Bye bye Leino

Buffalo Rick

Funny stuff and perhaps the all time worst signing by Buffalo ever. 

Leino's agent: 

""Free agency starts first of July, and we'll go from there," Leino's agent, Markus Lehto, told the Buffalo News, adding Leino was not surprised by the buyout. "His priority is to play in the NHL. He knows he's a very good NHL player. Obviously, the past two seasons have been just average, I would say, but I'm not going to go and try and analyze what happened. I mean, we'll just look forward.""

= christ I hope I can make a dime off this dead beat before he goes to the KHL. 

Funny stuff and perhaps the all time worst signing by Buffalo ever. 

Leino's agent: 

""Free agency starts first of July, and we'll go from there," Leino's agent, Markus Lehto, told the Buffalo News, adding Leino was not surprised by the buyout. "His priority is to play in the NHL. He knows he's a very good NHL player. Obviously, the past two seasons have been just average, I would say, but I'm not going to go and try and analyze what happened. I mean, we'll just look forward.""

= christ I hope I can make a dime off this dead beat before he goes to the KHL. 

Should make for some interesting negotiations....his agent scored as many goals last year as Leino did in 70+ something less games maybe the agent is the better target for the interested team.......................................................................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

"His priority is to play in the NHL. He knows he's a very good NHL player. Obviously, the past two seasons have been just average"

Dude, he scored ZERO goals. I think "average" may not mean what you think it does.

Greetings:

What I don't get is this guy's collapse. He actually looked like a puck possession Forsberg-type when he played for the O and B. It is sad. I guess Ken Holland knew something.

Howie

He's a complimentary second line winger that the Sabres first tried to make into a first line center and when that didn't work out, put him on 3/4 line duty.

Given the abject lack of talent on the Sabres 3/4 lines, there was nothing for him to compliment and it's not surprising that on eht worst team in the league he didn't produce.

He is the prototypical "sixth forward" in a Top 6. 

He's a complimentary second line winger that the Sabres first tried to make into a first line center and when that didn't work out, put him on 3/4 line duty.

Given the abject lack of talent on the Sabres 3/4 lines, there was nothing for him to compliment and it's not surprising that on eht worst team in the league he didn't produce.

He is the prototypical "sixth forward" in a Top 6. 

Rad:  Sounds good to me. Do you think anybody takes a pass at him at some low price and/or two-way deal?

Peace,

Howie

I like Ted Nolan. 

But,  he sometimes put Leino on the power play this past season. 

You know, sometimes what I really like about your posts (honest, no hint of sarcasm) is that every once in awhile you throw one out there that at first gloss seemingly says nothing but actually speaks volumes.  Kudos, sir!

Rad:  Sounds good to me. Do you think anybody takes a pass at him at some low price and/or two-way deal?

Peace,

Howie

I don't see a two way deal. I see a one way at a very low price (because he has the buyout money in hand) at a short term.