing to give it go. 

I am with you on this one Van...   I can't believe it but I want the Rangers to win and I hate the Rangers - LOL!  I am a huge fan of MSL as well and really appreciate McDonough as well.   The story lines also make me want to root for them - Moore's wife, MSL losing his mom, etc...

In the end I could care less who actually wins it.   I just hope it is a long and well fought series.  I get depressed when there is no hockey to watch!

Hell no do i want to see a team that doesn't even make the press in a BIG city till they make the finals win it all even though they beat the Flyers and trying to give that loss more credit....just them losing to a Cup team is sufficient for that.

Yes i know LA don't have the best team support from fans but i give them a pass sort of because they are waaaaay out west and growing LA has become a basketball town from the Laker success but it's slowly changing. No to the Rangers. Go Kings!!!!!!!!!!!! 

He played in the Olympics didn't he? I know he was Stamkos replacement, but he still played.

The fact that yzerman picked him after that whole debacle should still be a shameful stain on te Canada, but they won so no one will say anything. It was bad though.

Screw the Rangers. I used to like MSL, but have zero respect for the way he grouched his way out of TB after being passed over for the Olympics. I'm really enjoying watching this Kings squad right now.

He played in the Olympics didn't he? I know he was Stamkos replacement, but he still played.

The fact that yzerman picked him after that whole debacle should still be a shameful stain on te Canada, but they won so no one will say anything. It was bad though.

Why should it be a shameful stain on Team Canada? They can't take everyone. MSL and Giroux coulda/shoulda/woulda made the team, but then someone else wouldn't have. In my opinion either one of them should have been there over Kunitz, but apparently noone else can play with the best player in the world. When Stamkos couldn't play, it was between those two.

It's a stain because Yzerman didn't pick both his boys initially, so the one who lost out supposedly whined like a PITA about it to his GM...  Then when the better of the two couldn't play (just like the entire universe knew he wouldn't be able to)  Yzerman went with his other guy rather than looking at what Canadians from around the league were actually playing the best hockey at the moment.

Then promptly upon returning from Russia, Yzerman trades that guy (as part of some predetermined bitch fest?  I don't know) to an conference rival.

Yzerman's job was to ice the best team he could.  Not to embroil his nation's team into a whole vortex of Dynasty plot lines and crap.

What I will eat crow on is Jeff Carter.  I've always defended Carter, but I did not defend Yzerman's choice of Carter.  I thought it made little sense because even though I think most guys here underrate Carter's qualities (before this playoffs anyway) I didn't think Carter was playing like an olympian.   I was wrong about that. 

But like I said, they won so no one will challenge him on it.

If team USA had managed to win that game and Canada fell below Gold, there would have been a lot more chatter about the whole deal north of the border.

As it was, Team USA couldn't dig that one out and then just fell to pieces and no one else could really hold on with Canada either.  Which is sad really.  I think at this point it's an mental thing.  They should have been beatable.

Why should it be a shameful stain on Team Canada? They can't take everyone. MSL and Giroux coulda/shoulda/woulda made the team, but then someone else wouldn't have. In my opinion either one of them should have been there over Kunitz, but apparently noone else can play with the best player in the world. When Stamkos couldn't play, it was between those two.

@King Knut

Well TC may very well have played the best defensive tournament I've ever seen. When you combine that with the country that produces the most quantity and quality, the result was expected, though certainly not a gimme.

I had no problem with Yzerman not taking ONE of Giroux or MSL, but as mentioned, both are far superior players to Kunitz. IF MSL whined or pouted or whatever, that's on him, not TC. As for Yzerman then taking him..he was one of two guys who were next in line. I wished Giroux went, but had no problem with MSL going.

On return, MSL demanded a trade. Agian, that's onMarty St. Louis, not Yzerman, and certainly not TC.

but have zero respect for the way he grouched his way out of TB after being passed over for the Olympics. I'm really enjoying watching this Kings squad right now.

Is that factual? I would defer to @TropicalFruitGirl26 to clarify. I know there was a tiff because of the snub, but I find it hard to believe that a consummate pro like STL would pull a crosby. 

Although what Yzerman did was pretty horrendous. You have the reigning league MVP on your team and you don't select him to go to the Olympics in perhaps his last shot to go. If STL did do as you suggest, I don't blame him one bit. 

It was a quagmire anyway you slice it. Rangers were not going to give Callahan the money he wanted and St Louis was disgruntled (rightfully so) in Tampa. Truthfully, its a win-win. The only down side is that it has taken St Louis a while to adjust to playing in NY and his production significantly dipped post trade (I guess be careful what you wish for). That said, He does not need to be THE man in NY like in Tampa (with Stamkos). 

Edited by Vanflyer

I am with you on this one Van...   I can't believe it but I want the Rangers to win and I hate the Rangers - LOL!  I am a huge fan of MSL as well and really appreciate McDonough as well.   The story lines also make me want to root for them - Moore's wife, MSL losing his mom, etc...

Agree 100%. And for whatever reason, my hatred of them has simmered off quite a bit. Pehaps because we seldom meet in the playoffs like we used to. I remember the 80's and 90's where I would puke if I saw a Rangers sweater. These days, blah. Also the story lines are good. I can root for LA too because at the end of the day, I still like the ex Flyers and always like to see an ex Flyer succeed. 

The STL thing is a big thing in my mind. He has a ring, but given the back story, I can easily root for him (and Moore). Also, King henry does not have a ring and I really like him as a goalie and a person (from what I know). So, I would like to see him get a ring as well. 

While one game does not make a series, LA completely manhandled the Rangers in the 3rd period (similar to how the Rangers manhandled the habitants in game 6). If LA can turn it on like that, the Rangers will have a tough go of it. 

The damage was already done. You have the Art Ross Trophy winner on YOUR team and you are Team Canadas GM, and you don't select him? STL had never won a gold at the olympics. It was his last shot to do so. The snub was outrageous and most Canadians felt the same way (re Yzerman).