Flyers interested in Phaneuf?

mng815

this is just a theory of mine. not saying its right or wrong or if I even want it to happen. But here it goes. It's been widely speculated that the Flyers have been kicking the tires of Phaneuf's price tag from Toronto, And all of us here know about the hatred Phaneuf and Hartnell have for each other. Could today's move of Hartnell be a precursor to a Phaneuf move? Like I said just thinking out loud. have no idea if Phaneuf's salary can be fit in or not.

Edited by mng815

I agree. But grossman and vinny isn't enough to get him. Need a young player as well. Haag ? Morin ? Ghost? Alt? Not sure. But yes both those contracts must go the other way and vinny helps their center situation. Rather have vinny at 5.5 then Bolland at 5-6.

Phaneuf's salary and the duration of his contract are much much larger problems than Hartnell I'm sure.

I'll be very disappointed if they bring him in.  He's just too expensive and not that much of a game changer at this point.

Phaneuf for VLC if we keep half Vinny's and they Keep Half Dion's contracts? 

Even then... to much.

have no idea if Phaneuf's salary can be fit in or not.

Phaneuf for VLC if we keep half Vinny's and they Keep Half Dion's contracts? 

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Toronto needs a center badly so any deal would have to include Vinny. Does anyone know Phaneuf's yearly cap hit and contract lenght? 

Too much and way too long.

7 million through 2021.

Yes.  That's right.

How much of that do you think Toronto would swallow?  Half is expecting too much.  I don't take the deal.

Phaneuf's yearly cap hit and contract lenght?

Too much and way too long.

7 million through 2021.

Yes.  That's right.

Holy ****. had no idea it was so long. i knew the cap hit was pretty high. wasn't aware of the length. Ok forget my post. No to Phagoof

Edited by mng815

I remember back in 1997 or whenever when Lindros and Rod were featured in some "Body" issue of something as being the Hanz and Franz of the NHL at that point and being really into their lifting and sculpting.

Hextall's response to the press was something like, "Meh, i've seen both of them in the shower... they're nothing special."

Point being I don't think Hextall is very impressed with reputation or chatter or the size of a guy's contract.  I don't see him taking a dead albatross like Phaneuf's contract for anything.  He doesn't want to be paying anyone for another 7 years... not even at 3.5 million. (or really closer to 6 million if you add in VLC's half of this Hypothetical deal).

I'm with you.  This really probably ain't happening.  And dear god I hope to hell I'm right about that.  The Maples Leafs did this to themselves and it makes VLC and Hartnell's contracts look like works of genius.  Hell it kinda makes Bryz's debacle contract look smart.

No happening my man... Not happening

I remember back in 1997 or whenever when Lindros and Rod were featured in some "Body" issue of something as being the Hanz and Franz of the NHL at that point and being really into their lifting and sculpting.

Hextall's response to the press was something like, "Meh, i've seen both of them in the shower... they're nothing special."

Point being I don't think Hextall is very impressed with reputation or chatter or the size of a guy's contract. I don't see him taking a dead albatross like Phaneuf's contract for anything. He doesn't want to be paying anyone for another 7 years... not even at 3.5 million. (or really closer to 6 million if you add in VLC's half of this Hypothetical deal).

I'm with you. This really probably ain't happening. And dear god I hope to hell I'm right about that. The Maples Leafs did this to themselves and it makes VLC and Hartnell's contracts look like works of genius. Hell it kinda makes Bryz's debacle contract look smart.

Completely agree... I hope we are both right. For the betterment of the team an its future it can't happen!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this and might i do it in stereo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better effect that way 

this is just a theory of mine. not saying its right or wrong or if I even want it to happen. But here it goes. It's been widely speculated that the Flyers have been kicking the tires of Phaneuf's price tag from Toronto, And all of us here know about the hatred Phaneuf and Hartnell have for each other. Could today's move of Hartnell be a precursor to a Phaneuf move? Like I said just thinking out loud. have no idea if Phaneuf's salary can be fit in or not.

I hope to **** that Hexie isn't stupid enough to trade for Phaneuf and that 7 year contract.

this and might i do it in stereo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better effect that way 

multilingual.....

Here’s how to say no in twenty languages:

Albanian              Jo

American             Nope, Uh-Uh, No way

Apache                 Dah

Arabic                   Lay, La or Laa

Basque                 Ez

Cantonese          Mhai’

Danish                  Jen

Farsi                       Nah

French                  Non

German               Nein

Hawaiian              ‘A’ ole

Hindi                      Naheen (and others)

Manchu               Waka

Maori                    Aka

Nepali                   Ahaa

Russian                 Nyet

Tagalog                 Hindi (po)

Tibetan                 Yo

Zulu                       Cha

Zuni                       ‘Ella

• Like 2

multilingual.....

Here’s how to say no in twenty languages:

Albanian              Jo

American             Nope, Uh-Uh, No way

Apache                 Dah

Arabic                   Lay, La or Laa

Basque                 Ez

Cantonese          Mhai’

Danish                  Jen

Farsi                       Nah

French                  Non

German               Nein

Hawaiian              ‘A’ ole

Hindi                      Naheen (and others)

Manchu               Waka

Maori                    Aka

Nepali                   Ahaa

Russian                 Nyet

Tagalog                 Hindi (po)

Tibetan                 Yo

Zulu                       Cha

Zuni                       ‘Ella

WELL PLAYED