CBJ trades Umberger for Hartnell

So you're saying Zac Rinaldo is better than Hartnell? (see what I did there, another fanaticism)

To reiterate what I've previously posted in this thread....I was surprised Hartnell waived his NTC, I think Hartnell is tougher to play against than Umberger, but that it's a good deal in the end, Hextall seems like he's looking ahead, maybe another deal coming, Hartnell is a good guy, it's a good deal in the end, Giroux will now have a linemate he can pass to, maybe a good break for Schenn, and  Hextall actually got a pick instead of throwing one away.. 

Toughness ain't won tthis team squat since before I was born.

For a guy who constantly complains about the organIzation's "culture", you sure do cry a lot when they make a move that goes against that culture. So they just made a move that made them better defensively, will keep them out of the box more, and gets them cap relief in a few years (another thing you constantly complain about) and you're still unhappy? They could trade every player on the team you hate and you'd still find something to complain about if they did.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toughness ain't won tthis team squat since before I was born.

For a guy who constantly complains about the organIzation's "culture", you sure do cry a lot when they make a move that goes against that culture. So they just made a move that made them better defensively, will keep them out of the box more, and gets them cap relief in a few years (another thing you constantly complain about) and you're still unhappy? They could trade every player on the team you hate and you'd still find something to complain about if they did.

Revisiting this now, after telling everyone Umberger was a constant scratch for Columbus and sucked defensively for the last while, I feel better.

Hartnell was definitely a better option to keep.

With that in mind, since everyone hates Umberger now

???

He is probably talking about me. For some bizarre reason, he takes shots at me out of nowhere. He has ever since I came to this site. Doesn't matter how long since we last chatted, as you can see, he holds a bigger grudge than a teenage girl. Maybe it makes him feel better about himself? I dunno.

Revisiting this now, after telling everyone Umberger was a constant scratch for Columbus and sucked defensively for the last while, I feel better.

Hartnell was definitely a better option to keep.

With that in mind, since everyone hates Umberger now

He's also the more costly one. Plus, I already know what Scott Hartnell means to this particular line up and it ain't the big a difference. He ain't putting us over an ant hill, let alone the massive mountain we need to eclipsed to become a better team. With that said, I'd rather have some money off the books sooner rather than later. Now, if we're talking about a PO team, sure I'd like to have him.

Archived