Should We Bring Back Leino for Minimum?

Howie58

It has been a long day after seven hours of training and two Merlots so forgive my trespass.  I noted Ville Leino has been bought out. Well, I guess Homer did make some good moves..in this case, letting him walk to the Sabres.  His collapse after a good year with us is kind of astonishing. I am posting in jest...seriously, no I don't want him back. But his case is truly amazing in terms of productivity after the signing. There were times he had real creativity and puck control we don't demonstrate. Just amazing how this screwed up for Buffalo. 

Best,

Howie

It has been a long day after seven hours of training and two Merlots so forgive my trespass.  I noted Ville Leino has been bought out. Well, I guess Homer did make some good moves..in this case, letting him walk to the Sabres.  His collapse after a good year with us is kind of astonishing. I am posting in jest...seriously, no I don't want him back. But his case is truly amazing in terms of productivity after the signing. There were times he had real creativity and puck control we don't demonstrate. Just amazing how this screwed up for Buffalo. 

Best,

Howie

With the software upgrade I had the option of giving likes and dislikes to posts.  This topic is giving me second thoughts to adding the "dislikes"    ;)

just say no

With the software upgrade I had the option of giving likes and dislikes to posts.  This topic is giving me second thoughts to adding the "dislikes"    ;)

just say no

I was thinking that Tootoo out in San Jose had a collapse, even worse.  Well, I won't even suggest a two-way contract...I might get lynched. 

Best,

Howie

@sarsippius  No goals last year.....shooting % obviously 0 also.....ha ha...if it were not so sad, it would be funny. We tried telling Rick he was ca ca....

I remember how happy BRick was on that signing! We tried to warn him average player, only I don't think any of us could have imagined Leino falling this far!!! 

@sarsippius  I had a suspicion he would outright stink in Buffalo. The reason? He was and is a one trick pony. He did that silly little half step, half spin move to avoid would be checkers....and never really evolved from that....so it worked for his last year as a Flyer, but the book got out that it was his "elusive" move, and opposing checkers and coaches nullified it. That cancleled out one of his primary assets, the ability to rag the puck and find the time/patience to sustain possession until a teammate became open. Once that little trick unravvled, he was all but done. I had a feeling the league would catch up to that and render him useless, and that is exactly what happened.

He's a former Flyer who had one great post season so that meets Ed Snider's criteria. Look for Leino to be offered a front office position by Uncle Ed during draft weekend ;)

So Hexy will also be trading for Umberger then, right?

Best,

Howie

Howie, clearly it was a long day for you... that's the only thing I can attribute this thread to.  ;)