Colorado Seeks Club-Elected Arbitration for O'Reilly

radoran

@yave1964  They did a great job locking up Duchene and Landeskog. They have Duchene locked in at 6 mill until 2019 and Landeskog making 5.5 mill until 2021. Those seem like a decent discount in today's market value, but in the coming years, they will be absolute steals. Philly would never be able to make deals like this. I see Duchene moving closer and closer to Giroux's value, but a rather large 2 mill per year in cap space separates them in actual dollars.

@yave1964  They did a great job locking up Duchene and Landeskog. They have Duchene locked in at 6 mill until 2019 and Landeskog making 5.5 mill until 2021. Those seem like a decent discount in today's market value, but in the coming years, they will be absolute steals. Philly would never be able to make deals like this. I see Duchene moving closer and closer to Giroux's value, but a rather large 2 mill per year in cap space separates them in actual dollars.

Stastny is a goner for certain, frankly I think I would rather overpay for a top line center than for a top line wing any day of the week. Stastny is the best available at his position and still young enough to be a top center for a competitive team for years. It is not his fault that he was surpassed by some serious talent through the pipeline and is too good to be a third liner. I am telling you, if Toronto does not make a serious play for him Nonis needs fired.

@yave1964  I totally agree, Stasney is a perfect fit in TO. What more can they ask for, the guy is a ppg performer when he's in the top 6, Colorado was probably one of the only places where he would be pushed to the second pp or 3rd line. In Toronto, as a 1st line center playing with Kessel, you could pencil him for a ppg guaranteed...they need to pay him whatever he asks for, they have essentially had two legit first line centers in the past 3 decades, Sittler and Sundin. If they have any hopes of growing into a legit contender, they have to fix this once and for all.

@yave1964  I totally agree, Stasney is a perfect fit in TO. What more can they ask for, the guy is a ppg performer when he's in the top 6, Colorado was probably one of the only places where he would be pushed to the second pp or 3rd line. In Toronto, as a 1st line center playing with Kessel, you could pencil him for a ppg guaranteed...they need to pay him whatever he asks for, they have essentially had two legit first line centers in the past 3 decades, Sittler and Sundin. If they have any hopes of growing into a legit contender, they have to fix this once and for all.

He'd be pushed to the 3rd line on the Sharks too. Unless he plays wing, which I heard he does not. Pavelski and Hertl both can switch to wing from Center and Marleau has been a permanent winger for years now from his natural center position, but Stastny would not be unsteating Thornton or Couture any more than Pavelski did(Which is why he ended up on wing or 3rd line)

On the other hand, if they demote Thornton to the 3rd line and 2nd PP, Stastny could center Hertl and Pavelski :)

They basically had Thornton playing the role of defensive checking forward in the playoffs anyways, taking all the defensive zone draws because he rarely loses them. Mostly because Pavelski and Couture could not win faceoffs due to their injuries. Thornton is the one guy on the team you could give 2 fire Hydrants for wingers and he would make stuff happen. And Torres and Wingels are better than Fire Hydrants

I almost like the sound of it. For the love of god, we are one of the few teams who could easily afford him and Niskanen at 7 million each for 6 years.

Marleau/Couture/Nieto

Hertl/Stastny/Pavelski

Torres/Thornton/Wingels

Sheppard/Desjardins/Brown

Vlasic/Burns

?????Niskanen?/Braun

?????Mueller?/Demers

Irwin

Stalock

????Reimer?

Hell, Jettison dead weight Stuart, Niemi, Burish and Kennedy(Havlat is already gone) and you free up almost 10 million more. You could offer Miller a freaking contract if you wanted lol.

The idea of adding another center to a team with 9 natural centers is silly, but we make it work by cheating on faceoffs :) Get thrown out, another guy good at faceoffs takes it!

Edited by J0e Th0rnton