Can I just say

aziz

I'm excited about this off-season. A fairly minor deal and a reasonable contact signing... But to me they have the team looking very different already. I almost feel like the guy at the wheel might be good at this whole build-a-team thing.

Weird.

Plus,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wNGrhc2dfns/TsE3Tv0rUEI/AAAAAAAACg8/DMKRSL5f8SI/s280/3445907554_a5483a19f7_o.jpg

Me too aziz. I have a good feeling. Hextall is the first non-broad street bully to run things in a while. Plus he saw first hand the kind of team they assembled in LA that won the Cup twice. 

And his first two moves are good ones. 

It's gonna be nuts in rumourland from here until FA.

@aziz  That pic was just wrong.

I have this renewed feeling of optimism regarding the Flyers. A new day has dawned. Now we get the draft picks, not give them away as throw ins. Hexy gives me hope that we can build a strong core, and stick to it. We know how to travel down the has been road....let's develop our own and just supplement/touch up with trades and UFA. We have to get away from trading to fix this thing, it's a repetitive cycle that goes no where quickly. Unless.....a trade like Exblad comes down the pipe....lol.

Even though the Harts trade was not earth shattering, perhaps we can learn a little through this minor transaction. It appears that Hexy (at least in this small sample size) wants a better defensive team and wants to be cost effective. This is a good...no....great sign moving forward. If anyone can realize the importance of an elite defensive core, it's an ex goalie like Hexy. We FINALLY have the goalie in place, Hexy's number one task is to slowly overhaul the defense into a championship caliber crew. Let's see just how shrewd this cat is.

It's too eraly to draw a conclusion about Hextall at this point - *any* conclusion, be it a positive or a negative.  I want to remind everyone that most of us felt infatuated with Homer when he embarked into his sweeping changes as he took over from the Clarkie's mess.  Let's just wait and see...

• Like 1

@maddog

Agree.

No conclusions. I agree that it's folly at this point. Personally, I just like this trade (still sad to see a long time Flyer shown the door) and thought the Schenn contact was decent.

Time will tell about any of it. Completely agree that one week does not a legacy make

• Like 1

Oh Wow!!  The famous "naked interview".  That took places just after he lost game 7 in Edmonton for the Cup. 

The best is if you watch the video clip of it, the camera man starts zooming out to that point and realizes that there are pubes in the frame and quickly zooms back in.  This interview always pissed me off because the guy is emotional as he just lost the Cup and this dingbat reporter cant wait until the guy gets dressed to interview him, he just had to get it in the nude?  I mean come on dude....give the guy a private moment!

Plus he saw first hand the kind of team they assembled in LA that won the Cup twice.

This!!!

I am excited too as he knows what it takes and has said he wants to build through the draft.  No more big splashes for old retreads who were good 20 years ago!!  I am not looking forward to being patient while we build but I am excited for the long term prospects under Hexy!

Personally, I just like this trade (still sad to see a long time Flyer shown the door) and thought the Schenn contact was decent.

Absolutely. I like the trade too.  It was a financial dump, but on every surface it makes sense. As much as I did not want to see Hartnell go, it frees up much needed cash. I would be interested to see what he does with that cash.

And the Schenn deal is solid.

And there is nothing wrong with getting excited.  I just hope that the Flyers finally got the GM who will do it the right way and is not just another Snider's pawn.  We will find out soon enough, I guess.

Yeah... Let's face it gang. Nothing about either deal seems particularly in-flyers.

coots' contract was a steal, but schenn's seems normal, maybe even a little high for his age (but I'll take it). Does anyone remember what ,Maude's first post ETC was?

And trading for a well liked former flyer? That's pretty typical IMHO.

When he brings in a stud defenseman for less than 6 million for 15 years or a first line LW who isn't 97 years old on borrowed knees, we can talk.

I'm keeping myself optimistic but not sold yet. The evidence is still accumulating.

It's too eraly to draw a conclusion about Hextall at this point - *any* conclusion, be it a positive or a negative. I want to remind everyone that most of us felt infatuated with Homer when he embarked into his sweeping changes as he took over from the Clarkie's mess. Let's just wait and see...

• Like 1