Going after Spezza?

Seems like the dude wants to get out of Ottawa and i hope Vinnys time in flyers ends this summer along with Hartnell. I would love to have a big name up front that is consistent in producing. No more wadh ups, no more overpriced "maybe it will work". Spezza delivers and would probebly make Giroux even better. Spezza also would add leadership to the team. I think if we are going to spend money we have to spend it on good players. Otherwise im fine with working with our youth corps, good talent scouting and not trading good draft picks. Just dont wanna see mediocre players being overpaid here.

I understand wanting hartnell's salary cap room, but if he leaves, be prepared for Simmonds and others to miss time.

Scotty's game draws abuse and fire and creates room for other players.

If he goes they will have to ha he their game a bit.

Seems like the dude wants to get out of Ottawa and i hope Vinnys time in flyers ends this summer along with Hartnell. I would love to have a big name up front that is consistent in producing. No more wadh ups, no more overpriced "maybe it will work". Spezza delivers and would probebly make Giroux even better. Spezza also would add leadership to the team. I think if we are going to spend money we have to spend it on good players. Otherwise im fine with working with our youth corps, good talent scouting and not trading good draft picks. Just dont wanna see mediocre players being overpaid here.

Spezza would be another huge mistake. Let's please stop exchanging one disaster for another.

See Rux here is where you're wrong hear me out...this would be my projected lineup...

-LW- - ---C-----  -RW-

center - center - center

center - center - center

center - center - center

center - center - center

.....that way if someone gets hurt well we'll have a center ready....acquire all centers....it's genius!! BBBWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

• Like 2

See Rux here is where you're wrong hear me out...this would be my projected lineup...

-LW- - ---C-----  -RW-

center - center - center

center - center - center

center - center - center

center - center - center

.....that way if someone gets hurt well we'll have a center ready....acquire all centers....it's genius!! BBBWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Well, since you put it that way, hell yeah, carry on!

VLC (sucks!) for backup goalie!

Full disclosure:  I thought Spezza was older than 30.  (I feel like he's been around forever).

I still don't do it and think he's walking wounded at this point.  And his $7M is still ridiculous.  And it's another center playing wing and....

No, no way in Camden (or any other part of Hell).

Played for the Spits, followed his whole career. Dogs it quite often, disappears when you need him most, does not fight for lose pucks with dogged determination. Often injured, has a 7mill cap hit (is only owed 4 mill, like the Flyers would be swayed by this...pffft), will want a long term deal....a deal that he will be often injured during...famous for be lazy. He does have a ton of skill, great hands, great passer, I just want him to be someone else's problem.....and oh yeah, his back will probably never be normal.

-LW- - ---C-----  -RW-

center - center - center

center - center - center

center - center - center

center - center - center

All your centers are belong to us!

It sure would make the VLC deal look better.

Spezza would be another huge mistake. Let's please stop exchanging one disaster for another.

The guy is washed up and injury prone at this point. For $7M in cap hit this would be flat out nuts.

• Like 2

We don't need another center.  We need a winger for Giroux.

Greetings:

I like the guy but think we need to move beyond expensive, older free-agents. Let's grow our youngins and build a team culture. I think a big part of our inconsistency is failure to grow a cohort of players. We take other teams' first rounders. Let's build our own.

Peace,

Howie

• Like 2

I like Spezza, but the Senators broke him. They've broken his spirit and they broke his back. His hands and vision are golden, but the back trouble is just too much to overcome. Reminds of John LeClair and his back after he had it operated on. He was never the same player after that.

Let the Islanders or Sabres fight over him.  Seems like the kind of silly move they'd make at this point.

Greetings:

I like the guy but think we need to move beyond expensive, older free-agents. Let's grow our youngins and build a team culture. I think a big part of our inconsistency is failure to grow a cohort of players. We take other teams' first rounders. Let's build our own.

Peace,

Howie

I like Spezza, but the Senators broke him. They've broken his spirit and they broke his back. His hands and vision are golden, but the back trouble is just too much to overcome.

well, plus, he is a lot like VLC, in that he shows up sometimes, doesn't touch opposing players, doesn't like having to work for loose pucks, sees backchecking as beneath him..  honestly, i'm not really sure what there is to like about him.  i have this bad feeling this is exactly what the flyers are going to go after this summer (or joe thornton, maybe?), but i can't see anything positive about it.

• Like 2

well, plus, he is a lot like VLC, in that he shows up sometimes, doesn't touch opposing players, doesn't like having to work for loose pucks, sees backchecking as beneath him..  honestly, i'm not really sure what there is to like about him.  i have this bad feeling this is exactly what the flyers are going to go after this summer (or joe thornton, maybe?), but i can't see anything positive about it.

Yes, Jason can safely be called a diva, a talented diva, but a diva nonetheless  AND  one with a back that will never be the same. Somebody is gonna buy a lemon here. He's a point per game player for his career and will never average 0.5 again.

The guy is washed up and injury prone at this point. For $7M in cap hit this would be flat out nuts.

After looking at his injuries and the 7m (I didnt know) :ph34r: - I totally change my mind and take it all back.