We are Going for Freedom Fries: Bellemare Signing

Howie58

Great First Move     ....hope it works  He seems to have good numbers.

Hexy ever after ....

The Frenchmen..

sorry .................................................

Edited by intheslot

huh?     Which move are you talking about?

Acquisition of the Reading Royals?

or 

Signing of Matt Hatch to the Phantoms?

or

Flyers sign forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare?

Howdy:

Agreed this is low risk. It's great to see that Europe is now viewed as a feeder. Twenty-five years ago this franchise would have said "EuroTrash" and not paid any attention. 

I am wondering if we should read something into this with the upcoming draft. Maybe we go for D draft day and look for wingers elsewhere. Or maybe, just maybe...there ain't many nibbles for VLC and we are stuck with him...so wingers come from elsewhere?  Just a thought after some red fermented stuff.

Howie

@intheslot

Merged threads.  Yeah, at 29 it is now or never, but Bellemare is worth a contract as he will either prove his worth on the Flyers or add leadership to the young Phantoms.

HF:

Thanks for the merger...maybe my title was too bizarre...the youngins here won't remember when we didn't want to eat French Fries anymore. 

HF:

Thanks for the merger...maybe my title was too bizarre...the youngins here won't remember when we didn't want to eat French Fries anymore. 

I edited the title also.  :)  

I can't imagine not wanting to eat french fries, especially the homemade ones.

HF:

Now that's funny. Don't forget about Freedom Toast!

I don't see this signing as aimed the big club, whoever said leadership for the Phantoms is dead on. At 29 if he was NHL level talent he woulda come across the pond alot sooner. Is an AHL paycheck better than what he was making in Sweden?

Red?    Whachyu drinkin'?

Howdy:

A little different; a Tempranillo.  Believe it or not, from Aldi of all places.  I think 4 bucks. And very good.  Of course, to me, if it is grape, red, fermented and half-way decent, it's OK. 

Peace,

Howie

Now that's funny. Don't forget about Freedom Toast!

I don't see this signing as aimed the big club, whoever said leadership for the Phantoms is dead on. At 29 if he was NHL level talent he woulda come across the pond alot sooner. Is an AHL paycheck better than what he was making in Sweden?

Greetings:

I don't get toasted anymore. Too old, too much work...glad all is well.  It's strange, I saw another site that called him an elite prospect. But I have to agree with your reasoning, unless this guy is a Read-style late bloomer.  I hope he does well.  It's an interesting story.  If he pans out, it confirms Pryor is a sharp dude. 

Best,

Howie

@intheslot

Merged threads.  Yeah, at 29 it is now or never, but Bellemare is worth a contract as he will either prove his worth on the Flyers or add leadership to the young Phantoms.

Well it seems low risk possible high reward...like the scouting report on him.

An offensive winger who plays in high speed. Has good stickhandling portability and a good shot. Finds open space well and always works hard. A good penalty killer. Can overpriced playcenter Effectively, thanks to a strong two-way game.

And he is a LW.  Nice find i hope like Raffl.

Time will tell.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Flyer maybe should have signed his team mate winger former LA Kings pick George "Bud" Holloway too.

What the hell why not???? Worth the low risk too.

Holloway holds  the SHL playoffs record for the most points in a single playoff year (23 points: 10 G, 13 A) in 19 games.

Bud also is only the 2nd player ever in SHL history to score over 70 points in a single SHL season.(Hakan Loob the first 82-83)

Decent size 6-1 200 RW 26  yr old.

Bud may be still under contract though.

Edited by OccamsRazor