Willy!

King Knut

Conn Smythe!

I think maybe Lundqvist might have earned it in the losing effort, but who cares? I always liked willy and hated when they traded him.

Real happy for Richards and Carter too, they looked dominant all night together.

Okay. July 1st in 2 and a half weeks.

It's wonderful to see Justin immortalized like this

I'm for for him i admit. Just hurt to say........3 Stanley Cups and a now a Conn Smythe.....all in another uniform....and was a Flyer draft pick......makes the Danny Markov trade look like the Flyers got robbed!!!!!!!!!!

All they got out of Markov was 52 measly games.....highway robbery there!!!!!

This is not meant to be a whining thread just stating the obvious......sad day.

Edit: Justin is a free agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor  If the Flyers sign Justin, his skills will immediately erode. If we ignore him and don't sign him, he will have 3 straight 30 goals years and another Conn Smythe....lol, damned if we do, damned if we don't...lol. Talk about the right time to have a historic playoff....he should get an extra 2 million just off the stunning playoff alone. He's a sinch to get a 4 year 20-22 mill contract.

@OccamsRazor  If the Flyers sign Justin, his skills will immediately erode. If we ignore him and don't sign him, he will have 3 straight 30 goals years and another Conn Smythe....lol, damned if we do, damned if we don't...lol. Talk about the right time to have a historic playoff....he should get an extra 2 million just off the stunning playoff alone. He's a sinch to get a 4 year 20-22 mill contract.

I just can't see LA letting him go he is a heart and soul guy if if i (if i'm LA gm) had to chose between him or Gaborik i chose Justin. Gaborik will be looking for BIG bucks i think...and after this playoffs performance (14 goals in 26 games) i can't blame him.

But yeah as soon and the Flyers sign Justin his hands turn to stone before the ink is dry on the contract. I'd rather try a cheaper/younger option at LW...Jokinen (getting short on Finns) or Milan Michalek (a fellow Czech to play with Jake) even. Worth a look.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor  Agreed, the Flyers need to be signing guys who are about to do something, not a guy who is on the wrong side of 30 and already accompished the ultimate feat 3 times. The experience would be great to have on the roster, but the risk of him losing a step during the course of the 4-5 year deal he will be looking for is very real.

clearly remember being vociferously told that Justin Williams wouldn't amount to anything and we wouldn't miss him.

Also, too:

Seidenberg, Dennis

Sharp, Patrick

Aw, hell, and:

vanRiemsdyk, James

clearly remember being vociferously told that Justin Williams wouldn't amount to anything and we wouldn't miss him.

Also, too:

Seidenberg, Dennis

Sharp, Patrick

Aw, hell, and:

vanRiemsdyk, James

1) Seidenberg had **** for brains when he played here. The only reason his play improved is his defensive pairing partner(Chara).

2)Sharp, yeah, pretty much dumb hitchcockian move.

3)JVR, Doesn't have the heart needed to play hockey. Don't get me wrong, he has the skills he just doesn't like to show them all the time......

JVR and Seidenberg should not be lumped in with Justin Williams in any other category than they were also traded by the Flyers. The similarity stops there.

• Like 1

I got nothing against Justin Williams. Nothing against him at all.Of the young players we've traded away the last 10-15 years him and Sharp are easily the ones I have the least problem with as players and people. If I had a time machine and was able to undo a few trades, those would definitely be two of the top ones.

They are both perfect examples of why I couldn't stand Hitchcock. I really could not stand that man's approach to building a line up. If he didn't like you that was all she wrote.

I do have to point out though, 209 career goals really isn't very many for a guy his age. That's an average of 16 a year. And before you tell me none of that matters and that he elevates his game in the POs, his production in the PO is .68ppg. That's exactly .03 higher than his career avg of .65ppg during the regular season. Interesting stuff.

I got nothing against Justin Williams. Nothing against him at all.Of the young players we've traded away the last 10-15 years him and Sharp are easily the ones I have the least problem with as players and people. If I had a time machine and was able to undo a few trades, those would definitely be two of the top ones.

They are both perfect examples of why I couldn't stand Hitchcock. I really could not stand that man's approach to building a line up. If he didn't like you that was all she wrote.

I do have to point out though, 209 career goals really isn't very many for a guy his age. That's an average of 16 a year. And before you tell me none of that matters and that he elevates his game in the POs, his production in the PO is .68ppg. That's exactly .03 higher than his career avg of .65ppg during the regular season. Interesting stuff.

Williams is a complimentary player, but he is great at it. His career goal totals are down because of injury - which was a concern for the Flyers - but he did score 30 twice (including Carolina's Cup year). 

He had one injury year with the Flyers, two with the Canes and in the split season with the Canes/Kings played 44.

That said, he's played every game of the past three seasons.

He's right where he is now - a pretty consistent 20 goal scorer. 

Not sure he would have gotten my vote for Conn Smythe, though... But I can't really argue with the decision.

Williams is a complimentary player, but he is great at it. His career goal totals are down because of injury - which was a concern for the Flyers - but he did score 30 twice (including Carolina's Cup year). 

He had one injury year with the Flyers, two with the Canes and in the split season with the Canes/Kings played 44.

That said, he's played every game of the past three seasons.

He's right where he is now - a pretty consistent 20 goal scorer. 

Not sure he would have gotten my vote for Conn Smythe, though... But I can't really argue with the decision.

I agree he is a very good complimentary player. I agree with that completely. I think he's the kind of guy that is great on a team that's already solid, but is not someone you build around.

I think it's certainly possible injuries have hurt his numbers - anyone who has any talent is going to produce more the more they play - but it's not like he tears it up when he plays most of the season. He's only hit 70 points in year once (and I'm only looking at the years he played most of the season). I think he's just one of those guys who does better in a PO or tournament setting.

Justin is about to pull a Bryan Bickell.....turning a stellar playoff in a contract year into big money. He's an excellent top 6 forward, but will not be worth the eventual price a team will pay, both in terms of cap hit and length. I'm thinking he gets 6.5 mill for 5 years or more.

good research. Briere produces more and is just (or close to) clutch. 

sometimes we (board) get gagga about would of, could of should have. In this case, the move was right. Markov was a dman we needed for the playoffs that year (sans the cigs and vodka). 

Markov was a dman we needed for the playoffs that year (sans the cigs and vodka). 

That's all part of the problem - fixing "this year's" problem by giving away long term assets.

We are so used to is as Flyers fans, it's hard to have a different perspective.

That's all part of the problem - fixing "this year's" problem by giving away long term assets.

Yeah, and that one really hurt. Somebody in Carolina must have had some naughty pictures of Clarke, because between that trade and the Primeau trade, I just want to puke. 

Edited by Vanflyer

good research. Briere produces more and is just (or close to) clutch. 

sometimes we (board) get gagga about would of, could of should have. In this case, the move was right. Markov was a dman we needed for the playoffs that year (sans the cigs and vodka). 

He defintiely deserves the accolades for what he did in the POs, but I hate "would of, could have" crap, especially when it's based on nothing more than a guy's current production. I like the guy, but ain't nothing says exaggeration like talking up a 16-goal a year man like he's a perennial all-star.