Rutherford's HC List; Interviews underway...

B21

WTF? A NHL coach is the pentacle of a persons coaching career. How could a person not "come to terms" with that job???  

Or maybe Crosby could not come to terms?? Hmmmmm

Then again - anyone from Climax, Saskatchewan has to be kinda cool.

Then again - anyone from Climax, Saskatchewan has to be kinda cool.

Gotta be better than Bird-in-Hand or Blue Ball, Pennsylvania.

I'm still hoping for Torts. The division wasn't the same without him.

On a serious note, I'm suprised that there hasn't been much movement here. You'd think the Pens would be a destination a lot of coaches would be itching for, and would be willing to back off some of their contract demands in order to land the job. Enough so that once Rutherford found his guy, it shouldn't be hard to come to terms. If Desjardins was his guy and he ended up saying no, I wonder if this new crop of interviews is because Rutherford wasn't all that enamoured of anyone else. Heck, maybe the conspiracy theory is correct, and he knows he has Babcock waiting in the wings for next season, and can't just get anyone to take a one year deal. Then again, if that was actually the case, he probably would have just stuck it out with Disco for one more year.

I'm still hoping for Torts. The division wasn't the same without him.

I dont think torts gets another coaching job in the nhl. 

Reading more about Desjardins, I think it just came down to quality of life and comfort. He coached in the WHL and while no offence to Pittsburgh, if I had a choice of spending 9 months of the year in Vancouver or Pitts, I would choose Van 9 times out of 10. 

Possible. He did win a Cup, though. That alone will probably get him one more stint, though it's more likely to be on a team at the bottom than one at the top.

Possible. He did win a Cup, though. That alone will probably get him one more stint, though it's more likely to be on a team at the bottom than one at the top.

You are probably right. But any GM worth his salt is going to have a tough pill to swallow in hiring him after the Calgary debacle. Add into that all the shenanigans in New York and its a non-sequitor. Ring aside, I would not even hire him for my ECHL team. I think he is Mike Keenan v. 2.0- and maybe worse. 

Edited by Vanflyer

Reading more about Desjardins, I think it just came down to quality of life and comfort. He coached in the WHL and while no offence to Pittsburgh, if I had a choice of spending 9 months of the year in Vancouver or Pitts, I would choose Van 9 times out of 10.

Word was it was a contract terms issue so I don't know. We weren't too far behind Vancouver on the liveable cities list! Lol

We weren't too far behind Vancouver on the liveable cities list! Lol

I guess the biggest thing is that the woman in Van have all their teeth. Not sure if that is a detriment or accolade. Thats for others to choose. :-)

I guess the biggest thing is that the woman in Van have all their teeth. Not sure if that is a detriment or accolade. Thats for others to choose. :-)

You Guys keep confusing our girls for West Virginia girls. Ours have all their teeth and BIG hair to go with them. Some of us are trapped in the 80's I fear...

You Guys keep confusing our girls for West Virginia girls.

Is there a difference between West Virginia and Pitts?? (joking of course). 

Big hair, eh? So all the girls from new jersey moved there??