Kane for the Schenns?

It's curious how some people think that when our assets turn sour, they just need a change of scenery, but the reverse is never true.

Yep. See: Mason, Steve.

If Kane's ego is so big with mediocre stats, what would he be like to deal with if he scored 45 with G?  Laughton himself may end up better than Kane all round, so it's a big pass for me. Luke Schenn played the best hockey of his life in the past few months of the regular season and had a respectable playoff.....I wanna see him have a shot at repeating that, hopefully with McDonald as a full time partner. The good Schenn (it *is* getting harder to tell the difference, huh?) scored 20 goals for a younger player, that is decent, want to see him build on that also. Sometimes the grass is greener.

• Like 2

If Brayden wants 3 million, I hope Hexy laughs him back to the AHL.

And punches him first.

The kid did ABSOLUTELY nothing to warm that kind of money.

zILCH. And if his agent wants to cry "market value" then all Hexy has to do is pull out Coots' contract on which he signed a far more valuable and accomplished young player to a much cheaper deal.

2011's "The best player not in the NHL" has been a fairly mediocre NHL player for a little while now.

This isn't when he makes his big payday. That's the next contract. He makes 2 or less now and he's happy as punch and pie for it or he gets shipped to the Tallahassee Warthogs I mean Florida panthers or maybe the Buffalo Sabres.

Yikes... Sorry for mentioning it dude. Trying to get away from the " wo is me carter/ricjards bs"...

Brayden is not signing for 2M.... Hate to break it to you but I think he is going to be looking for a minimum of 3M.

If Kane is available and Schenn wants 3m a yr I am all for the trade. Kane with G and Jake would dominate and make the first and second pp better.

The kid did ABSOLUTELY nothing to warm that kind of money.

Going to be hard when the Flyers paid 4.5m to vinny for nearly identical production AND schenn is tremendously better defensively than VLC. 

• Like 2

Good stuff. Needed the laugh.

hope Laughton ever scores 30, but I have absolutely no reason to expect it will happen.

He has shown some very nice offensive flair this past season, yeah...I know it's the OHL, but I think he's gonna be a nice point producer at the NHL level. A lot will depend on his role and linemates, and I don't expect a ton of goals/points as a rookie, but he's done nothing to show me that he *won't* chip in with some nice offense.

Why does the OHL take such a beating like a red headed step child? 

I mean, it's no NCAA... :ph34r:

No, really, the thing here is projecting older players' accomplishments in Junior directly to NHL success.

The record of 20+ picks in the first round is simply not totally astounding to simply assume success.

I hope to God that Laughton comes in and sets the world on fire. Flyers get a solid 20/50 guy out of him, I'm happy. Flyers get more - that's a bonus. But until he does I'm not even pencilling him into the NHL much less presuming he's going to set the world on fire.

I mean, it's no NCAA... :ph34r:

No, really, the thing here is projecting older players' accomplishments in Junior directly to NHL success.

The record of 20+ picks in the first round is simply not totally astounding to simply assume success.

I hope to God that Laughton comes in and sets the world on fire. Flyers get a solid 20/50 guy out of him, I'm happy. Flyers get more - that's a bonus. But until he does I'm not even pencilling him into the NHL much less presuming he's going to set the world on fire.

Perfectly said.

• Like 1

But until he does I'm not even pencilling him into the NHL much less presuming he's going to set the world on fire.

Yes i agree and honestly he should be penciled into the Phantoms lineup as their #1 center playing big minutes every night instead of 10-12 minutes on the 4th for the Flyers. It is what would be best for his development.

Now with that said i would give him every opportunity to show he is ready if that is the case during camp and preseason.

But unless he can earn bigger minutes than the 4th lines duties i'd rather have him on the Phantoms 1st line. And then maybe a callup here and there throughout the season when the chance arises.

• Like 3

Yes i agree and honestly he should be penciled into the Phantoms lineup as their #1 center playing big minutes every night instead of 10-12 minutes on the 4th for the Flyers. It is what would be best for his development.

Now with that said i would give him every opportunity to show he is ready if that is the case during camp and preseason.

But unless he can earn bigger minutes than the 4th lines duties i'd rather have him on the Phantoms 1st line. And then maybe a callup here and there throughout the season when the chance arises.

Yup, this too. No need to rush.

• Like 1

I guess, but how is that any different than the QMJHL (which I would probably bash because of their notorious lack of attention to defensive detail) ahead of the OHL, WHL, even NCAA? I guess my point being is why does that one junior league get so much of a bad rap when its a crap shoot (most of the time), for any player that has yet to play a game of pro-hockey?? 

Edited by Vanflyer

@Vanflyer

The OHL gets a bad rap? It supplies more NHLers than any other league in the world. 1 of every 5 current NHL players are OHL alumni. If you look at overall history it would be much higher.

Jammers comment could have said 'junior' as opposed to "OHL'. It's generally easier to score there than the NHL.

@Vanflyer  I think everyone here realizes the OHL is the preeminent supplier of talent, bar none to the NHL. I can quote you stats till the cows come home...but in the end, it's not the NHL, so you have to take OHL and CHL stats in general with a grain of salt...that was the only point I was trying to make.

• Like 1

I guess, but how is that any different than the QMJHL (which I would probably bash because of their notorious lack of attention to defensive detail) ahead of the OHL, WHL, even NCAA? I guess my point being is why does that one junior league get so much of a bad rap when its a crap shoot (most of the time), for any player that has yet to play a game of pro-hockey?? 

I really don't have any problem with the OHL or the CHL for that matter.

Jammers comment could have said 'junior' as opposed to "OHL'. It's generally easier to score there than the NHL.

That would make more sense to me (and thats what I thought about the OHL too in regards to supplying players from Juniors).