Meltzer's Musings: Perlini, Virtanen, Drafting Wingers, Quick Hits

pilldoc

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=60621#.U52ghZTrOIw.twitter

Yet another interesting article from Meltzer.

This quote is very telling.....

"In my opinion, a team needs to be decisive and then stick to it in order to allow a fair chance for the player to settle in to his new position. Changing it up again after three games isn't a reasonable sample size to determine if the arrangement can work."

Absolutely agree with this.  This is one are I really hope is addressed next season.  They really need to stop the constantly switching of players.  Just my opinion.

Take the article for what is worth.......

@pilldoc

Yesterday Meltzers article was titled "Timonen, Perlini, Quick Hits". I read it twice, then looked through it again trying to find his reference to Perlini. Nothing.

If he falls to us you'd have to consider him. I'm not a big fan of his game cause he plays a little soft, but skill he has.

Interesting take. I think Meltzer is generally on point in most of what he says. I like "day in history" part. 

I think the most important thing he said is youth versus veteran in effecting a position switch. On that score, moving VLC to wing can be seen as an act of desperation.

Peace to all as we approach the start of summer...and the draft.

Howie

Interesting statement by Bill and I agree...  Some line consistency would be nice and allow the players to gel a bit.  The only problem I see is with VLC - he alone almost demands line tinkering b/c he needs to be slotted as a Center.  And since we like to roster 15 centers it only makes the job that much more difficult.

I for one am excited for the draft to see what Hexy has up his sleeve.  Does he take the best player available despite the postion, does he make a move at the draft, etc...

Are there any forwards in this draft that could have an immediate impact?