Gord Murphy in, Paddock out

Samifan

@Samifan

Paddock is 60... 

I have always liked him, he was a HC in Hershey and won the calder if i remember correctly.

I have read the Gord Murhpy is good with young players and teaching the "finer points " of the position,   I remember him being a solid player but I remember that was with the Bruins. 

I know the 5 on 5 play is a big deal to Chief so maybe this is a way to improve that or maybe it signals new young guys playing defense for the Flyers... probably the first thing

Gord Murphy named new assistant coach, will coach the D. Paddock relieved of his duties. Fresh Perspective?

Would love for the Flyers to swing a trade for his son. I mentioned this idea a couple weeks back as an idea to trade the Schenn's for for Boedker and Connor Murphy.

Throw a pick (or prospsect) in there to make it happen if need be not the 1st pick though.

Boedker could play left wing for them and give them another year before he is a RFA. Connor could when ready be a top 3 defenseman on the Flyers.