So does this mean that we're rebuil..."retooling" ?

fishbulb

I prefer to receive it on my forehand not backhand easier to control and less chance it bounces. Also he could one time it on the RW. On the LW he'd have to stop it first.

Um, cough, cough- Mark Recchi was a lefthanded shot playing right wing. There is an advantage too because when in possession of the puck, your stick is on the inside giving you options of allot more to shoot at. 

almost exactly the same thought I had when i heard the news - this is for 3 years from now when the Hart/Burglar money comes off the books; meanwhile a bridge deal for BSchenn... hopefullymaybe Vincent LeCav finds a new home soon... but yeah - thanks for writing it out - saved me the trouble - ha!

I had this thought too, and the major downside - if that's where Hexy's plan is headed - is that it kinda wastes Giroux's best years in a sense. He'll be 29-30 in 3 years from now.

Ok time to have some fun :)

In fantasy land, here's what our team could look like this year - yes, it requires unloading Coburn, Grossman, and VLC. And it requires a leap of faith in goal, on defense, and up front.

But keep in mind that Connor McDavid is up for grabs in next year's draft. Would it be the worst thing in the world if our team regressed? We'll never finish last overall, but sometimes the only way up is down.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

Philadelphia Flyers

FORWARDS
Matt Moulson ($3.133m) / Claude Giroux ($8.275m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m) 
R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) / Brayden Schenn ($2.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m) 
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare ($0.600m) / Sean Couturier ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($3.625m) 
Michael Raffl ($1.100m) / Scott Laughton ($0.863m) / Jason Akeson ($0.715m) 
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / 

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Andrew MacDonald ($5.000m) 
Kimmo Timonen ($2.000m) / Aaron Ekblad ($0.900m) 
Mark Alt ($0.782m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m) 
Oliver Lauridsen ($0.600m) / 

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($4.100m) 
Anthony Stolarz ($0.753m) 

BUYOUTS
Daniel Briere ($0.000m) 
Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m) 

LTIR
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) 

RETAINED SALARIES (1.58% of upper limit)
Vincent Lecavalier ($1.125m—25.00%) 

BONUS OVERAGE
$345,000
------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,266,666; BONUSES: $1,971,667

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $9,833,334

@brelic

Having Stolarz play any goal at this point would likely bring us closer to McDavid. I really don't think his head is ready for the pressure of the NHL. A year or two in the A might do him some good. You could ruin his confidence for good bringing him up this early...he's just not ready.

@brelic

Having Stolarz play any goal at this point would likely bring us closer to McDavid. I really don't think his head is ready for the pressure of the NHL. A year or two in the A might do him some good. You could ruin his confidence for good bringing him up this early...he's just not ready.

Maybe, but he's also 20 (close to 21 when the season starts) and not an 18 year old kid. I trust the coaching staff to evaluate these things. I'm just having fun as an armchair GM ;)

But I'll gladly take McDavid even it means Stolarz gets a bruised ego!

Maybe, but he's also 20 (close to 21 when the season starts) and not an 18 year old kid. I trust the coaching staff to evaluate these things. I'm just having fun as an armchair GM ;)

Ya, i got that part when I saw Ekblad and Moulson on the team.

Me three.

Ya, i got that part when I saw Ekblad and Moulson on the team.

Me three.

In all seriousness, though, a 4th line of Raffl/Laughton/Akeson is a distinct possibility, and one that would move us closer to the 'roll 4 lines that can score' mentality instead of the typical 4th line.

They're all largely unproven, but it would be a fun experiment, and I would dare say definitely better than Downie/Hall/Rinaldo.

Um, cough, cough- Mark Recchi was a lefthanded shot playing right wing. There is an advantage too because when in possession of the puck, your stick is on the inside giving you options of allot more to shoot at. 

Yeah i said there are a lot around the league that play that way Jake being one of them.

But i have watched a lot of video of the prospect we are discussing and he is a right hand shot playing RW.

I'm not labeling either but i'm sure if you ask him his preference he'll tell you RW.

Just like Umberger the other day said he played all 3 positions and it's been a long time since he played center but he is most comfortable on the LW.

Like Vinny said he prefered the center spot.

Ok time to have some fun :)

In fantasy land, here's what our team could look like this year - yes, it requires unloading Coburn, Grossman, and VLC. And it requires a leap of faith in goal, on defense, and up front.

But keep in mind that Connor McDavid is up for grabs in next year's draft. Would it be the worst thing in the world if our team regressed? We'll never finish last overall, but sometimes the only way up is down.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

Philadelphia Flyers

FORWARDS

Matt Moulson ($3.133m) / Claude Giroux ($8.275m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m) 

R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) / Brayden Schenn ($2.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m) 

Pierre-Edouard Bellemare ($0.600m) / Sean Couturier ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($3.625m) 

Michael Raffl ($1.100m) / Scott Laughton ($0.863m) / Jason Akeson ($0.715m) 

Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / 

DEFENSEMEN

Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Andrew MacDonald ($5.000m) 

Kimmo Timonen ($2.000m) / Aaron Ekblad ($0.900m) 

Mark Alt ($0.782m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m) 

Oliver Lauridsen ($0.600m) / 

GOALTENDERS

Steve Mason ($4.100m) 

Anthony Stolarz ($0.753m) 

BUYOUTS

Daniel Briere ($0.000m) 

Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m) 

LTIR

Chris Pronger ($4.941m) 

RETAINED SALARIES (1.58% of upper limit)

Vincent Lecavalier ($1.125m—25.00%) 

BONUS OVERAGE

$345,000

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,266,666; BONUSES: $1,971,667

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $9,833,334

I like that lineup.....however getting Moulson at 3 mill i can't see. I love the Ekblad spot though i know it's a stretch but hey like you said having fun.