The best trade rumor site....

jammer2

The folks at mynhltraderumors.com seem to be kicking out a quality product. I've read if for a half a year now, and they seem pretty accurate with their reports. A lot of the stuff seems to come true, or at least a decent portion. I know most know about this site, but just thought I'd pass it along for those that did not know, cause we are about to enter one of the busiest trading summers of all time, so a site like this can come in handy.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/

• Like 1

@jammer2

Agreed on both counts!

mynhltraderumors.com is very on the ball, unlike some others that like to say that so and so is rumored to be dealt to an Eastern team, unless he is being shipped out west, of course there is a great chance he may not be dealt at all either (E4). mynhltraderumors seems to have it together.

I also agree this will be a big offseason for trades, there is so little out there in the free agent pool. Look for a lot of names to be tossed about.

@yave1964   An interesting note, the Sabres are actually selling their compliance buy-outs. They will take a 1st round pick from a team looking to buy a player out, acquire the player and then buy him out. Talk about out of the box thinking, I never even thought about trying this.

They will take a 1st round pick from a team looking to buy a player out, acquire the player and then buy him out.

I read that the other day...fun i can't see anyone being desperate enough to do that. Not even the Flyers if Homer was still at the helm.

I don't know if they have used any yet or not but if the Rangers had half a brain they'd buy out Nash and Richards (that is a whopping 15 mill cap hit between the two) and use that money to sign everyone else who needs it on their roster.....man talk about two guys that have fallen fast.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor   Nash is a weird case. You know he has the talent to deliver, we know that from the excellent international performances for Team Canada. Problem is, he does not use his God given talent nearly often enough. A lot of people thought it was the lack of talent on the Blue Jackets, but that excuse has gone to the wayside, and he just has to face the fact he is under productive in comparison to his hefty contract. Teams will always be enamored with this guy to pay a nice price for his services.....but really, if you don't produce during the ECF and SCF....when are you going to produce? I'd sever ties with this stiff as fast as possible.

Teams will always be enamored with this guy to pay a nice price for his services.....but really, if you don't produce during the ECF and SCF....when are you going to produce?

To me at times it looked to be floating or more lacking in effort...at other lost at what he should be doing in AV system. He may be given a second chance...but this offseason is the last for a buy out they better think long and hard about that.

@OccamsRazor  I think when you are paying a guy 7.8 mill a year for the next 5 years, you're looking for a tad more than 39 pts. Even if 26 of those are goals, it's still not worth the cap hit. I can see a trade, but not a buy-out. He's to valuable of an asset to just let walk for nothing.

I can see a trade, but not a buy-out

That is possible someone will take him even at that hefty salary someone like the Blues, Nashville, Phoenix or even maybe Florida and other even that just won't come to my head right now. 

We could offer them to be a link to forum discussions, and in turn, link to them as rumors

Thats actually a good idea (don't know the particulars regarding what the service deals are with HF / digity), but seems like a reasonable idea aside from that linchpin. 

I've never seen that site before either.  It doesn't appear if they have other sites linked for affiliations or partnerships.  But I will inquire.  I did like their RSS feed link.  Once I get that sidebar back up I'll give their site a try.  

I've never seen that site before either.  It doesn't appear if they have other sites linked for affiliations or partnerships.  But I will inquire.  I did like their RSS feed link.  Once I get that sidebar back up I'll give their site a try.  

heh. Was just a thought.

If they wanted a more formal place to discuss their rumors for people who visit their site, you are pretty much giving them a free of charge forum to be affiliated with. The upside is possible new members who want to discuss good old Hockey :)

For them, they get more exposure to their website to Hockey fans and rumors from the site that comes up high in google search when you type in "hockey forums".